The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

So what did you think Jody was showing to Frank at 20 mins in

As Lamps. right hand man .its part and parcel of Morris position to weigh in his contribition to Lamps that may need attending to (tactical)during any match ETC ETC

But

The buck stops with Lamp.s who must  decide whether Morris.s contribition(tactical) is warranted for a change of direction ETC

Easier said then done 

i assure you

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, deej said:

As Lamps. right hand man .its part and parcel of Morris position to weigh in his contribition to Lamps that may need attending to (tactical)during any match ETC ETC

But

The buck stops with Lamp.s who must  decide whether Morris.s contribition(tactical) is warranted for a change of direction ETC

Easier said then done 

i assure you

7 Trophy,s Morris won in 2 years as Chelsea youth coach,he would make as many as 5 changes in selection from one week to next......He knows the time of day.....and more importantly he knows all the younger players and what they are capable of.

Give credit where credit is due......or just pour argumentative scorn on it......either way i am pass thuckking caring......your constant sniping bitching and nitpicking of everything post is........????????:coffee1:.....expected!!!

Not knocking Morris.s input to Chelsea FC  in any shape or form or his recent credentials ETC ETC

but honestly  even .Blind Freddie knew Emerson was having another Nightmare game

and  surprised no one. .to see him hooked

and a new formation formed

and again Lamps made the decision not Morris 

All credit is due to Lamps who made the call on advice from Morris and his own mindset 

Morris played a role .so he should  as.he  is Assistant Manager to Lamps

but the final call.  layed with Lamps and he deserves the credit for a correct decision 

If it backfired .Lamps would wear the critisism of a wrong  tactical decision

Not Morris    Get It ?

17 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Yes, glad the changes were made quick unlike the Saints game. Lamptey looks good though I do think we need to spring for a center back in the Jan window.

I think we're alright when it comes to centre backs. What would be at the top of my shopping list would be a goalkeeper (Kepa isn't the answer short or long term. Does nothing in my opinion to inspire confidence in his team mates.) and a leftwing back. Alonso is a tortoise and Emersen has completely lost his form and, therefore, his confidence. Ruben Vinagre of Wolves would be ideal the way we play. 

This isn't an excuse at the poor form we are showing at home but, has anybody else noticed how high the ball bounces when it hits the turf? I only say this because, when we played at Spurs and Arsenal, the ball seems to flow more evenly over the turf. At our place, it's like trying to control a bloody beach ball. I would definitely have a word with our groundsman about watering the pitch more and allowing the grass to grow longer than it is.

18 minutes ago, oldgit said:

I think we're alright when it comes to centre backs. What would be at the top of my shopping list would be a goalkeeper (Kepa isn't the answer short or long term. Does nothing in my opinion to inspire confidence in his team mates.) and a leftwing back. Alonso is a tortoise and Emersen has completely lost his form and, therefore, his confidence. Ruben Vinagre of Wolves would be ideal the way we play. 

Keeper is only as good as his defence, look at Cech, he has a great centerback in Terry. Zouma just doesn't cut the mustard and the jury is still out for me with Rudiger.

11 hours ago, oldgit said:

This isn't an excuse at the poor form we are showing at home but, has anybody else noticed how high the ball bounces when it hits the turf? I only say this because, when we played at Spurs and Arsenal, the ball seems to flow more evenly over the turf. At our place, it's like trying to control a bloody beach ball. I would definitely have a word with our groundsman about watering the pitch more and allowing the grass to grow longer than it is.

If correct ????. same for both sides  

15 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Keeper is only as good as his defence, look at Cech, he has a great centerback in Terry. Zouma just doesn't cut the mustard and the jury is still out for me with Rudiger.

Cech could have Rudiger and Zouma in front of him and would still have been exceptional. Something that Kepa is not.

