The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

After weeks of speculation that Pep is joining Bayern (i didn't believe it), it's great to see Pep confirming he is staying. I still reckon he'll leave at the end of his contract summer of 2021, but reading his comments he may be open to an extension (like all of us in life though, things change)

"If people believe I am going to resign or be sacked for these results and (being) nine points behind, the people doesn’t know me, they don’t know me.

“I love the challenge. I like to be in this position. And if the club wants [me] next season, I want to be here, 100 per cent. I want to live in this city because I know lovely people here and I want to work and live with them and I want to be here.

“If they decide that because results are getting worse and worse and worse, they are going to take a decision. that’s normal. It’s not because I am friends with Txiki (Begiristain, City’s sporting director) that I am going to stay for the rest of my life. I am sitting here because I win. If I don’t win, I’m in trouble. I know that, but I’m incredibly satisfied to work in this city and this club and I want to help this club to get better. I still enjoy working with these players a lot and I would like to stay longer. I would like to stay longer. If the club wants, I will stay.”

In the press room afterwards, there was some discussion among journalists over what exactly Guardiola meant by saying, ‘I would like to stay longer’. Did he mean simply into next season, or beyond the expiry date on his current contract? By repeating the sentence, and placing an emphasis on it, it certainly seems to be the latter. Barring catastrophic results, City would love that, and if an extension can be agreed next summer, they will be happy to do it...

“The moment I will leave is when I feel my team don’t follow [me] to play at Anfield in the way we played. At that moment, I’d say, ‘Wow, I miss my team’ and after, I would call my boss and say, ‘Guys, maybe you have to sit and think about it’. But I don’t have that feeling. Maybe you speak to the players and they say completely the opposite, but I don’t have that feeling. If it’s not enough, next season will be better.”

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm not enjoying this at all. Yes we are 2-1 up at HT but both us and Chelsea have missed a couple of chances.

I'll be very happy if we come out of this unscathed.

All credit to Frank. He has totally turned Chelsea around. Playing some lovely football

At hospital awaiting an MRI on my balky back. Bad timing!!

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just watching Pep's reaction to Aguero explaining his injury and it doesn't look good. Either groin or very top of the thigh. ????

Christmas at home in Argentina ...  again. The weather is lovely at this time of year as I'm sure our Argentinian correspondent can confirm.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Love to know what our VAR record is because it feels it mainly goes against us...i could be wrong.

Its all for LiVARpool this year .

Thay will get handed the title .

Decisions like that will help LiVARpool showing that its not all fixed .

2-1 , 3-1, whats the difference , apart from showing that LiVARpool havent got all the point decisions going for them this season ?

33 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its all for LiVARpool this year .

Thay will get handed the title .

Decisions like that will help LiVARpool showing that its not all fixed .

2-1 , 3-1, whats the difference , apart from showing that LiVARpool havent got all the point decisions going for them this season ?

This is apparently what the league table looked like without VAR decisions before the weekend.

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 7.56.46 am.png

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Could you also state all those LiVARpool decisions ?

Seems like LiVARpool get lucky every week 

Yeah a bit like last season when we finished with 96 points. we got all the luck then too.

Don't be salty about being 11 points behind after less than a third of the season, this is one of the greatest teams ever assembled on 17M net a season. 

17 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah a bit like last season when we finished with 96 points. we got all the luck then too.

Don't be salty about being 11 points behind after less than a third of the season, this is one of the greatest teams ever assembled on 17M net a season. 

Liverpool, seem to have got all the important decisions going thir way since the start of the season , every game .

As Wrighty said "Just give them the title " and get on with it 

38 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I am sure that you spent 161 Million on players two seasons ago and just got 33 M in return on players sold

44 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Liverpool, seem to have got all the important decisions going thir way since the start of the season , every game .

As Wrighty said "Just give them the title " and get on with it 

We also had some unfathomable ones go against us, like everyone else in this new era, but fortunately it didn't cost us the result.  

If you actually believe that Liverpool are being favoured by the EPL in decisions to help them win the title you need to lay off the juice. We have mancs reffing us near on every week.

To be honest the whole World could shout about it, I wouldn't care one iota if we won it as it would be the most legitimate and impressive efforts by a manager in the modern era.

There is such a long way to go and we've drop 10 points in a flash before.  

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Could you also state all those LiVARpool decisions ?

Seems like LiVARpool get lucky every week 

Blimey Max has pulled a funny. There’s one for the scrapbook. 

..........ok, we’ve seen it you can calm down now. 

14 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

We also had some unfathomable ones go against us, like everyone else in this new era, but fortunately it didn't cost us the result.  

If you actually believe that Liverpool are being favoured by the EPL in decisions to help them win the title you need to lay off the juice. We have mancs reffing us near on every week.

To be honest the whole World could shout about it, I wouldn't care one iota if we won it as it would be the most legitimate and impressive efforts by a manager in the modern era.

There is such a long way to go and we've drop 10 points in a flash before.  

I'm sorry but VAR or no VAR... nobody wins the league by fluke. Whoever wins the league deserves it.

Looked a weary and a bit jaded crew out there tonight. Sterling in particular, and he's not looked his live wire self of late.

This squad needs a pick-me-up. I'm hoping the return of Laporte and Sane next year will help.

Read in to this what you will:

"UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin is the surprise guest of honour at Manchester City’s Champions League game against Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday.

The Slovenian, who has run European football since 2016, was given a tour of the City Football Academy before the game and will sit alongside City’s chief executive Khaldoon Al Mubarak during the match.

Ceferin’s first visit to the Etihad Stadium will be viewed as a sign that peace is breaking out between governing body and club, who have been at loggerheads for years. "

Archived