The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

21 minutes ago, hackjam said:

Young Gilmore play well last night?

He did very well and got man of the match, but the hype has been ridiculous. 

He will need to fill out a bit. Seems to have a bit about him too and well grounded. 

• Like 1

"Billy The Kid" was excellent not phased by anyone or anything....he will be a star,unlike Barkley this kid has a football brain;knows his position on the pitch and is aware of whats around him. Maybe a bit early for him to play twice in 4 days but with kante out Kovacic more than likely out and Jorghino suspended Rlc not up to match speed,Frank,s choices are limited. 

• Like 1

Super 1st half could be 3 or even 4 up....got to cut out the stupid errors though,cos that could so easily have given them something which there play so far does not deserve.

Stay focused and this will be 3 valuable points. Cotc

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Super 1st half could be 3 or even 4 up....got to cut out the stupid errors though,cos that could so easily have given them something which there play so far does not deserve.

Stay focused and this will be 3 valuable points. Cotc

Same ol' Everton.:)

Before the game, I was looking at the Everton side and thinking that their central defence had a flaky look and their midfield had three players that were good on the ball but lacked pace. 'We  can score against this mob' I thought, but equally they were capable of scoring against us. Alonso had to start because, and I never thought I'd ever say this, he actually marked Mane out of the game last week! Nothing like a couple of goals and a win against the European Champions to give you confidence. Then I saw Willian give Digne two yards and sail past him, Giroud win balls in the air with impunity and young Billy starting where he left off against Liverpool, and I knew then this would be our day.

• Like 2

Although E/ton were pants

take a easy three points anyday  and nice to see the Hit List led by The Tortise ,Lump of Wood. Headless Chicken and so on.  back again   Led by "Butch# Gilmour . Lamps  aided by  injury list.  found  a dynamic 4x3x3 combination last nite

But beware the Assasins  still have their guns cocked 

Poor Lost Souls????

Edited by deej

5 hours ago, oldgit said:

Before the game, I was looking at the Everton side and thinking that their central defence had a flaky look and their midfield had three players that were good on the ball but lacked pace. 'We  can score against this mob' I thought, but equally they were capable of scoring against us. Alonso had to start because, and I never thought I'd ever say this, he actually marked Mane out of the game last week! Nothing like a couple of goals and a win against the European Champions to give you confidence. Then I saw Willian give Digne two yards and sail past him, Giroud win balls in the air with impunity and young Billy starting where he left off against Liverpool, and I knew then this would be our day.

Must admit i was impressed by Pedro as i thought he had given everything he had to give on Tuesday night. I did like,as again happened on Tuesday that we were not implementing the "high Press".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Nice to see the players and officials all shaking hands at the end of the game :wacko:

As they'd all just spent the previous 90 minutes all running around together , dont think a hand shake at the end would make any difference 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

As they'd all just spent the previous 90 minutes all running around together , dont think a hand shake at the end would make any difference 

Made a difference at the begining....????????????

Edited by keithsimmonds

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

To be fair in the game I watched it was more like one lot running rings round the other lot than them all running around together!

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Very sad indeed....a truly great goalkeeper for us. RIP "The Cat".

Yeah, so many great memories of that team and the brilliant saves Bonetti conjured up. That night in Athens when we won the Cup Winners Cup and the pummelling he took whenever we faced Leeds. If it wasn't Mick Jones putting the boot in, it would be Hunter or Bremner.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, oldgit said:

According to most of the tabloids, Timo Werner will sign for Chelsea on a five year deal at 200 grand a week. I must say, he looks the part with blistering pace and movement.

Exciting times on the horizon,with possibly 4 buys coming in, 4 to 6 loan/youth players coming back/in and up to 10 players leaving......

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oldgit said:

According to most of the tabloids, Timo Werner will sign for Chelsea on a five year deal at 200 grand a week. I must say, he looks the part with blistering pace and movement.

Great buy for you guys. No idea why we didn't go for it ourselves as it seems both he and JK were apparently both keen to link up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

It seems that Chelsea are being linked with all and sundry, but Declan Rice for 60million? That's got to be a joke. Probably the most overrated player in the Premier League.

Good mate of Mason Mount and part of a very successful Chelsea youth team....but not really a must have for us regardless of price.

I think we will destroy Villa tomorrow....so many options for Frank too choose from,and with 5 subs allowed i can see him using all of them. Quite happy that the only player missing tomorrow is Jorginho...great football brain imo but too slow and cant tackle to save his life....so another chance for Billy to cement his place. Back 4 is a guessing game for me, Reece is a natural so should start, cant really see Frank dropping Dave for Emerson,Tomori is better than Christensen imho and i cant split Zouma and Rudiger. With Rubens Cho and Pulisic all fully fit,i see plenty of ammo will come Tammy,s way.  coyb

Oh and please none of that kneeling bow-larks. All Lives Matter.

• Like 1