The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Can't fathom why Kovacic wasn't used last time, unless he's not fully fit. He must start against Norwich tonight. The less said about that "performance" against Sheff. Utd. the better. a truly awful display by all who started the game. They're saying that Tomori and Kante should be back in 5 days Keith.

So one or both could start/miss the Manc semi final then......one win in our last 7 against them does not bode well 4 us......still tonight getting a win and then a draw at Anfield is much more important though :wink:.

8 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

A truly dreadful watch....but 3 vital points.

That half an hour from the start of the second half was purgotary. Endless passing between the wing backs and centre backs with no movement ahead of them, inviting the Norwich attack to press high. A better team would have punished us in that phase Pulisic and Willian had worked hard but both were spent force, so it was vital that Frank put on some fresh legs when he did. I want to see more from Loftus -Cheek. Playing within yourself cannot go on indefinitely. Alonso seemed to have a bit of a moan when he came off

4 hours ago, oldgit said:

That half an hour from the start of the second half was purgotary. Endless passing between the wing backs and centre backs with no movement ahead of them, inviting the Norwich attack to press high. A better team would have punished us in that phase Pulisic and Willian had worked hard but both were spent force, so it was vital that Frank put on some fresh legs when he did. I want to see more from Loftus -Cheek. Playing within yourself cannot go on indefinitely. Alonso seemed to have a bit of a moan when he came off

Purgatory.....you can say that again.....thuccking lifeless. Ziyech sitting in the stands must have thought this aint the Chelsea team that i played against over 2 legs....surely.  Me i want to see some passion i want to see Frank kick some bottles have a rant this is all too nice......this is like watching someone trying to bail out the Titanic with a sieve.

Question why did he start Willian (and not Cho) aint he run his arssse of enough lately,Jorginho what does he bring to the table other than his wheelchair,and Dave left back right back what is he gonna be in goal at the weekend. Thank christ Kovacic was back,one of the few players who knows how to move the ball forward and he can tackle. Tammy again nowhere near another spot on Rj cross,he should quit with the play station and watch videos of past Epl strikers....he might learn something.

Put a fork in me i,m done.

• Haha 1

The Love Birds chattering away together, showing complete  lack,  of any commonsense .???? ????Apart from slagging most of the playing squad, during the season, they now are rattling the cage of Lamps, who in his maiden EPL season as a rookie Manager. has placed Chelsea, a chance to secure a CL  place.

A very worthy  performance when taking all things into consideration????

Gutted with the team selection to be honest...some players that are on the pitch should be on the bench and vice versa imho. Pulisic Tomori cho and Loftus should be starting,hopefully both Alonso and Jorginho have for sale signs on there shirts.

I,ll go Jorginho 1st person to get a card and him + Alonso Willian and Giroud to be substituted....and Norway to win the euro vision song contest....when ever that is.:unsure:

The 3 -4 -3 debate is on! Reece had by far his best game since the restart, at right wing back. Azpilicueta was in his element, scuttling across to cover in his right centre back role. Kovacic was absolutely different class, ghosting past players at will. If only he would be a bit more selfish and shoot when the occasion arises. Jorginho was unrecognisable, pushing up on their centre backs and midfield. I thought it was Kante's clone with a silly haircut. Do we go with it against Liverpool? I think we should. OK, it will probably look like a 5 -4 -1 for most of the game, but with the psychological knowledge that our attacking midfielders can burst forward ( maybe "burst forward" is an exaggeration as far as Alonso is concerned) on the counter, knowing that Azpilicueta, Zouma and one other can cover the breakdown, there's a good chance we can get something from this game. My only concern is whether we can recover our energy levels after a lung busting effort on Sunday, while Liverpool would have had a full week to prepare.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, oldgit said:

My only concern is whether we can recover our energy levels after a lung busting effort on Sunday, while Liverpool would have had a full week to prepare.

Yep.....a full week spent mostly on preparing for the after-match party! That's what worries me the most!

9 minutes ago, wilai said:

Yep.....a full week spent mostly on preparing for the after-match party! That's what worries me the most!

And Chelsea beating Man City handed Liverpool the title , Liverpool players may show their appreciation and not try to hard 

Can you imagine the last game of the season at Anfield and receiving the cup as well, after the game and suffering a humiliating loss? Some hopes! Klopp would have had them under lock and key for the last couple of days. They'll be buzzing and so, hopefully, will Chelsea.

