The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

19 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

ManU were a record 32 points behind City...almost 11 wins. 

Think i also read that ManU were only 32 points above relegated Cardiff ( i haven't checked if that's correct or not).

The signs are that ManU is continuing to decline season-on-season after Rednose retirement 6 or 7 seasons ago.

Realistically can only see another few seasons of ManU trying to keep up with the big boys. 

Yes, building a team takes time and the manager has to be strong enough to clear out ANY "troublemakers" very early on in the piece otherwise the contamination spreads and authority is undermined.

I saw a video clip of Juergen Klopp when he was talking about his team and how he expected 100% from everyone and that is what he had drilled into them and they gave it without question, and he also drilled into them that their places were never secure and that they could easily be replaced with enough players coming through who desperately wanted their positions...........or words to that effect.

I suspect that both he and Guardiola had similar outlooks and it shows in exactly where they are in the league and in the performances they have put in this year, some of which have been absolutely outstanding.

Sadly I really don't see OGS in the same mould as those guys, so the building of a new United will take time and IMO they will need a new manager as well.

Edited by xylophone

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not really, but keep on believing it while we keep on laughing at the demise.

The only lack of relevance is you should be down there with your Manc pals BB....watching from the sidelines like the two bob club you are. ????

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The only lack of relevance is you should be down there with your Manc pals BB....watching from the sidelines like the two bob club you are. ????

Ronnie they have just won the league and guess what no one gives a toss and they call themselves a big club ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nev said:

Ronnie they have just won the league and guess what no one gives a toss and they call themselves a big club ????

You're havin a Giraffe nev. You and MrRed were almost suicidal when I watched City V United with you and we won. You're pint pots were filling up with your tears faster than you could drink. That was just us winning a derby game, so don't try to act like you ain't bothered about us winning the Prem......again ????

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You're havin a Giraffe nev. You and MrRed were almost suicidal when I watched City V United with you and we won. You're pint pots were filling up with your tears faster than you could drink. That was just us winning a derby game, so don't try to act like you ain't bothered about us winning the Prem......again ????

That's not the point the point is that hours after you won the league the headline story over the media was Pogba getting abused by United fans and not about city, Face it United are a huge monster that the media lives off.

We are way off you lot on the footballing side though, I thought we both took it well mate,By the way We was crying as we had planned to take you to the sexy girls dancing around the pool at a certain resort we used to go too but we was embarrassed to take you when you turned up in your lucky City top ????

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nev said:

That's not the point the point is that hours after you won the league the headline story over the media was Pogba getting abused by United fans and not about city, 

???? Your'e deluded mate. The Sports headlines don't just cover one story. Pogba got some coverage but so did Liverpool and the rest of the Prem teams. Sorry to disappoint but the biggest story being covered on the main pages of the sports was about the title run-in between City and Liverpool. You've probably got your settings to show only United stories. Bladdy luddite ????

2 hours ago, nev said:

Must have missed all the news articles of fans, or is it the club,  you reckon have been saying we're a big club. We leave that kind of stuff to ManU and Liverpool to go on about..."all our yesterday's".

Edited by Bredbury Blue

52 minutes ago, nev said:

That's not the point the point is that hours after you won the league the headline story over the media was Pogba getting abused by United fans and not about city, 

Was that just one media story or did ALL the media focus on that one story ?

What was the ratio of news reports about City winning the league and Pogba getting abuse by Man U fans ?

Were the news reports 100 % about Pogba and nothing about Man City or was there just one report and Pogba and the other 99 % about City ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So I'm guessing all you reds  on here are happy City beat liverpool to be Premier Champions. Certainly that's what i heard from EVERY red i met during my recent football trip to Manchester.

Catch 22 innit. The only red I know of who wanted Liverpool to win was a cockney United fan

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What happened to Chipbuttyface, Rickyboy, Spiderman and t'others who were rampant a few weeks back. It's all gone very quiet.

That's surprising isn't it... Considering our season is over! 

