The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

0-0. 
City borrowing the United bus for the day. 

If Rodri IS fit (he's back in training), I'd 'park the bus' of sorts by partnering him with Fernandinho, but i reckon it's too soon for him and Pep will play his favourite Gundogan there up against Fabinho...umm.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If Rodri IS fit (he's back in training), I'd 'park the bus' of sorts by partnering him with Fernandinho, but i reckon it's too soon for him and Pep will play his favourite Gundogan there up against Fabinho...umm.

I was being a bit facetious tbh. I can’t really see it being goalless but you could almost imagine any scenario. 

As a neutral I would like to see City win, purely to close the gap and keep the suspense going.

That said, unlike last season I think the likes of Leicester and Chelsea are capable of nicking points so hopefully it will go to the wire again. 

You are both great sides to watch. 

8 minutes ago, wilai said:

Both Rodri and Silva could be involved today (according to City correspondents on #Twatter). Not quite as threadbare as it seemed!

I'll be a lot happier if they do start. Could do with Ederson having a miraculous recovery and that would make my day. Otherwise you'll get a goal for every shot on target

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'll be a lot happier if they do start. Could do with Ederson having a miraculous recovery and that would make my day. Otherwise you'll get a goal for every shot on target

Your beIN boys are reporting he will play....no other sources as yet.

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yep. 2 on target and 2 goals

Tell me why VAR didn't give that penalty at 0-0

Hard to know the logic of VAR anymore. The ref waved the possibility of handball off immediately. Would that play a part? And they aren't going to go back after Fabianho's goal, though I have seen that happen in Italy with their crazy use of VAR.

7 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Hard to know the logic of VAR anymore. The ref waved the possibility of handball off immediately. Would that play a part? And they aren't going to go back after Fabianho's goal, though I have seen that happen in Italy with their crazy use of VAR.

It's the PL who aren't using it right. That was a perfect example of a time the ref should have had a look at the pitch side monitor

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Silva handled it first

That's not what the VAR spokesman has said. He said that his arm wasn't in a unnatural position. All the studio are evn saying it was a definate pen.

That aside. You scored 2 lovely goals and Bravo has accidentally saved 2 shots. Apart from that I am amazed we have been better I reckon

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's the PL who aren't using it right. That was a perfect example of a time the ref should have had a look at the pitch side monitor

Apparently there is a new directive coming out next week to encourage the refs to look at the monitor. 

At  the end of the day it’s his decision to make. 

Just now, mrbojangles said:

That's not what the VAR spokesman has said. He said that his arm wasn't in a unnatural position. All the studio are evn saying it was a definate pen.

That aside. You scored 2 lovely goals and Bravo has accidentally saved 2 shots. Apart from that I am amazed we have been better I reckon

depends which channel you're on....Mark Schwarzer agrees handball against Silva

Just now, Kadilo said:

Apparently there is a new directive coming out next week to encourage the refs to look at the monitor. 

At  the end of the day it’s his decision to make. 

And that will be a week too late for this match.

Typical. Europe have been trialing it and with some success but we have decided to go our own way

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

It was outside the box so would not have got reviewed. 

The only review would be TTA handball which they have decided not to overrule. 

That's the reason given on the radio. 

Looked inside the box to me. Although PL don't appear to have used it as the reason, Just seen Kompany say a free kick should have been given for Silva's handball. I agree but you have to play to the whistle.

Archived