The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Its a free forum, open to everyone - This thread is boring with just you 2 posting to each other every week - You need us to help liven it up a bit - Stop crying fella ????

images.jpeg-16.jpg

"Us?" You mean you.....with your me me me drivel about your Russell Hobbs /Rowenta kettle and your 10k large on Brazil to win the world cup and your never ending reference to "Rent Boys"...... You need to grow up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Your team, (Yes all 125 of them), have always been known as the "Rentboys" - There is not one football fan up & down the country who doesnt understand this terminology - Get over yourself - That's your name ????

Oh yea, i forgot - I have just taken delivery of a brand new imarflex 4 slot toaster - Don't like Russell Hobbs ????

Screenshot_20230122-195739_Lazada.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Its a free forum, open to everyone - This thread is boring with just you 2 posting to each other every week - You need us to help liven it up a bit - Stop crying fella ????

images.jpeg-16.jpg

But you've never got anything to say. Just reactive childish, girlie drivel. 

8 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Your team, (Yes all 125 of them), have always been known as the "Rentboys" - There is not one football fan up & down the country who doesnt understand this terminology - Get over yourself - That's your name ????

Oh yea, i forgot - I have just taken delivery of a brand new imarflex 4 slot toaster - Don't like Russell Hobbs ????

Screenshot_20230122-195739_Lazada.jpg

'Rentboys' is a recent phenomenon and was never used by rival supporters when I was a kid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldgit said:

'Rentboys' is a recent phenomenon and was never used by rival supporters when I was a kid.

Yea, but i wasn't talking about the 18th Century ????

Out of respect for my elders on here, i will refrain from calling the Rentboys, Rentboys anymore ????

6 hours ago, oldgit said:

I have researched and written about English football for 50 years. Never heard 'The Blues' called 'Rentboys'. Either the club or the supporters.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Out of respect for my elders on here, i will refrain from calling the Rentboys, Rentboys anymore ????

Quote.... " Have always been known as the Rentboys".

3 hours ago, RedArmy said:

The term "rentboys" stems from the 1980's from when a Television crew did a documentary about Chelsea hooligans and they had a television crew outside the house they lived , four of them shared a house .

One morning a hooligan looked out his bedroom window and saw the T.V crew and called his mate over from the back bedroom to have a look and from the television footage , it looked they they were sharing the same bedroom .

But you can continue to use the term if you want, it doesn't bother anyone .

Stamford Bridge is the Worlds most expensive real estate for a football pitch and if we were rentboys , you just wouldn't be able to afford us 

• Haha 1

Feeling so old now (66fwiw) given the childish postings on this thread from outsiders....obviously extremely talented individuals to come up with these detailed postings and pictures.....i think there combined age totals less than mine....by a long long way....still back to school for them on Monday.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Going to take time for the new recruits to settle in that,s for sure. Enzo looked very good and is a definite upgrade on Jorginho.

Fulham played very well and deserved there point...no relegation fears for them.

A feisty local derby with very little space to work in for either side, such was the covering and energy from both teams. The new recruits did well although Mudryk got no change out of Tete and was very quiet. We created the better chances but the goals aren't coming yet. Our defence was, as usual, impeccable, Reece working his way into the game and getting forward just before he was subbed off.

I'm surprised that Badiashile isn't in the Champions League squad, Beatrix feeling that Koulibally's experience will be more advantageous. 

9 hours ago, jellydog said:

Chelsea team bus arriving at Stamford Bridge for the game.

FoEIqCeaEAAyA08.thumb.jpg.c61836e6d0acaa154a0b1f0d957a1898.jpg

The 86 goes nowhere near Stamford Bridge. It runs between Romford and Stratford passing my old office on the way. Additionally, I can't see Boehly contacting London Transport and asking to lease one of their buses, even if it is custom built, can you? Another contrived piece of idiotic nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, jellydog said:

Chelsea team bus arriving at Stamford Bridge for the game.

FoEIqCeaEAAyA08.thumb.jpg.c61836e6d0acaa154a0b1f0d957a1898.jpg

I don't think the '86' runs to Romford Station.