Once the transfer window gets going I'm sure they'll be something to talk about.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"One of the many city fans right now". Err, thats a Pellegrini era shirt for some years back.

Have another go Nev.

Look in his leg lad and you might realize what I am on about.

26 minutes ago, nev said:

Look in his leg lad and you might realize what I am on about.

saw the leg tattoo AND THE PELLEGRINI shirt...old stuff from yonks ago being dragged up as though its current.

In a similar way, see there was a guy at old Trafford recently in a ManU shirt with Aguero on his back. Turned out it was his surname.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

That's surprising isn't it... Considering our season is over! 

Once the transfer window gets going I'm sure they'll be something to talk about.

There's nothing to talk about with regards ManU are you saying? The column inches in the media disagrees with you.

Wolves fans will be cheering on City against Watford tomorrow in the FA Cup final and i suspect for a 2nd weekend in a row you ManU fans will be looking for a City win won't you.

If City win at Wembley, having already qualified for the Champions League, then Wolves - as the team who finished seventh in the Premier League - will qualify for Europe for the first time since 1980. They would go into the second qualifying round of the Europa League.

That would see United, who finished sixth in the Premier League, qualify for the Europa League group stages.

On 5/17/2019 at 1:03 PM, sanemax said:

Was that just one media story or did ALL the media focus on that one story ?

What was the ratio of news reports about City winning the league and Pogba getting abuse by Man U fans ?

Were the news reports 100 % about Pogba and nothing about Man City or was there just one report and Pogba and the other 99 % about City ?

Lad even pep picked up on it and he is not delusional like city fans and knows the real score.

Screenshot_2019-05-18-14-53-03-619_com.android.chrome.png

21 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

What benefit is there in your chairman Woodward issuing statements saying the board have lots of funds for Ole at the wheel?

Does he like paying over the odds for dross then??

Ole has come out and stated we will not be buying big stars looking for their last big paycheck, He will put faith in youth and add a few top notch players.

It's not so much who we bring in but who we sell in my eyes.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Wolves fans will be cheering on City against Watford tomorrow in the FA Cup final and i suspect for a 2nd weekend in a row you ManU fans will be looking for a City win won't you.

If City win at Wembley, having already qualified for the Champions League, then Wolves - as the team who finished seventh in the Premier League - will qualify for Europe for the first time since 1980. They would go into the second qualifying round of the Europa League.

That would see United, who finished sixth in the Premier League, qualify for the Europa League group stages.

If City lose today, United would go into the second qualifying round, which starts on 25 July.

The problem with that?

They are due to face Tottenham at 12:30 BST in Shanghai that day in the International Champions Cup, a pre-season tournament.

1 hour ago, nev said:

Lad even pep picked up on it and he is not delusional like city fans and knows the real score.

Screenshot_2019-05-18-14-53-03-619_com.android.chrome.png

Yeah Pep knows the real score and says it straight here:

"If Liverpool had won the Premier League it would have been an incredible achievement but when Manchester City win it's ‘OK’.". Meaning? The media love ManU and Liverpool and will push nonsense about those clubs over the top news of the day about other clubs. Why? Because in old speak those two clubs sell newspapers.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, nev said:

Ole has come out and stated we will not be buying big stars looking for their last big paycheck, He will put faith in youth and add a few top notch players.

It's not so much who we bring in but who we sell in my eyes.

Suggest you reread Mourinhos comments this week. As he says there are powerful players in the changing room. That needs to be broken up to allow the manager to manage. THEN it will be about the quality of the players coming in.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If City lose today, United would go into the second qualifying round, which starts on 25 July.

The problem with that?

They are due to face Tottenham at 12:30 BST in Shanghai that day in the International Champions Cup, a pre-season tournament.

I hope you lose today, It would be a real kick in the balls for our owners taking things for granted and arranging tour games before the season is over.

Wanting you to win just so we avoid starting the season early no way, I hope we have to and end up calling the useless bunch of Instagram stars in early.