The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Lamps change of formation  to 3  4 2  1  proved to be a masterclass combination whilst heavily under the pump. to arrest  a form slump (lost 4  out of 5 ) by beating Totts 2  0 away????

The Love Birds ????.Trio of players they luv to be so critical of

1/Willian 2 goals and my MOM

2/Kepa clean sheet

3/Alonso awarded a penalty and solid all round performance????(,despite not playing since very early Nov).

Provided a strong foundation for ydays win

Full marks to Lamps????????

Go The Chelsea Babes

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent win. Mourinho totally out smarted. Good to see his new humble persona didn’t last long. About as humiliating as it could get for him I would imagine. 

Disgraceful alleged racist abuse too. Let’s hope the moron(s) are identified on CCTV. The irony of their supporters labelling you Chavs. 

Whether Mourinho was bamboozled by Franks tactical change or not, I was shocked at how lackluster Kane, Son, Alli and Moura were, especially in the first half. Tomori, Rudiger and Zouma had so much time on the ball to play out of defence, they could have had a picnic in between time. Whatever, it was an easy win without any undue fuss. Willian your man of the match Wombat? No, I thought Kepa was world class. All those blocks, kamikaze flying saves and his command of the penalty area brought tears to my eyes, reminiscent of the great Lev Yashin. And a clean sheet as well, my word, those shots on target, all one of them (a deflected effort from Kane which bounced tamely into his hands) had me on the edge of my seat. He had such an easy time of it, he should have donated his match wages to charity in embarrassment.

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

Whether Mourinho was bamboozled by Franks tactical change or not, I was shocked at how lackluster Kane, Son, Alli and Moura were, especially in the first half. Tomori, Rudiger and Zouma had so much time on the ball to play out of defence, they could have had a picnic in between time. Whatever, it was an easy win without any undue fuss. Willian your man of the match Wombat? No, I thought Kepa was world class. All those blocks, kamikaze flying saves and his command of the penalty area brought tears to my eyes, reminiscent of the great Lev Yashin. And a clean sheet as well, my word, those shots on target, all one of them (a deflected effort from Kane which bounced tamely into his hands) had me on the edge of my seat. He had such an easy time of it, he should have donated his match wages to charity in embarrassment.

Yashin? My grandad used to tell me about him!

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Mourinho's concealed used by date is not far off being revealed...

You might be right Bob. I couldn't believe how negative they were, and that can only be down to the manager. Where were the surging runs of the front men? They just sat back and made it easy for us. We were ten times quicker all around the pitch.

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just saw the rerun. Very impressive display. Out played and out fought Spurs, who offered nothing. Brilliant display by Willian, best player on the pitch by far out of a very good team performance. It was a red card.

Thanks, I was away on Sunday so missed it live, caught up with it last night and agree with all that. Can we carry it into the next game? We'll have to wait for tomorrow for the next instalment of our Helter Skelter season! 

Forgot,what is definitely guaranteed tomorrow of course is another completely thuckking useless referee...plus added time for the deliberation on "Spot The Blaady Obvious"...thankfully Taylor had no idea that Alonso was in the box as Willian struck his penalty....but then again he wouldn,t ....as he was encroaching right in front of him????????????

At least the pair of love birds cannot vent their opinions blaming Alonso the Carthorse and Lump of Wood Kepa for that poor performance

Its been a reoccurring theme particular at the Bridge that opposing Mngrs have sussed us out by sitting deep and til this point of time ,Lamps has not found a answer to find a passage (goals)through

FWIW

Kante has to be immediately returned to defending midfeilder (arguably the best in the world)not high up the pitch

Cho and Emerson back to bench and let Lamp.s decide the rest .

A belated Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all

3 hours ago, deej said:

At least the pair of love birds cannot vent their opinions blaming Alonso the Carthorse and Lump of Wood Kepa for that poor performance

Its been a reoccurring theme particular at the Bridge that opposing Mngrs have sussed us out by sitting deep and til this point of time ,Lamps has not found a answer to find a passage (goals)through

FWIW

Kante has to be immediately returned to defending midfeilder (arguably the best in the world)not high up the pitch

The only love bird here is you and your reflection in the mirror.

On 12/23/2019 at 12:33 PM, Kadilo said:

Excellent win. Mourinho totally out smarted. Good to see his new humble persona didn’t last long. About as humiliating as it could get for him I would imagine. 

Disgraceful alleged racist abuse too. Let’s hope the moron(s) are identified on CCTV. The irony of their supporters labelling you Chavs. 

Let's hope that after all the furore rudiger has caused with his incorrect accusations he is man enough to apologize, failing that at least get his ears checked out.

7 hours ago, deej said:

FWIW

Imo he could have done better with there second goal,had he come out to get that ball with same gusto/momentum that he used for Alonso,s "hospital Pass" against Totts......but that is just being "argumentative"......a word you are all too familiar with eh??

Pleased for Tariq Lamptey to make the bench,obvious cover with (Reece out) for Dave just in case his hammy plays up.....the lads got loads of pace (super quick). Surprised that Pulisic is not anywhere to be seen....shame.

I,ll be honest i am not overly confident about this game......got to work really really hard and bury any sort of chance that comes our way......or else.

4 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Such a topsy turvy season. Glad we beat the Gooners but probably lose to Brighton on Wednesday...

They like Southampton will give us a game but,that win tonight was a turning point for many reasons imho,and atm we are slightly better away from home. 

Credit for me firstly goes to Jody Morris who rightly saw after less than 15 minutes that things were not right and that changes needed to made and made quick. Secondly Tariq Lamptey what a game to make your Premiership debut in losing away at Arsenal and Chelsea yet to come back from a losing position and then winning.....dream stuff for the young lad...well done.????????????

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Credit for me firstly goes to Jody Morris who rightly saw after less than 15 minutes that things were not right and that changes needed to made and made quick. Secondly Tariq Lamptey what a game to make your Premiership debut in losing away at Arsenal and Chelsea yet to come back from a losing position and then winning.....dream stuff for the young lad...well done.????????????

Yes, glad the changes were made quick unlike the Saints game. Lamptey looks good though I do think we need to spring for a center back in the Jan window.

8 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Credit for me firstly goes to Jody Morris who rightly saw after less than 15 minutes that things were not right and that changes needed to made and made quick. 

So your above opinion is that Jody Morris calls the shots on tactical changes ETC ETC???? and Lamps is there for the ride  ????

Bring back Motor Mouth????

Far from getting excited on ydays streaky win (apart from 3 points) but do take into consideration a very young squad in  transition and more bumps may come our way

My New Years Wish is

better Stamford Bridge performances.

A Very Happy New Year to all????

2 hours ago, deej said:

So your above opinion is that Jody Morris calls the shots on tactical changes ETC ETC???? and Lamps is there for the ride  ????

Bring back Motor Mouth????

So what did you think Jody was showing to Frank at 20 mins in.....the thuvcking after match menu....???

Archived