Wrong side of London that one. All Iron;s supporters in Ronford.

14 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I don't think the '86' runs to Romford Station.

Wrong side of London that one. All Iron;s supporters in Ronford.

Yeah, an enormous West Ham fan base around Romford, Chadwell Heath, IIford down to Stratford and out to Harlow. All the lads that I worked with supported "yer 'Ammers".

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 12:27 PM, oldgit said:

A feisty local derby with very little space to work in for either side, such was the covering and energy from both teams. The new recruits did well although Mudryk got no change out of Tete and was very quiet. We created the better chances but the goals aren't coming yet. Our defence was, as usual, impeccable, Reece working his way into the game and getting forward just before he was subbed off.

I'm surprised that Badiashile isn't in the Champions League squad, Beatrix feeling that Koulibally's experience will be more advantageous. 

I was surprised about Badiashile,s omission,given that Chilwell James and Fofana have all had lengthy injuries and neither Fofana or Chilwell will be match fit for Dortmund next week,i would like to say that Potter knows what he is doing...but i am not so sure about that.

I think we have to beat WHU on Saturday and get a win or draw against Dortmund or He is gone.

Saturdays starting 11 should not include Mount imho.

8 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I was surprised about Badiashile,s omission,given that Chilwell James and Fofana have all had lengthy injuries and neither Fofana or Chilwell will be match fit for Dortmund next week,i would like to say that Potter knows what he is doing...but i am not so sure about that.

I think we have to beat WHU on Saturday and get a win or draw against Dortmund or He is gone.

Saturdays starting 11 should not include Mount imho.

Yeah, Mount has been below form for some time now. Mudryk had a heavy cold hence his poor game against Fulham. Why start the bloke if he was ill? Madueke came on for him and looked lively. Felix should definitely start against West Ham. I'd also start Koulibally in place of Badiashile to give him some game time before the Dortmund game. I think Kova is fit so he should start as well. With Fernandez pulling the strings, we should have too much pace for their midfield. Apparently, Aubameyang turned up for training "on time" after returning from his break in Milan. That's the first thing he's done right since he's been at the club.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yeah, Mount has been below form for some time now. Mudryk had a heavy cold hence his poor game against Fulham. Why start the bloke if he was ill? Madueke came on for him and looked lively. Felix should definitely start against West Ham. I'd also start Koulibally in place of Badiashile to give him some game time before the Dortmund game. I think Kova is fit so he should start as well. With Fernandez pulling the strings, we should have too much pace for their midfield. Apparently, Aubameyang turned up for training "on time" after returning from his break in Milan. That's the first thing he's done right since he's been at the club.

Agreed on Koulibally and Kova and Felix ...who will probably partner Havertz.

Maybe Bads will start and Thiago gets a rest.

One thing is for certain young manager or not (give him time..not going to happen imo)..if he thuccks it up on Saturday he is history.....can already see and will certainly hear Mou touting himself for a 3rd spell?

12 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Agreed on Koulibally and Kova and Felix ...who will probably partner Havertz.

Maybe Bads will start and Thiago gets a rest.

One thing is for certain young manager or not (give him time..not going to happen imo)..if he thuccks it up on Saturday he is history.....can already see and will certainly hear Mou touting himself for a 3rd spell?

I can't have Mourinho coming back Keith. When he first came to us, he was young, hungry and desperate to prove himself in the Premier League, but now he sees himself as a celebrity, the coach who's been there, done it and bought the tee shirt. An old man who's had his day..

31 minutes ago, oldgit said:

I can't have Mourinho coming back Keith. When he first came to us, he was young, hungry and desperate to prove himself in the Premier League, but now he sees himself as a celebrity, the coach who's been there, done it and bought the tee shirt. An old man who's had his day..

I also cant have him...lost all forms hunger and motivation.....Cant have Conte back either...he has soiled himself.

7 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I also cant have him...lost all forms hunger and motivation.....Cant have Conte back either...he has soiled himself.

Another bloke I can't have is Luis Enrique. All he's achieved in his managerial career has been at Barcelona. No barometer for assessing a manager's quality. The boring old fart down the local would even do well at that place.