The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Jesse Lingard added a second in the eighth minute of stoppage time.

Is this bad luck or what? some guy had a tenner on JL not to score in the PL this season could have won something like 700 pounds 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Turn up for the books eh. Getting another penalty. Who'd a thunk it

How was the penalty today debatable? Martial had two CB's hacking him down simultaneously. 

So if Evans had taken the ball and tackled it back to the keeper and then taken Martial i millisecond later - he could get away with it. This wasn't the case here, and add to that Morgan clearly tackles Martial without being close to the ball so

16 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I think I would prefer LS to play in this game this is a 70 million pound game

Don't understand why you and Rick are so down on Brandon Williams.Luke S was never go to play, he hasn't even trained since he got the ankle injury only done upper body gym work. He won't play again until the new season at best.

Williams is only 19 ,he has slotted in ,being 2 footed ,at right and left back and last night averaged a 6 (team player rating averages) with most pundits and I thought carried out his instructions to defend and not go too far forward to the letter. 

Leicester targeted his flank thinking that was preferable to going against Wan Bissaka but got little joy.  Was the biggest game of Williams short career and most importantly didn't let the team down. 

United currently have the youngest side in the League the young players are only going to get better

13 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

How was the penalty today debatable? Martial had two CB's hacking him down simultaneously. 

So if Evans had taken the ball and tackled it back to the keeper and then taken Martial i millisecond later - he could get away with it. This wasn't the case here, and add to that Morgan clearly tackles Martial without being close to the ball so

When I saw Morgan's name on the starting line up I knew that Martial if he got he chance would leave him in his wake and Jonny Evans isn't getting any quicker.Morgan is way past it but they had no back up due to injuries.You wont find a referee in the country or any fair minded person to say it wasn't a penalty. Ignore the snarky comments they well know their wrong,pretty pathetic actually.

42 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Not Bad For A PE Teacher! | Ronaldo & Casey Fancam | Leicester 0-2 Manchester United

Good find an intelligent summation for once.

United have a dilemma now they have made the CL which may sound strange.Do they prioritise the Europa knowing if they do get to the semi or final its only a couple of weeks turnaround and and they are into another season ?The likes of Fernandes ,Rashford and even Greenwood looked absolutely knackered last night.They need to go and stay right way from football for a few weeks .Hauling in that 14 point deficit to the Foxes was also mentally draining.

Maguire played every game .Its been 25 years sine Gary Pallister did that, he looked ok last night but its playing with fire if he doesn't get a long rest.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Wow. You guys are very touchy about the penalties and the associated record. Last nights was nailed on BTW. 

Thank you.

You have redeemed yourself and are to be commended.

????

Gutted for Leicester and The Cherries.

Man Utd have won enough down the years. Must be the luckiest team ever to take the field. And Villa might have got back first time, but I fear for Bournemouth.

18 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Good find an intelligent summation for once.

United have a dilemma now they have made the CL which may sound strange.Do they prioritise the Europa knowing if they do get to the semi or final its only a couple of weeks turnaround and and they are into another season ?The likes of Fernandes ,Rashford and even Greenwood looked absolutely knackered last night.They need to go and stay right way from football for a few weeks .Hauling in that 14 point deficit to the Foxes was also mentally draining.

Maguire played every game .Its been 25 years sine Gary Pallister did that, he looked ok last night but its playing with fire if he doesn't get a long rest.

Now the pressure is off regarding CL so the next EL game we are already 5 nill up if we make to the final it has been said United will use it as a kind of pre season games

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

What a record for Jesse Lingard, the last goal & the last kick of the premier league season is his first goal of the season

Watched an interview with Lingard the other night.He's not the most articulate in explaining where his life has been but his mother is apparently ill, he is looking after 2 siblings, has fathered a child with his girlfriend and his life is pretty complicated albeit mostly self inflicted.

He thanked OGS for his understanding but was also reminded of his responsibility to perform for the club when he picks up the pay cheque.

He has scored some great and important goals for the club in big matches but so long ago and was the other night rewarded for at least closing down their keeper. If he can sort himself out could still be of use but only off the bench at this stage

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

What a record for Jesse Lingard, the last goal & the last kick of the premier league season is his first goal of the season

Read somewhere that someone in the UK had a tenner on at 66/1 that Lingard would go the whole season without scoring a goal or making an assist. I wonder if he saw the goal or was already on his way to the bookies to collect his winnings.

