The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

What a farce 2 totts players both offside and give them a pen....not a hope in hell kane scores without being touched...then give him a 90% chance of scoring instead[emoji20]

Dirty Harry always keeps his leg dangling waiting for the contact [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

What a farce 2 totts players both offside and give them a pen....not a hope in hell kane scores without being touched...then give him a 90% chance of scoring instead????

In other words, you lost mate! ???? And we really were below par. We seem to play much better away from Wembley.

And why wasn't your keeper booked for the foul on Kane? Total lack of consistency.????

4 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Dirty Harry always keeps his leg dangling waiting for the contact emoji2959.pngemoji2959.pngemoji2959.pngemoji2959.pngemoji2959.pngemoji2959.pngemoji2959.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<deleted>....its way too early to be such sore losers....it was only the first leg. ????

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Moaning about the ref seems to be a common theme on here nowadays :1zgarz5:????

Being the only team in the league who's players never ever dive to win free kicks and penalties i really don't blame them!

Sarri's becoming extremely predictable btw......

2 hours ago, carmine said:

In other words, you lost mate! ???? And we really were below par. We seem to play much better away from Wembley.

And why wasn't your keeper booked for the foul on Kane? Total lack of consistency.????

Try watching the game instead of reading about it,,,,He was booked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carmine said:

He was booked.

• Like 1

Just now, keithsimmonds said:

you are correct.it is with me. If i did my job as poorly as they did there,s i would not expect to still be employed.

But it wasn't the ref, it was vars that said said he was onside but i suppose them lines they rang across the pitch to prove he was onside were a bit wobbly, as for 2 players being offside you must have been watching the same game as 3minus 2 ???? 

That was, undoubtedly, the best performance I've seen from a Chelsea team under Sarri's management. Crisp passing, good movement and focus in a game that, if there was any justice in football...I know, there isn't.....we would have come out of the game with at least a draw. Unfortunately, for some members of the squad, they are being left behind by the demands of the manager of a quick, fast paced game. Alonso for one is totally unsuited to it and should be moved away, probably to the more languid style of the Italian game. It's like playing with ten men sometimes because he offers nothing to the team. Kante, on the other hand, has embraced it and is looking better as each game passes. What a player! Very impressed with Hudson -Odoi, who added much needed pace and quick feet into the attack. Barkley is also struggling with the pace of the game but I would keep him as he hasn't played that much football over the past couple of seasons. Something that struck me, when Son Heung -Min bore down on our goal in about the 2nd. minute, was that if that was Luiz instead of Christensen up against him, he would have been one on one with our 'keeper. Christensen and Rudiger were both superb on the night.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Hopefully luck wont come into in the 2nd leg......like it did in the 1st

Yeah yeah, guess what, you make your own luck in this world.  I remember your posts after each game we beat you, and its always down to Chelsea bad luck and misfortune isn't it!!!

Still, as you said yourself, you are not a football fan, you are a Chelsea fan, whatever that's really supposed to mean.  So, as a heads up, what you should really be concerned about is that you didn't beat us when we play below par, what's going to happen when we play well? Another lucky 1-3 drubbing?

Edited by carmine

As for the game,i thought we played very well for most of it. Willian does not disappoint me any more,as i don,t expect any from him. Pedro i must have said (thuccking hell Pedro) at least 5 times and the fella was only on the pitch for part of the 2nd half. Borehinio is just that, boring, i would have Ampudu in front of him.

Dave Kante and Hazard were excellent imo Christensen was also good but was never really tested,Rudiger hard as ever. Despite playing the false no 9 which i detest the overall play was good to watch imo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yeah yeah, guess what, you make your own luck in this world.  I remember your posts after each game we beat you, and its always down to Chelsea bad luck and misfortune isn't it!!!

Still, as you said yourself, you are not a football fan, you are a Chelsea fan, whatever that's really supposed to mean.  So, as a heads up, what you should really be concerned about is that you didn't beat us when we play below par, what's going to happen when we play well? About lucky 1-3 drubbing?

God here we go again.....give the 'Poor Me' a rest mate its boring!!!! 

What's all this boll***s with us wanting to sign Higuain? A 31 year old, who's too set in his ways to adapt to Sarri's style of play is not the way forward. If we're that intent on signing a striker( still not given up on Morata yet)  I'd go after Raul Jimenez, who's on loan at Wolves from Benfica. Very impressive movement and pace with an eye for a goal.

16 minutes ago, oldgit said:

What's all this boll***s with us wanting to sign Higuain? A 31 year old, who's too set in his ways to adapt to Sarri's style of play is not the way forward. If we're that intent on signing a striker( still not given up on Morata yet)  I'd go after Raul Jimenez, who's on loan at Wolves from Benfica. Very impressive movement and pace with an eye for a goal.

The latest talk is of Cavani.

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

I read you were eyeing up Arnautovic, he would be a good signing for your side. Obviously I hope he don’t leave. 

Yes, I'm a big fan. Quick, strong and when you think he's only been playing as a focal point central striker for a year, he's done well. His temperament is a bit suspect but can be smoothed out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Yes, I'm a big fan. Quick, strong and when you think he's only been playing as a focal point central striker for a year, he's done well. His temperament is a bit suspect but can be smoothed out.

Yes he has an edge and that comes with his temperament but I could see him getting hatfuls in your set up

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alfieconn said:

But it wasn't the ref, it was vars that said said he was onside but i suppose them lines they rang across the pitch to prove he was onside were a bit wobbly, as for 2 players being offside you must have been watching the same game as 3minus 2 ???? 

Wobbly line i was talking about.

DwdjpNzXQAAWxUA.jpg

• Like 1

Nice to hear Sarri in his press conference say 'Willian does not play to his full potential,and his movement or lack of movement without the ball needs to improve,and he needs to score more goals.' okay not an exact quote,but that was the gist of it.

I look forward to tomorrow night to see the change in Willians facial expression (should he start that is) every time a pass to him or from him goes awry,plus the questioning look of why me when he is substituted with 20 or so mins left...... i am sure he wont disappoint me.

Had to laugh when Sarri said 2 weeks ago that Borehinio or Fabregas must play....then when asked today about Fabregas still being at the club he says  'he should go' he cant play for us cos of his mental state.....hilarious.

Still despite all the comings or not goings and inconsistent performances and a few shyyte players,we are are in 4th spot and one of only 3 clubs still involved in all 4 comps........onwards and upwards.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just watching a very good discussion  on keys n grey about the offside / penalty I'm  sure you guys will like.

Richard Keys isn't bad but Andy Gray was, is and always will be a plank.

• Like 1

We won but thats about all that can be said. Really cant see Hazard staying if we continue to play like this where he is the only focul point and he is surrounded by 2/3/4 players with no one on his shoulder offering him an out. Him and Kante would be a massive loss. Borehinio is not for me,never could stand players who are not that good giving orders/directions for what other players should do with the ball...but thats just my opinion.

• Like 2