The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

14 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Moyes said to Antonio after the game..."if you played like that every week we would n,t be where we are" Antonio replied..."if i could play like that every week i would n,t be playing here" :dry:

Yep, they certainly save their best for us. I've always liked Antonio though because he's a local lad from where I used to live and started playing amateur football at Tooting and Mitcham. He started at the bottom, so he doesn't shirk it when the going gets tough, unlike some of his flaky team mates who only turn up when they fancy it, hence their dodgy League position. The annoying part about it Keith, was that we should have buried them in the first half hour but didn't take our chances, and the longer the game went on, their confidence grew and they worked harder than us.

Didn't get out of bed to watch the last two PL ganes, watched a rerun off one but not the other - shouldn't be too hard to work out which one. Not sure if I can be @rsed to get up a 2.00 for Watford either. There was a time I'd queue all night freezing my nuts off just to get tickets - a long time ago!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yep, they certainly save their best for us. I've always liked Antonio though because he's a local lad from where I used to live and started playing amateur football at Tooting and Mitcham. He started at the bottom, so he doesn't shirk it when the going gets tough, unlike some of his flaky team mates who only turn up when they fancy it, hence their dodgy League position. The annoying part about it Keith, was that we should have buried them in the first half hour but didn't take our chances, and the longer the game went on, their confidence grew and they worked harder than us.

It hurts Og like a dagger to the heart and like you i feel the pain,from memory i think we have lost 13 times in all comps and i only (not selectively) feel we deserved (ie didn.t compete) in 2 of those defeats...at home to both Man u in the league and  Bayern in the champs league the other defeats we were in with a shout and didn,t get our pants pulled down.

If we dont punish(the weaker teams) from the off then it is a struggle... a la west ham (twice) Bournemouth Southampton Newcastle....yep 3 of them at home as well. Set pieces and going gun ho 4 victory have cost us dear. Romance or not i hope Villa get relegated and JT returns as defensive coach,no disrespect to the current staff but our defending is woeful.

• Like 2

Well I managed to drag myself out of bed to watch it, so far so good at HT, some decent play although we didn't do enough for an early breakthrough. Smart finish from Giroud after an excellent pass from Barkley for the opener. We're still giving away needless free-kicks in dangerous areas but have got away with it so far.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Didn't get out of bed to watch the last two PL ganes, watched a rerun off one but not the other - shouldn't be too hard to work out which one. Not sure if I can be @rsed to get up a 2.00 for Watford either. There was a time I'd queue all night freezing my nuts off just to get tickets - a long time ago!

You should get a new mattress mate. It's too comfortable!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Well I managed to drag myself out of bed to watch it, so far so good at HT, some decent play although we didn't do enough for an early breakthrough. Smart finish from Giroud after an excellent pass from Barkley for the opener. We're still giving away needless free-kicks in dangerous areas but have got away with it so far.

Yes, a decent performance overall with Pulisic causing them all sorts of problems with his pace and trickery. Such was our dominance in possession, we went to sleep in the latter stages of the second half but we saw it through to the end. It was good to see Hudson -Odoi showing some fight when he lost the ball.

• Like 1

Some nice touches from Mason a really clever player. Poor pass from Reece leading to there goal,kepa could have done better,but no surprise to see him beaten. Willian good tracking back and working 4 the team...but 2 absolutely shocking corners. No more sloppy mistakes and 3 points will be oùrs...i hope.

6 hours ago, jellydog said:

Crikey! Lucky to escape with 3 points given that diabolical defending in the last few minutes. :blink:

A bit, but maybe we're due some. Tammy had a sitter to finish them off before the Keystone stuff started.

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

Mount was unlucky not to score, only a great save kept him out, the sort of save that's missing at the other end. Zaha's pop from distance would have been a routine tip over for any other 'keeper in the PL,

Zaha,s POP????

It was a thunderbolt !!!!!!

Routine tip over??????? What are you smoking, please pass it around????

BTW

Lamps after the match,praised Kepa,s save in the dying moments, which certainly gave us,  2 extra , very valuable points ,in this close race,  for a CL place .

Willian another class performance ,perhaps he is now off the Threads Hit List???? and Capt Amercia another nicely taken goal????

Edited by deej

1 hour ago, deej said:

Zaha,s POP????

BTW

Lamps after the match,praised Kepa,s save in the dying moments, which certainly gave us,  2 extra , very valuable points ,in this close race,  for a CL place .

Willian another class performance ,perhaps he is now off the Threads Hit List???? and Capt Amercia another nicely taken goal????

Willian has taken a look at Traore and is all the better a player for it. I"d like to see a few more play in this no-nonsense, and more honest way.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deej said:

Zaha,s POP????

BTW

Frank was being diplomatic on his praise for Kepa....you know a bit like your are sometimes. ????

Frank if you remember backed Barkley and said he was the designated penalty taker in the game he missed one.......he has not taken another one since. (diplomatic)

Praise should go to Zouma for that excellent tackle on Benteke.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

A bit, but maybe we're due some. Tammy had a sitter to finish them off before the Keystone stuff started.