4 hours ago, deej said:

If correct ????. same for both sides  

Not necessarily. Southampton, for instance, sat back and when they regained the ball, they hoofed it long into our empty half or played the counter short to their wing backs when we got caught with too many players upfield. Not too many high balls to control there. We, however, had to find a way through a packed defence so, with no Kovacic to receive the ball (undoubtedly our best instant controller of the ball in the squad), we resorted to long cross field passes out of defence which requires great accuracy, and because of the time it spent in the air, the Saints midfielders were able to close in and put the receiver under pressure. A quick release was needed with quick control by the receiver. It was then I noticed how high the ball took off when it hit the turf

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Just credit where credit is due........Get It???

22 hours ago, deej said:

Not knocking Morris.s input to Chelsea FC  in any shape or form or his recent credentials ETC ETC

but honestly  even .Blind Freddie knew Emerson was having another Nightmare game

and  surprised no one. .to see him hooked

and a new formation formed

and again Lamps made the decision not Morris 

All credit is due to Lamps who made the call on advice from Morris and his own mindset 

Morris played a role .so he should  as.he  is Assistant Manager to Lamps

but the final call.  layed with Lamps and he deserves the credit for a correct decision 

If it backfired .Lamps would wear the critisism of a wrong  tactical decision

Not Morris    Get It ?

My above post clearly awards Morris  due credit  

Perhaps u are speed reading

But the  Buck stops with Lamps to implement it

All top line Mngrs have a second in charge(2 I C) to lean on.   Mick Phelan(MU) is a outstanding example with SAF during their glory reign

And at this point of time Morris is doing a fine work as Lamp.s 2 I C

Another topsy turvey performance to start the New Year and in the end lucky to secure a draw 

Apart from Kepa.(3 top shelf  saves) all players

were a ordinary bunch and only hanging on to a C/L place largely due to Totts and M/U poor form

Perhaps a 3 nil win and at the Bridge ????and rode our luck (1st half)  but managed to move into  top gear to secure a win.

Burnley  have lost 7 of their last 9 matchs so  the win was expected

Lamp.s  back 4  appears to  be taking shape Dave at  lB   Rudi CB James RB and either Christenen Timori and Zouma to partner Rudi

Nice to see Cho. score his goal  (  due to Lamps  cuddling him to top fitness)and more to come????

MOM James for me

15 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Another shocker from Kepa, the last couple of minutes demonstrated that problem in a nutshell.

Always the scape goat????

Would agree that his 70 to 80 mil price tag is nowhere presently justfied

But in all honestly our CB.s are a ordinary bunch to have in front of you. who cannot defend correctly if  their lives depended on it

last nites goal proved that

And lastly we have major issues in the final third when teams park the bus against us. not Kepa and company at the back

Surprised that  Lamps is persisting with Kante in a forward role  Got  me Stuffed he cannot cut it there .his bread and butter is defending mid feild player shielding the back 4 

In summing up we have  no spine and no on the feild leader at all

But very early days for Lamps  sorting it out

And very happy no buys so far this TF window

Get the big fish next window( the  ones who he wants and needs )

Go The Chelsea Babes

Another  Sh#tty  performance   4 wins in our last 12 EPL matchs of which 10 were bottom half of the table sides???? (from memory)Csea are only in fourth place due to the other clubs challenging being as bad .????

Lamps has reached his first real test as  a EPL manager .See what changes needed ETC  come into play as at this present moment its going to be a LONG second half of the season.

On a lighter note did u see our brilliant goal keeper Kepa  at the end of the match threw his jersey to a fan who immediately threw it back to him

Kepa Dropped It????????????

Pick it up Chelsea Babes

46 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Hardly the defining moment in our season, unlike Stevie G's clanger.

Hope not bud. Wouldn't want you 'slipping' out of Champs League qualification as a result of it...... Especially if Man U benefit!

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Caballero chasing butterflies will make you yearn for Kepa....maybe. :tongue:

Willy's not the answer, by any means, but at least he has guts in the penalty area unlike the other bloke who's all froth and no substance.

Archived