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Too much for me, I went to bed at 2-0. I can't stand seeing that f*****g snowman rooted to the spot yet again, while the ball whistles into the net

I don,t expect anything from him (hope that was his last game 4 us).....his positioning for that free kick was a joke...gave 60% of the goal for Taa to aim at. Jorginho at fault for the last along with Alonso (too slow to catch a cold),Willian at fault for the 1st + the starfish trying to save that shot with the wrong hand, the ref at fault for the 2nd +the frozen Starfish and his positioning,poor defending for both the 3rd and 4th goals where both Zouma and Dave should never had allowed Firmino a sniff.

Brilliant cameo from Pulisic and i thought James had a really good game,both Kovacic and Jorginho played well apart from Jorgi,s (David Luiz moment).....yep lots of positives despite the scoreline.

Win or draw against Wolves and top 4 will be secured,day out at Wembley to come then another massive shock  for the Germans when we turn them over again in there own backyard......we will be match fit and they won,t know whats hit em......:tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

I don,t expect anything from him (hope that was his last game 4 us).....his positioning for that free kick was a joke...gave 60% of the goal for Taa to aim at. Jorginho at fault for the last along with Alonso (too slow to catch a cold),Willian at fault for the 1st + the starfish trying to save that shot with the wrong hand, the ref at fault for the 2nd +the frozen Starfish and his positioning,poor defending for both the 3rd and 4th goals where both Zouma and Dave should never had allowed Firmino a sniff.

Brilliant cameo from Pulisic and i thought James had a really good game,both Kovacic and Jorginho played well apart from Jorgi,s (David Luiz moment).....yep lots of positives despite the scoreline.

Win or draw against Wolves and top 4 will be secured,day out at Wembley to come then another massive shock  for the Germans when we turn them over again in there own backyard......we will be match fit and they won,t know whats hit em......:tongue:

Agree with you about Kepa, he can do one.

...... ok there are lies etc, but these numbers should not be denied.

Kepa has by far the worst save percentage of any first choice 'keeper in the PL.

Despite all of their collective and individual errors, our defence has restricted opposition shots on target to 'just' 99. Only four other teams have done better at protecting their 'keeper.

Kepa has made the fewest saves.

Last season his save % was 67.5%, this year 54.5%. He has got worse and these stats simply bear out what we can see when watching the games.

Kepa.jpg

Stats, can often  be very misleading ,as above???? 

Sure Kepa is a shot bird and  likely to be shipped out

But the defenders have not helped his form to recover, one iota.

And  last nites performance by our defender,s was very poor again,par for the course this season.????I agree Kepa may have kept better on 2 Lpool,s goals. but 5 sailed through not 2.

Presently MU keeper ,De Gea (for a while) has got the wobbles, perhaps Tugboat Maguire and Co is the reason.

Presently at Csea we have at least 4 Tugboats in our defence each match.

May i ,sincerely offer Lpool my heartist congrats on being EPL champions and last nites win????

Edited by deej
  • Thanks 1

At least you guys had a go....unlike most of the league do when they come! No matter who you buy tn the window, Pulisic must start whenever fit. Think he will be one of the big stars of next season. Looks like the only way to stop him is to give him a clump early doors!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deej said:

And  last nites performance by our defender,s was very poor again,par for the course this season.????I agree Kepa may have kept better on 2 Lpool,s goals. but 5 sailed through not 2.

Presently MU keeper ,De Gea (for a while) has got the wobbles, perhaps Tugboat Maguire and Co is the reason.

May i ,sincerely offer Lpool my heartist congrats on being EPL champions and last nites win????

1 hour ago, deej said:

What utter nonsense to claim that those GK stats are misleading. Good keepers win points, poor keepers cost points. Kepa falls into the latter category, however you try to twist things to suit your agenda, whatever that may be.

• Like 2

A few months back or so,our thread had Motor Mouth????????

Now the Stats Mouth.

???? As for my Agenda twisting, my post clearly ack owledges Kepa.s poor form etc etc and points out 3 goals were also scored,not down to Kepa,s 2 , where doe.s your Stats or post show them which makes the playing feild equal for all players. Its all down to Kepa bashing Sure he will be happy lad to leave CSEA and let the Bashers or Slaggers to find another victim. The LoveBirds have a cage full of them on this thread

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

I don't recall what he cost you lads but worth every penny.

Yep i think it was less than 20mil or undisclosed. I had me doubts, but he has an eye for a goal and looks after himself.....bit like Samuel Eto...a clever footballer imho.

• Like 1

Well a great result for us and a very good second half performance i thought...though it does help when your are 2 nil up. Kovacic Motm for me,never stopped running tackling and influencing play. A clean sheet to boot now that's a rarity...well done to Frank and the boys.

• Like 1