The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, wilai said:

I saw and heard that as well. Was a load of rubbish from both of them.  Of course there was contact....AFTER Fabinho had won the ball fairly with a slide tackle, the player's impetus caused a collision. Football is a contact sport after all! 

Nah don't agree.. what your asking for is for VAR to nanny decisions..the ref thought it was a foul... And awarded it.. thats HIS perogative.. vars job ISNT  to rule or overrule EVERY decision..it's to spot  mistakes like in offsides or in this case his foot being on the line. 

1 minute ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Apologies for treble post  didnt appear to load up until i'de refreshed the page.

No probs. I've fixed it.

We'll have to agree to disagree as once it was decided it was in the box, the dynamic changed and VAR should have advised Dean to have another look. That is what Pitchside monitors are for. I certainly wouldn't want every foul to be VARred but, if he is changing the decision to a pen, then he should at least allow the ref to reconsider and get the decision correct,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

City's squad strength is poorer than Liverpool's. Usually you hear/read it's the other way round. I obviously wear blue tinted glasses so I bow to your guide dogs better knowledge.

Poorer than when you last won the league I meant.

1 hour ago, wilai said:

No probs. I've fixed it.

We'll have to agree to disagree as once it was decided it was in the box, the dynamic changed and VAR should have advised Dean to have another look. That is what Pitchside monitors are for. I certainly wouldn't want every foul to be VARred but, if he is changing the decision to a pen, then he should at least allow the ref to reconsider and get the decision correct,

Nah. .. it's an opinion NOT a clear and obvious error.

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

Definitely. Liverpool have done a better job picking up talent. How I'd love to have Fabinho replacing aging Fernandinho at City. Instead we have lukewarm Rodri.

I'm surprised you haven't improved that bench this summer...but happy at the inertia.

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm surprised you haven't improved that bench this summer...but happy at the inertia.

The bench might not be that bad. Time will tell how good Ruben Dias and Torres might be. So far they have looked pretty good. It'll be nice to get Laporte and Jesus back, and hopefully Aguero is not injured again. I saw something indicating he might have a hamstring problem.

32 minutes ago, jellydog said:

The bench might not be that bad. Time will tell how good Ruben Dias and Torres might be. So far they have looked pretty good. It'll be nice to get Laporte and Jesus back, and hopefully Aguero is not injured again. I saw something indicating he might have a hamstring problem.

Aguero is getting too old for the Prem...that's his only problem I think.

Aguero to me looks as in good a condition as I've seen him .. vegan diet works wonders for elite athletes.. however muscle pulls are part and parcel of athletes career.. they CAN be minimised by good management.. which from what I've seen NO football club deals with well...

13 hours ago, wilai said:

No probs. I've fixed it.

Everyone was screaming for pitch side monitors, and now they have them, they don't use them. 

• Like 2

Calling tonight's performance average would be a complement. A 2-0 win (included a last minute penalty) was good enough for all three points and secure top place in the group but a big improvement will be required in the next two games against Atalanta. 

The bright spots were the performance of Rhys Williams when he replaced Fabinho, Jota and particularly TAA who was back to his marauding best down the right and played a delightful 1-2 with Shaq in the build up to Jota's goal. Best move of the game by far. Also set up a number of other chances including a sitter for Bobby!

Fabinho went off with a tight hamstring early doors and will require a scan but must be very doubtful for the WHU game at least.  Will Matip be fit? If not, young Williams will have to step up again unless Hendo/Gini drop back with Thiago coming in. Not worried if we do need Williams as he is showing a greater maturity and calmness each time he is called upon. He is also strong in the air and can pose a VVD like threat in the opposition box (scored a great header at the weekend for <21s)....still early days though.

Unfortunately, Minamino did little to promote his chances and time is beginning to run out for him I think....as for Origi, the less said the better! He has all the physical attributes but rarely manages a decent 90 minutes. 

Still, getting a win was the main thing and we achieved that anyway.

As a footnote, Jota's goal was the 10,000th scored by LFC.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I was giving it the big no, no, no, no, no, NOOOO, when Fab went down. I think Hendo might drop in to CB for the Hammers. 

I don't know what's going on with Bobby, but his confidence looks shot.

Hendo could certainly do a job there but giving Williams a chance would accelerate his development. Remember TAA got his chance through injury to Clyne and hasn't looked back. Think he was younger on his debut as well. Williams was'toughened up' spending a year in non league so I'm sure the physical attributes are there. Antonio would be a nightmare for any CB but he may have a dodgy hamstring so Haller could be playing. He is well over 6 feet so Hendo may have problems with him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wilai said:

Hendo could certainly do a job there but giving Williams a chance would accelerate his development. Remember TAA got his chance through injury to Clyne and hasn't looked back. Think he was younger on his debut as well. Williams was'toughened up' spending a year in non league so I'm sure the physical attributes are there. Antonio would be a nightmare for any CB but he may have a dodgy hamstring so Haller could be playing. He is well over 6 feet so Hendo may have problems with him.

We’re gonna <deleted> destroy ya ????

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Kadilo said:

We’re gonna <deleted> destroy ya ????

I bet you said that to a kebab last night and failed to eat it all.

Your gonna get slapped hard be lucky not to get done by at least 7. It's gonna hit home hard who your manager is after this. 

16 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Yes of course I was being serious. 

You are an expert at criticising every team and their managers. 

Get a hobby <deleted>

My hobby is watching west ham fans moan when they never had it so good and you are still a top of the bottom half of the table team. Some tremendous signings. Haller haha.  Worse than his mate jovic and you paid top dollar. Mugs

Edited by wilai
not relevant to thread

16 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

My hobby is watching west ham fans moan when they never had it so good and you are still a top of the bottom half of the table team. Some tremendous signings. Haller haha.  Worse than his mate jovic and you paid top dollar. Mugs

So who do you support then Jackie boy? I've got you down as a Liverpool fan.

On 10/29/2020 at 4:11 PM, Jack Hna said:

I bet you said that to a kebab last night and failed to eat it all.

Your gonna get slapped hard be lucky not to get done by at least 7. It's gonna hit home hard who your manager is after this. 

Not quite the drubbing predicted Jack Ass. 

• Haha 1

Who needs Thiago when you've got The Shaq?....A superb incisive through ball set up Jota for a deserved winner when it looked like despite our 'huffing and puffing' we were never gonna break through the West Ham rearguard. Too much of our attacking was ponderous and resulted in a sorry lack of clear cut chances.

That all changed with the subs. Shaqiri and Jota immediately livened things up for us whilst Yarmolenko cocked things up for WHU! Indeed he was caught in possession at the start of the move that led to the goal. Something I noticed him doing more than once in West Ham's previous game. The impact that Shaq and Jota had was decisive. At last we had players who were willing to be more direct and run at pace at the West Ham defence. It resulted in yet another disallowed goal following VAR intervention (no real complaints. Could have been given either way!). And then the pair combined for a winner to light up any game. 

Giving MoM to either of the subs would be fair but given the circumstances and media waffle about our CB's (or lack of!) it has to go to Champer's mate Nat Phillips. He didn't give 40m signing Haller a sniff, dealing confidently with all the high balls thrown at him. He was also calm and effective in possession and certainly didn't play like a debutant brought in at short notice. 

So, another win, not pretty but good enough to take us back to the top of the league. A successful start to what will be a tough couple of months.

• Like 2