The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Dont know if the The Athletic's scoop is correct or not. 

Posted 6hrs ago

"Exclusive: Manchester City set to avoid Champions League ban

Manchester City will not be banned from European competition when the decision on the club’s highly contentious Financial Fair Play case is announced next month.

Many in the game have been expecting City to be barred from Europe next season after a series of revelations about their finances were published by German magazine Der Spiegel last year but The Athletic understands the club will only receive a fine..."

No doubt will <deleted> a few off. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't be like that Rick. That was only a rumour and not confirmed. I am still hoping we will be found to be totally innocent an Der Spigel were full of it

A fine would be ridiculous. How does that act as any kind of deterrent to clubs with loads of money fiddling the books.

On 11/13/2019 at 12:45 AM, RickG16 said:

Knowing Aguero he will be absolutely firing for the next few games. Can't remember him having a bad game and then not responding. If he doesn't, it might be a sign that he's peaked. 

Isn't he normally suspended or injured at Christmas and New Year? He arranges his own personal mid season break.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Stop spreading fake news against a City club legend

There's no denying he's made it through a few northern winters. As long as he's got his gloves and can eat a nice steak once in a while he's OK. The climate in Argentina isn't exactly tropical... probably one reason why I think the Argies have done better than Brazilians in England in general. 

13 hours ago, RickG16 said:

There's no denying he's made it through a few northern winters. As long as he's got his gloves and can eat a nice steak once in a while he's OK. The climate in Argentina isn't exactly tropical... probably one reason why I think the Argies have done better than Brazilians in England in general. 

2 of the best players in the EPL are Brazilian, and one is the best DM in Europe right now

44 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

2 of the best players in the EPL are Brazilian, and one is the best DM in Europe right now

Agree BB.  Sadly not appreciated by their own as both made their name in Europe and not with their home clubs. They're getting there though????

As for Rick's point, his judgement may be clouded by his own experience with such luminaries as Fred, Kleberson, Rodrigo and the Da Silva twins being examples????.

And as we're on this thread, to be fair, City have a few Brazilian successes as well.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Fabhino  ...  and Alysson  ... and Firminho. That's 3 by my reckoning.

Try the BBC Football section quiz about Argie and Brazilian Premier League goalscorers. How many can you name?

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I was talking in general over the last 40 years.... Ardiles, Villa, Tevez, Aguero, Zabaleta, Crespo... even people like D'Allesandro for Portsmouth were amazing for a little bit.

Fabinho and Alison are great, but they don't really spring to mind when you think about Brazilian style of football. 

37 minutes ago, wilai said:

So has Anderson.....doesn't make him any good.????

So you don't think Anderson was any good? ???? Anderson was a great player, and made a great contribution, just started to struggle with injuries and his fitness.

It's funny how we go by the reputation attached to players instead of actually remembering what the did in games. 

39 minutes ago, wilai said:

So has Anderson.....doesn't make him any good.????

And Rafael was also an excellent attacking full back. If his surname was Robertson you'd be having a circle wank over him.

Typical scouse... think you've made it and can start talking down about players who won three Premier Leagues. Just because they weren't stars doesn't mean they didn't contribute a lot.

Just now, wilai said:

Anderson certainly contributed.....to McDonalds profits????

Yup any footballer who experienced weight problems can't be a good player... that Brazilian Ronaldo was terrible wasn't he.... so was that Rooney fella. 

Just now, wilai said:

I doubt Rooney and Ronaldo would be happy being compared to Anderson.

Mate no disrespect.. but I actually watched a lot of those 3 back to back title seasons. 

Ando and Wazza were very similar in build and athleticism. When those two and Tevez were playing together it was like having 3 high speed tanks who were all also tremendous footballers. 

Just now, Kadilo said:

I never thought I would see Rooney and High Speed tank in the same sentence........well unless it was rhyming slang. 

So around 2007-2009 you don't think Rooney had any pace.

It's the weekend folks.. plenty of time to rewrite history....

MrBj if you have 30mins watch 2 City fans who are accountants (Colin Savage is always good value - wicked humour on twatter also) discuss City's just released financial accountants. They forecast our revenue will pass the red scum's if they don't get CL this season. They reckon City are valued at around £2.3Bn (Sheikh Mansour 'god bless him' invested around £1.2Bn so he is laughing) and red scum at around £2.7m. All very interesting and pleasing (recording quality isn't the greatest).

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

MrBj if you have 30mins watch 2 City fans who are accountants (Colin Savage is always good value - wicked humour on twatter also) discuss City's just released financial accountants. They forecast our revenue will pass the red scum's if they don't get CL this season. They reckon City are valued at around £2.3Bn (Sheikh Mansour 'god bless him' invested around £1.2Bn so he is laughing) and red scum at around £2.7m. All very interesting and pleasing (recording quality isn't the greatest).

Forget all that.... why is this prat wearing sunglasses indoors?

Archived