Willian should have scored in the 1st half, Giroud missed a sitter from a super Reece cross, Tammy,s miss Mount,s saved effort we could and should have scored 6.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

It wasn't anywhere near the corner, you must be more careful when picking your mushrooms if you think that was close to being unstoppable.

Please smell the coffee????

Where did i post that Zaha,s goal was unstoppable?.?..

Clearly, i only objected to your Pop and Routine Save quotes. which IMO were completely  rubbish .

TBH, Kepa is labouring as our custodian,  I  have no doubt about that, but a different back four and a very  ordinary bunch at that,

playing in front of you, week in, week out, would knock the <deleted> out of anyone.

54 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Willian starts to put in a shift because he's after a new contract. A bit selfish if that's the reason why he's playing well. What happens afterwards, when he gets it? 

Still have Willian on the Love Birds Hit List????

According to reports,Willian turns 32 next month,and is asking for a 3 yr contract.

Chelsea,s policy, any player who passes the age of 30,

shall only receive a 1 yr contract etc.etcc

Therefore Chelsea have to weigh up the circumstances,

surrounding Willian,s asking and Chelsea,s contract policy  indeed ,a very curly one to deal with.

Perhaps a 1 yr contract with a 1 yr option, would be suitable to both partys.

Edited by deej

Willian has been unbelievable since the return,never have i seen him track back and dispossess someone in our penalty area before,but since the lock down he has done that at least 3 times,he used to go down if someone so much as breathed on him (and stay down) waiting for the free kick that never comes.....but not any of that since the return. Frank is obviously pleased and that,s why he starts him Every week and of course if Cho wants his place he knows what he has to do.

The way i see it Chelsea have Pulisic Cho Werner and Ziyech....so they probably wont deviate from there 1 year policy.

Willian can only continue as he has and hope that Mourinho keeps his job cos other than us that,s the only other place in the Epl where he could play imho.

On 7/9/2020 at 8:22 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Willian has been unbelievable since the return,never have i seen him track back and dispossess someone in our penalty area before,but since the lock down he has done that at least 3 times,he used to go down if someone so much as breathed on him (and stay down) waiting for the free kick that never comes.....but not any of that since the return. Frank is obviously pleased and that,s why he starts him Every week and of course if Cho wants his place he knows what he has to do.

The way i see it Chelsea have Pulisic Cho Werner and Ziyech....so they probably wont deviate from there 1 year policy.

Willian can only continue as he has and hope that Mourinho keeps his job cos other than us that,s the only other place in the Epl where he could play imho.

A pivotal game coming up for Spurs against the <deleted>. Mourinho will be in very choppy waters if they lose as they were awful against everybody else's whipping boys Bournemouth.

10 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

^^^ Could have fooled Me.????

The last goal conceded, bordered on Keystone Cop

Stuff. Sort it out Lamps, or  a CL  place,   is  in jeopardy????

Edited by deej
slow internet connection

If we cant learn from that defeat then we might as well give up. Zouma was dreadful for all 3 goals especially the last imo,yep Rudiger lost his feet but Zouma at no point did he try to stop the cross...truly dreadful. Yes Mason (4 the 1st)should have cleared the ball and not try to play it out of the box, and then Christensen and Zouma were a left flat footed for both that goal and the 2nd, Tammy why no reaction to Rj cross in the 1st 10 minutes,he must know that RJ can put the ball in the same spot all day with his eyes closed, no Tammy held back and it was left to Pulisic to make an a effort, that was poor from Tammy. Dave and Willian under no pressure put 2 crosses straight out of the ground,truly shocking.

Don,t know whether Tomori is fit or not but we need him back, Kovacic to start instead of Jorginho and Cho to start instead of Willian. Got to get the 3 points as we are truly buggered if it came to goal difference with Leic /Mancs for 3rd/4th spot. coyb

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

If we cant learn from that defeat then we might as well give up. Zouma was dreadful for all 3 goals especially the last imo,yep Rudiger lost his feet but Zouma at no point did he try to stop the cross...truly dreadful. Yes Mason (4 the 1st)should have cleared the ball and not try to play it out of the box, and then Christensen and Zouma were a left flat footed for both that goal and the 2nd, Tammy why no reaction to Rj cross in the 1st 10 minutes,he must know that RJ can put the ball in the same spot all day with his eyes closed, no Tammy held back and it was left to Pulisic to make an a effort, that was poor from Tammy. Dave and Willian under no pressure put 2 crosses straight out of the ground,truly shocking.

Don,t know whether Tomori is fit or not but we need him back, Kovacic to start instead of Jorginho and Cho to start instead of Willian. Got to get the 3 points as we are truly buggered if it came to goal difference with Leic /Mancs for 3rd/4th spot. coyb

Can't fathom why Kovacic wasn't used last time, unless he's not fully fit. He must start against Norwich tonight. The less said about that "performance" against Sheff. Utd. the better. a truly awful display by all who started the game. They're saying that Tomori and Kante should be back in 5 days Keith.