The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

If I were you now I would be mulling over who to buy in January. Anything you can do to close the gap. But you're not bothered. 

Aren’t you the guy that accused me of being obsessed with United?

Get a <deleted> grip. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Get a <deleted> grip. 

The manager and the players conduct themselves in the manner of champions. The fans do not act like the fans of champions. Way too content. 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

If I were you now I would be mulling over who to buy in January. Anything you can do to close the gap. But you're not bothered. 

You seem to be reading something in my posts which isn't there - I'm "not bothered", get a grip Rick.

Funny enough i was having the january transfer window chat with my eldest 2 hours ago. Generally you can't bring much quality in in January but we did bring in Laporte then. Could be we try and bring in a CB, maybe an Ake or the lad in Portugal  we've been tracking or an experienced stopgap (id have gone for Cahill in the summer, a while back we were considering jonny evans). I think with Laporte and Sane out we will do some business. Sale of Sane for that Spanish lad could be on.

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

The manager and the players conduct themselves in the manner of champions. The fans do not act like the fans of champions. Way too content. 

That wasn’t my question was it? 

What makes it ok for you to come in here and do what you accuse others of?

<deleted> hypocrite. 

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Get a <deleted> grip. 

I have a massive vested in the title race. And even if I didn't, it's the title race.

Saddos like you are analysing our performances when we are in mid table.

I used to think you were one of the most sensible posters on here Kadilo. But then the mask slipped and the anti United sentiment came gushing out of you. 

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

See above.

You wanna see a saddo, have a look in the mirror. <deleted>  hypocrite. 

Why would you have a vested interest in the title race. 

To use your precious analogy, they are not your competitors. 

31 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You wanna see a saddo, have a look in the mirror. <deleted>  hypocrite. 

Why would you have a vested interest in the title race. 

To use your precious analogy, they are not your competitors. 

Why am I a hypocrite?

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So are you handing over the title too, or you think you've still got a chance?

I answered you yesterday on the same question as below:-

On 11/11/2019 at 3:53 PM, mrbojangles said:

Nobody is handing nothing to anybody. If Liverpool want this title they will have to fight till the end for it. Pep wouldn't settle for anything less 

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

I answered you yesterday on the same question as below:-

Knowing Aguero he will be absolutely firing for the next few games. Can't remember him having a bad game and then not responding. If he doesn't, it might be a sign that he's peaked. 

6 hours ago, RickG16 said:

So are you handing over the title too, or you think you've still got a chance?

Have you lost the plot or what?

No one has conceded the title. City Chelsea Leicester etc still have a chance but you'd have to be a complete numpty if you don't agree that 8 points ahead and having lost 1 in the last 50 PL that Liverpool at this moment have one hand on the trophy. 

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Lord give us strength!

Well we might need the Lord's help soon. It's Chelsky at home next up. And on the same day (but earlier) Liverpool have a doddle at Palace. Eleven points behind before Xmas. Must shoot myself.

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Have you lost the plot or what?

No one has conceded the title. City Chelsea Leicester etc still have a chance but you'd have to be a complete numpty if you don't agree that 8 points ahead and having lost 1 in the last 50 PL that Liverpool at this moment have one hand on the trophy. 

lost 1 in 51 PL to be precise...

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You seem to be reading something in my posts which isn't there - I'm "not bothered", get a grip Rick.

Funny enough i was having the january transfer window chat with my eldest 2 hours ago. Generally you can't bring much quality in in January but we did bring in Laporte then. Could be we try and bring in a CB, maybe an Ake or the lad in Portugal  we've been tracking or an experienced stopgap (id have gone for Cahill in the summer, a while back we were considering jonny evans). I think with Laporte and Sane out we will do some business. Sale of Sane for that Spanish lad could be on.

Centreback = Benfica's Ruben Dias

Sane replacement (if we sell) = Real Sociedad's Mikel Oyarzabal 

On 11/12/2019 at 10:13 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

There's now the start of 'Pep is losing it', 'Pep is leaving' type <deleted>. Barney Ronay's article below tries to make this case stick. 

Pep's obviously leaving in the coming years - so's Klopp - but nothing I've seen to date makes me worry he's about to spit the dummy and leave.

Today's "news" is Pep is joining Bayern Munich cause his wife doesn't like Manchester, and Arteta is taking the managers job at Arsenal. Good to see Jackanory lives on.

Dont know if the The Athletic's scoop is correct or not. 

Posted 6hrs ago

"Exclusive: Manchester City set to avoid Champions League ban

Manchester City will not be banned from European competition when the decision on the club’s highly contentious Financial Fair Play case is announced next month.

Many in the game have been expecting City to be barred from Europe next season after a series of revelations about their finances were published by German magazine Der Spiegel last year but The Athletic understands the club will only receive a fine..."

Archived