The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

24 minutes ago, jellydog said:

On and on we go. A nifty goal from Jesus.:)

And don't forget Walkers super strike pass strike pass strike whatever it was ????

Overall, very happy with that performance. Swansea are flying high in the Championship and we were in total command. We had so much still left in the locker and could have stepped it up at any time. Pep won't be happy we conceded that goal though and it won't help Laporte in try to wrestle his spot back

• Like 1

It was reported that City broke a top-flight record by chalking up our 15th consecutive win in all competitions, with a victory at Swansea, passing the achievement of 14 consecutive wins by Preston in 1891-92 and Arsenal in 1987.

However there's some confusion as some consider that City already hold that record, with 20 straight wins from August to December as they won the league and League Cup in 2017-18.

The confusion arises from the penalty shoot-out win over Wolves in the middle of that run – but City historian Gary James had it confirmed by both the football lawmaking body Ifab and the National Association of Football Statisticians, that a win on penalties counts as a match win, not a draw.

So we way, we either hold the record for consecutive wins in all competitions with 15 wins or 20 wins ????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Pep's 200th win as Man City boss in 268 games in charge with a 74.6 win percentage.

At Barcelona he had a win rate of 72.4%.

At Bayern Munich it was 75.1%.

The doubters of his ability when he first came, have slowly been neutralised and silenced. Resistance to his mastery was always futile ????

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It was reported that City broke a top-flight record by chalking up our 15th consecutive win in all competitions, with a victory at Swansea, passing the achievement of 14 consecutive wins by Preston in 1891-92 and Arsenal in 1987.

However there's some confusion as some consider that City already hold that record, with 20 straight wins from August to December as they won the league and League Cup in 2017-18.

The confusion arises from the penalty shoot-out win over Wolves in the middle of that run – but City historian Gary James had it confirmed by both the football lawmaking body Ifab and the National Association of Football Statisticians, that a win on penalties counts as a match win, not a draw.

So we way, we either hold the record for consecutive wins in all competitions with 15 wins or 20 wins ????

I can see City winning their next half dozen games. 

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It's the sheer number of games we have in the time period. We will stumble i'd imagine in some games but i'm enjoying the ride. ????

Absolutely. The bad start we had to the season and without Aguero, then KdB makes it even more enjoyable

13 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Still cruising!! I hope Gundo's cojones knock was minor. Is he on fire or what?!

And of course always nice to see Mourinho get his butt handed to him.

Stroll in the park. 

Spurs fans on social media are wanting his head. Can see why. He is dragging them down the gutter with his brand of football. 

Edited by Kadilo

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Stroll in the park. 

Spurs fans on social media are wanting his head. Can see why. He is dragging them down the gutter with his brand of football. 

Totally agree. And his interview afterwards was of a man in total denial of what was happening on the park

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Totally agree. And his interview afterwards was of a man in total denial of what was happening on the park

Yeah he is always watching a different game to everyone else. He will need one of either the League Cup  or Europa to survive I think, both of which look unlikely  at present. 

• Like 2

Similar to the Liverpool win, started slowly and nervy, but stepped it up 2nd half.

Gundog was given MOM for his goals but i thought Stones, Bernardo, Rodri and Zinchenko were great. Notably 4 of those players (i.e. not Bernardo) have never been considered a star player of the team and have often been the scapegoat, but have all come good in this run (only Mahrez isn't in top form in the current squad). Think i would have given MOM to Zinchenko for yet another solid game - he's become important to us.

Expected more from Spurs but it never came. Brighton and Villa were better recently against us.

• Like 1

Tough work for those three points but well earned. Looked like City struggled in the final third but the defense held up.

I can do without Stones and Dias gallivanting up the pitch. Cut that out!

And while I'm complaining, why bring on Jesus when you need more final third trickery? As usual it could/should have been Foden.

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Tough work for those three points but well earned. Looked like City struggled in the final third but the defense held up.

And while I'm complaining, why bring on Jesus when you need more final third trickery? As usual it could/should have been Foden.

I would have brought on Jesus and Foden for Gundog and Bernardo who were leggy last 15 minutes.

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

1)Yep

2) Mmm. I don't know. Stones and DIas running up gives the opposition a total headache as to how to defend

3) Foden is being saved for Borrussia MG