The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's about that now.

City for the EPL title with United as runners up. London's best hope seems to be The Irons and in Liverpool it will be a close thing between the toffees and the pool. Leicester for third spot.

Well done City.

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

Sheffield United is a tough nut to crack but well done City. Nice to see Torres sharp and Fernandinho fit and in form. He's still the best DM we have. A professional three points and still Top of the Pops.:smile:

100% agree jelly. A bit laboured in parts but the job was done

I can understand the lack of intensity though, as we have broken another record. We are the only English club ever to win 9 games in all competitions in January. No club has done this since the formation of the football league in 1888. 

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Pep is single handedly <deleted> up my fantasy season. 

And real life season.

I gave him your team name, so he looks at who you've picked every week. Rick's picked Foden, I not play Foden. Rick's not picked Foden, I play Foden ????

32 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I gave him your team name, so he looks at who you've picked every week. Rick's picked Foden, I not play Foden. Rick's not picked Foden, I play Foden ????

More down to premature ejaculation with his 2nd wildcard...and forgetting to update following a gloat????????

29 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Pretty much a stroll in the park that one, even away to Burnley. City in complete control throughout and they look so relaxed these days. Certainly no drop off noted in the absence of KDB.

Yeah. I also got the feeling that Burnley where hesitant to give it a go in fear of getting ravaged. So they sat deep and we just stroked the ball around. Big game on sunday, so glad we just did the job and no injuries

18 hours ago, jellydog said:

Pretty much a stroll in the park that one, even away to Burnley. City in complete control throughout and they look so relaxed these days. Certainly no drop off noted in the absence of KDB.

Gundogan has stepped up to the point where you are  hardly missing him at the moment. 

Another easy victory against a tough side. A win at the weekend and your running away with it. 

17 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Gundogan has stepped up to the point where you are  hardly missing him at the moment. 

Another easy victory against a tough side. A win at the weekend and your running away with it. 

Yep, a huge game this weekend to maybe nail the coffin shut on Liverpool. You'd think given the current form of both clubs it would be a gimme, but we know it won't be. Despite Liverpool's problems they could certainly explode at any time. I wonder when Mane returns? A big loss with both he and Jota out of the lineup.

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Yep, a huge game this weekend to maybe nail the coffin shut on Liverpool. You'd think given the current form of both clubs it would be a gimme, but we know it won't be. Despite Liverpool's problems they could certainly explode at any time. I wonder when Mane returns? A big loss with both he and Jota out of the lineup.

At this moment in time you would think  City would be nailed on but even yesterday had Salah finished like he did against us then it would have been a different game. 

Mane makes a huge difference but it’s defensively where I think they may struggle against you. 

9 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

At this moment in time you would think  City would be nailed on but even yesterday had Salah finished like he did against us then it would have been a different game. 

Mane makes a huge difference but it’s defensively where I think they may struggle against you. 

Yeah, their defensive issues are a given, but they ain't scoring goals.

Archived