The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 7/5/2020 at 2:47 PM, evadgib said:

I had hoped to enjoy highlights on MOTD this morning but as soon as I saw that they had once again gone for the synchronized kneeling and were wearing BLM patches on their shirts I gave it a miss :blink:

Guess you wont be watching any games then????

On 7/5/2020 at 3:47 PM, evadgib said:

I had hoped to enjoy highlights on MOTD this morning but as soon as I saw that they had once again gone for the synchronized kneeling and were wearing BLM patches on their shirts I gave it a miss :blink:

If they felt moved to that, why would you let it stop your enjoyment of football?

18 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Matic has been rewarded for recent form with a contract extension until 2023.

If he can retain his current form that's a bonus for both parties.

Has played 27 games in this extended season

Hope he can be effective for as long as Carrick.

I wonder whether they have a replacement in mind, or whether they expect McTominay to learn that role. 

Just now, evadgib said:

Fortunately I have the character to adhere to such principle even if I don't actually like it! ????

Unless you are starting some kind of campaign, what will your stand achieve? Apart from that you miss the football.

13 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Hope he can be effective for as long as Carrick.

I wonder whether they have a replacement in mind, or whether they expect McTominay to learn that role. 

Dont be surprised to see McTominay start playing CB

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 7:17 AM, ChipButty said:

Dont be surprised to see McTominay start playing CB

That would not surprise me at all.The return leg in the Europa league, leading 5-0 ,might be just that opportunity. 6 ft 4" tall ,hard as nails could be someone who relishes that defending role.

Been with club since he was 5 and in his teenage years played as a centre forward so anything is possible.

I don't see him as a Carrick type players he was almost a one off but also don't want to see him constantly on the bench. Jones and Lingard will be available at bargain basement prices as will maybe Peirara.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparkles said:

That would not surprise me at all.The return leg in the Europa league, leading 5-0 ,might be just that opportunity. 6 ft 4" tall ,hard as nails could be someone who relishes that defending role.

Been with club since he was 5 and in his teenage years played as a centre forward so anything is possible.

I don't see him as a Carrick type players he was almost a one off but also don't want to see him constantly on the bench. Jones and Lingard will be available at bargain basement prices as will maybe Peirara.

Today news West Ham interested buying both of them, Ill drive them there

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

13 penalties awarded this season. A new record in Prem League history

Ridiculous penalty. Moss is old and lazy. Fernandez is a nice player but if barely touched he goes down as though hit with a machete.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Suppose we can let Man U have one record this season.????

You can add another record to the list now, First team in the PL history to score 3 goals or more in 4 games running

• Like 1

It was never a penalty. I've lost count of how many penalties,not just for United, that have been awarded this season that never were.VAR and simple poor refereeing have made every game a lottery.

Thankfully in this game I think most people would agree United would still have won, its the game where there is only a one goal difference that is so critical to getting relegated or surviving. I would suggest OGS will be having a quiet word with Fernandes, He simply doesn't need to do it maybe it an was acceptable habit in his former league

To the game I can't remember the last time United fielded the same 11 for 4 games ,an insight into OGS's thinking. 

Greenwood MOM in most pundits view.Once again the power and fluency he generates just aint normal for an 18 yr old.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

It was never a penalty. I've lost count of how many penalties,not just for United, that have been awarded this season that never were.VAR and simple poor refereeing have made every game a lottery.

Thankfully in this game I think most people would agree United would still have won, its the game where there is only a one goal difference that is so critical to getting relegated or surviving. I would suggest OGS will be having a quiet word with Fernandes, He simply doesn't need to do it maybe it an was acceptable habit in his former league

To the game I can't remember the last time United fielded the same 11 for 4 games ,an insight into OGS's thinking. 

Greenwood MOM in most pundits view.Once again the power and fluency he generates just aint normal for an 18 yr old.  

Anthony Martial MOM for me watch the game again

27 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The youngest trio to score more than 50 goals in a season in European history. Average age of 21.

Big deal......Robbie Fowler scored 50 on his own before he was 21 as did Michael Owen. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, wilai said:

Big deal......Robbie Fowler scored 50 on his own before he was 21 as did Michael Owen. ????

Not in one season, The most Micheal Owen scored as a teenager in one season was 18

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Not in one season, The most Micheal Owen scored as a teenager in one season was 18

I didn't mention one season mate. Just that 50 between three is no big deal compared to other prolific scorers of the same age. Of your three, only Greenwood is likely to be match for the likes of Fowler and Owen. 

21 hours ago, Sparkles said:

It was never a penalty. I've lost count of how many penalties, not just for United, that have been awarded this season that never were. VAR and simple poor refereeing have made every game a lottery.

I cannot agree with you Sparkles. The decisions of VAR, or lack of them, are loaded in favour of the bigger clubs. The 'smaller' clubs simply do not get a fair go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilai said:

I didn't mention one season mate. Just that 50 between three is no big deal compared to other prolific scorers of the same age. Of your three, only Greenwood is likely to be match for the likes of Fowler and Owen. 

Rashford's already won 3 trophies and made an impact for England. Had Fowler done that by his age?

19 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Rashford's already won 3 trophies and made an impact for England. Had Fowler done that by his age?

The discussion is about goal-scoring mate not trophies won or England caps. Rashford can't compare to Fowler as a finisher....although I think Greenwood may well do.

22 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Fowler's claim to fame was crawling on his hands and knees imitating charlie snorting. Much loved in Liverpool but not anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

The discussion is about goal-scoring mate not trophies won or England caps. Rashford can't compare to Fowler as a finisher....although I think Greenwood may well do.

Fair enough. As long as we are agreed Rashford is the better footballer.