9 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Watched an interview with Lingard the other night.He's not the most articulate in explaining where his life has been but his mother is apparently ill, he is looking after 2 siblings, has fathered a child with his girlfriend and his life is pretty complicated albeit mostly self inflicted.

He thanked OGS for his understanding but was also reminded of his responsibility to perform for the club when he picks up the pay cheque.

He has scored some great and important goals for the club in big matches but so long ago and was the other night rewarded for at least closing down their keeper. If he can sort himself out could still be of use but only off the bench at this stage

For 200k a week I could walk on water

1 minute ago, champers said:

Read somewhere that someone in the UK had a tenner on at 66/1 that Lingard would go the whole season without scoring a goal or making an assist. I wonder if he saw the goal or was already on his way to the bookies to collect his winnings.

I saw it on the Daily Mail site

FBI investigates Mason Greenwood, Manchester United's newest star | Oh My Goal

Manchester United's days of wreaking havoc seemed to be over, that is until Mason Greenwood made it to Old Trafford! Now, the Red Devils are threatening to disrupt the peace in England and it's up to Oh My Goal's FBI to investigate the true potential of young Greenwood.

Saw Craig Burley on Fox yesterday and he was scathing about OGS. United got 66 points this season, same as last season, and finished 33 points behind Liverpool, 15 behind City despite doing the double over them. They qualified for Champs Lge on the final day by beating a severely weakened team. He was all for potting OSG. Harsh but the facts don't lie.

20 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Can we talk about how Johnny Evans purposely gave away a Peno and then continued to get himself sent off for us? True united legend right there

Put it down to frustration.I didn't mind him as a player and would definately rate him above Rojo. His mind would have been saying, we (Foxes) had a place in the top four and let it slip and then my old club grabs it. Didn't wait for the red card just walked. I guarantee he went to Scott after and apologised, he's usually not that sort of player,potential leg breaker.

9 minutes ago, champers said:

Saw Craig Burley on Fox yesterday and he was scathing about OGS. United got 66 points this season, same as last season, and finished 33 points behind Liverpool, 15 behind City despite doing the double over them. They qualified for Champs Lge on the final day by beating a severely weakened team. He was all for potting OSG. Harsh but the facts don't lie.

Just one pundits view cue ......."yawn". Youngest team in the competition who with a couple of experienced players coming in will be even better. You can't build a title winning team from mediocrity in 12 months takes a while,ask Jurgen.

So what exactly has OGS done wrong ? and what does it say about Spurs and Arsenal performances ?  Facts are MU hauled in 14 points to catch the Foxes and are in the CL which is what most supporters wanted.

On 7/27/2020 at 4:31 PM, owl sees all said:

Gutted for Leicester and The Cherries.

Man Utd have won enough down the years. Must be the luckiest team ever to take the field. And Villa might have got back first time, but I fear for Bournemouth.

You tend to make your own luck. 

32 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Put it down to frustration.I didn't mind him as a player and would definately rate him above Rojo. His mind would have been saying, we (Foxes) had a place in the top four and let it slip and then my old club grabs it. Didn't wait for the red card just walked. I guarantee he went to Scott after and apologised, he's usually not that sort of player,potential leg breaker.

I watched him the other day on MUTV as he was driving to the training ground decent guy United should never have sold him a few ex players say the same thing Joony's wife Helen works for MUTV,

I also watched a podcast with Ben Thornley and they talked about how the Blackburn Rovers player ended his career and he says he never received an apology from the player or Blackburn Rovers  

8 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Dont worry we have VAR now 

VAR! What a load of rubbish. The technology wouldn't work for the Blades, and there should be an ex-footballer involved in the VAR decision making.

Misses the player's little sneakies. but is good at looking at toes.

I'm not suggesting Ashley Young when he retires BTW.

13 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

VAR! What a load of rubbish. The technology wouldn't work for the Blades, and there should be an ex-footballer involved in the VAR decision making.

Misses the player's little sneakies. but is good at looking at toes.

I'm not suggesting Ashley Young when he retires BTW.

Works for MU most of the time so everybody else says

Archived