The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

That's a short-term view.

No, the short term view is to look at the recent run of games, rather than where Ole has got us to.

I don't know for certain if he is the right man, but let's find out. We've already gone down the road of proven managers with great resumes, so let's try a 'club man' now and see where it takes us. 

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So what has gone wrong with Sanchez, such a good player?

Can't put my finger on it. Injuries haven't helped. And maybe he hasn't fitted into the dressing room so well. I think Arsenal's style of play suited him more, too. 

So Rick, or any ManU fan, just for a bit of fun:

Name your players who are good enough to get in to the following and whose place they'd take:

1. City's team

2. City's squad

3. Liverpool's team

4. Liverpool's squad

For 1 & 2 my opinion would be

1. Shaw (we lack a LB), for Zinchenko and permanently injured Mendy  

2. DeGea, Rashford, Pogba (but i wouldn't be happy with him in our squad), probably Sanchez.

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Name your players who are good enough to get in to the following and whose place they'd take:

1. City's team

2. City's squad

3. Liverpool's team

4. Liverpool's squad

2. DeGea, Rashford, Pogba (but i wouldn't be happy with him in our squad), probably Sanchez.

No to Shaw. Not even as a kit man

Don't think De Gea would like to be Ederson's under study

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

bit of fun

Bit of fun for who? We are obviously in terrible form, and the answers would be very different a month ago.

The season is pretty much over for us. If we start next season well things could be very different. I prefer to look forward not back....

Enjoy your title race!

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Just for the record, you are saying ZInchenko is better than Shaw?

No, im saying Shaw is a decent fullback and Zinchenko is an attacking midfield player having to learn the role as standin and doing a great job. Zinchenko usually suits as we have most possession and spend most games attacking but he is suspect in certain defensive situations.

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Bit of fun for who? We are obviously in terrible form, and the answers would be very different a month ago.

The season is pretty much over for us. If we start next season well things could be very different. I prefer to look forward not back....

Enjoy your title race!

Aah, not playing? Taking your ball home?

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Aah, not playing? Taking your ball home?

I get the feeling the most enjoyable thing for you is rubbing our noses in it, even more than your own successes?

In life there are people like that. They usually don't go very far. Just enjoy being where you are at the moment, not the downfall of others. Because those others, with a bit more humility than you, might not stay down. 

Edited by RickG16
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I get the feeling the most enjoyable thing for you is rubbing our noses in it, even more than your own successes?

In life there are people like that. They usually don't go very far. Just enjoy being where you are at the moment, not the downfall of others. Because those others, with a bit more humility than you, might not stay down. 

To be fair Rick, City supporters have had their noses rubbed into it for many many seasons. Now it is time for then to dominate Manchester. The writing was on the wall, for Utd, when they got hit for six at Old T a couple of years back.

Liverpool is the same. One season perhaps the roles will be reversed. It wasn't long ago when Everton were the most successful team (equal with Man U) in domestic football.

Things tend to go in cycles. Utd's dominance lasted 25 years Now they must step aside and let City rule the roost.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

To be fair Rick, City supporters have had their noses rubbed into it for many many seasons

Not by me. I always felt a bit of sympathy when they were in League 1 etc. And yes I might have had a laugh at Liverpool's drought, but when were in the middle of a climax to the title race, I guarantee they were far from my thoughts. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, smedly said:

does he wear lipstick and a dress

Not on the pitch but what goes on behind closed doors, who knows.

The way United played the other night, they might as well have worn high heels and a dress. They'd have had a better chance of scoring a date than a goal

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

The way United played the other night, they might as well have worn high heels and a dress. They'd have had a better chance of scoring a date than a goal

So what's the difference between that analogy and my one which you deleted a couple of weeks back ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I dont think i or any City fan are any different than you or any ManU fan. You seem to want sympathy for your plight; sorry but it doesn't happen between rival football fans. City fans had to take it from you lot for decades; you've only had it for a few years. So as the current favourite saying on here goes, suck it up buttercup.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

I dont think i or any City fan are any different than you or any ManU fan. You seem to want sympathy for your plight; sorry but it doesn't happen between rival football fans. City fans had to take it from you lot for decades; you've only had it for a few years. So as the current favourite saying on here goes, suck it up buttercup.

Nope, I don't want sympathy at all.

It doesn't bother me that you want to rub our noses in it. It's just sad that getting one over on us is still your biggest trophy. Such a small time attitude.

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I dont think i or any City fan are any different than you or any ManU fan. You seem to want sympathy for your plight; sorry but it doesn't happen between rival football fans.

Says he who was crying about injuries on the LFC page.  

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Nope, I don't want sympathy at all.

It doesn't bother me that you want to rub our noses in it. It's just sad that getting one over on us is still your biggest trophy. Such a small time attitude.

As your derby is against Liverpool, apparently, you'll never understand how a MANCHESTER City fan feels about bettering the other team from just outside Manchester.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

That's a short-term view. You need to be rebuilding and competiting for the title. Be honest, do you think Ole can do that?

You really don't look good enough to make the top 4. It'll the top 2 and Spurs n Chelsea.

I may have to have a serious rethink about that based on Spurs recent form

Screenshot_2019-04-27-21-28-31.png

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:29 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

1. City's team

2. City's squad

3. Liverpool's team

4. Liverpool's squad

Saw this article in the Manchester Evening News, which reminded me of your post.

Former footballer Robbie Savage has made a strong claim when comparing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad to Manchester City.

The Red Devils have struggled to find consistency recently, losing six of eight matches heading into the Manchester derby, and face a stern challenge to qualify for next season’s Champions League.

City , meanwhile, are gunning for the title and aiming to become the first side in a decade to successful defend their Premier League crown - and Savage believes the depth of Pep Guardiola’s side is better than United’s first-team.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, the Class of ‘92 graduate claimed that only four United players would get into City’s second-string side

“Just say for instance the second-string City team was Bravo, Danilo, Stones, Otamendi, Zinchenko or Mendy, Gundogan, Delph, Mahrez, Foden, Sane, Jesus. You're looking at that, David De Gea instead of Bravo, Shaw probably at left-back, Pogba for Delph and Rashford for Jesus,” he said.

That's a second-string team, that's how far United have fallen behind in recruitment.”

Savage went on to heap praise on Marcus Rashford, who like him graduated from United’s academy, and named him as the player the club must keep.

“The one player of all those players I would keep is Marcus Rashford, even ahead of David De Gea, because he knows the football club, he's from the area and he has that DNA.”

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Saw this article in the Manchester Evening News, which reminded me of your post.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

So basically we should sell everyone start from Rashford..... Truly insightful there from a top, top pundit.