The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I think the bench is going to be crucial in this game as it has at 5 players on it I would have started... Still expecting a win but that might come late on. ????

It's marvelous what a Champions League win can do to a team's confidence. Now, even the subs. are desperate to play and show their worth. A lovely bit of skill by Koulibally to set up Chilwell for his volley. that's what you get for being two footed, something that all professional players should be bar none. Mudryk started off fairly quiet, but grew into his central attacking role as the game wore on. Overall, a very satisfactory win with some sublime football at times.

14 hours ago, swerve said:

Chelsea play Real Madrid in the CL quarters, and then would take on the winner of Bayern/City in the semis.  And then Napoli in the finals?  Couldn't have had a tougher draw. lmao

Yeah, a toughie alright. All the TV judges have Real Madrid over the line already!

18 hours ago, swerve said:

Chelsea play Real Madrid in the CL quarters, and then would take on the winner of Bayern/City in the semis.  And then Napoli in the finals?  Couldn't have had a tougher draw. lmao

Tougher than coming back with ten men at the Bernebau? Tougher than being a goal down in Munich with a couple of minutes to go? Tougher than City in a final?

2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Tougher than coming back with ten men at the Bernebau? Tougher than being a goal down in Munich with a couple of minutes to go? Tougher than City in a final?

Er... No No and No ????

Last year Alonso was in our starting line up and we beat them and that was at there gaff. They will probably have 2 maybe 3 changes in there line up from that game.... we will probably have 6.... All upgrades imho....plus a game changing bench.

Onwards and upwards ????

• Like 1

We deserved and should of got all 3 points. What cost us imho was those late changes (2 on 86mins) we were all at sea for there equaliser because of that ...such a waste. I also think Kepa could have done better for both there goals,he just seems routed to the spot and doesn,t command his area at free kicks or corners.

Conor looked all at sea when he came on and struggled to hold down anything positive,he needs to start matches but that aint going to happen here so off to Palace for 40mil and he will start every game (Which is what he wants)

Not impressed by Pulisic,he can definitely go.

We currently have a squad of 31 players plus another 22 on loan,of the loanees i expect 3 to be added to the 31 plus at least 1 player that we are already committed to signing ........bottom line 10 have to go ????

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

We deserved and should of got all 3 points. What cost us imho was those late changes (2 on 86mins) we were all at sea for there equaliser because of that ...such a waste. I also think Kepa could have done better for both there goals,he just seems routed to the spot and doesn,t command his area at free kicks or corners.

Conor looked all at sea when he came on and struggled to hold down anything positive,he needs to start matches but that aint going to happen here so off to Palace for 40mil and he will start every game (Which is what he wants)

Not impressed by Pulisic,he can definitely go.

We currently have a squad of 31 players plus another 22 on loan,of the loanees i expect 3 to be added to the 31 plus at least 1 player that we are already committed to signing ........bottom line 10 have to go ????

We seem to lose concentration and focus when we went ahead both times. It seemed like some players thought their job was done, when we scored, and stopped working. Particularly galling is the number of corners we got which came to nothing yet, from their second, they manage to scramble an equaliser. Definitely upset the rhythm of the team when Forfana and Kovacic came off. 

• Like 1

10+to go.... Pulisic Ziyech Auba Lukaku Dave Mendy Sarr Bakayoko Rahman Ampudu...

Probably go but could stay Mount and Gallagher and Sterling

Probably stay but could go or go on loan.... Loftus Cheek  Hall DFofana.

I expect levi Colwill to join the squad and maybe Dujon Sterling and Bashir Humphries.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

10+to go.... Pulisic Ziyech Auba Lukaku Dave Mendy Sarr Bakayoko Rahman Ampudu...

Probably go but could stay Mount and Gallagher and Sterling

Probably stay but could go or go on loan.... Loftus Cheek  Hall DFofana.

I expect levi Colwill to join the squad and maybe Dujon Sterling and Bashir Humphries.

Agreed.  It's a huge squad and in need of a clear out.  Also need to make some room for new players as you mention. Will be problems moving players due to their contracts.  Few clubs will want players on the salaries that Chelsea have given.  Plenty players may be able to go on loans. 

Not my money, so I can watch this scene as a spectator.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, swerve said:

Agreed.  It's a huge squad and in need of a clear out.  Also need to make some room for new players as you mention. Will be problems moving players due to their contracts.  Few clubs will want players on the salaries that Chelsea have given.  Plenty players may be able to go on loans. 

Not my money, so I can watch this scene as a spectator.

They’re business people, they understand the basic principle that reducing a loss is exactly the same as increasing profit at the end of the year.

If that means taking a hit to move players on, so be it. This could come by way of reduced selling fees, canceling or paying off contracts, or even subsidized loans or salaries.

Clearing out unwanted players is an area where the previous administration failed miserably, despite incredible success in other areas.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, oldgit said:

The exodus begins. The head groundsman and his son have just been given the boot.

I read about that yesterday - Heard he had been there for 30 years ??? Bit out of order sacking such a long time server to a club.

17 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I read about that yesterday - Heard he had been there for 30 years ??? Bit out of order sacking such a long time server to a club.

Not sure how you’ve leaped to that conclusion as the reasons for it have not been made public.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

69% possession

27 shots to there 5

8 shots on target to there 2

0 saves by kepa and 7 by Martinez

Yep we deserved to lose that :unsure:.

Some purely dreadful passing at times by our boys and dreadful decision making,but it comes after an international break where nearly all that team were away on duty for there respective countries...not an excuse just a reason for us not clicking as a team from minute one. If we had been battered by Villa then yeah i,d be pulling my hair but we weren,t. Just have to suck it up and smash Liverpool on Tuesday.....and thats it....simples.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

69% possession

27 shots to there 5

Some purely dreadful passing at times by our boys and dreadful decision making,but it comes after an international break where nearly all that team were away on duty for there respective countries...not an excuse just a reason for us not clicking as a team from minute one. If we had been battered by Villa then yeah i,d be pulling my hair but we weren,t. Just have to suck it up and smash Liverpool on Tuesday.....and thats it....simples.

Yeah Keith, one of those days where, whatever we did, wasn't going to amount to anything so, the piss was taken and we were then punished accordingly. The experiment with Mudryk, playing as a central attacker, isn't working so back on the wing with him where he can attack the full back. We need young Wesley to return for Tuesday so Reece can play where he's best suited, as an attacking winger. A painful lesson in not taking your chances when their available.

• Haha 1

Stupid decision to sack him now,absolutely stupid...glad mind you..cant stand managers who applaud players who have just booted the ball 30feet over the bar.

Terry is at the club get him involved and get Conte back in to see out the season ...pretty sure he is out of work.

Cue cartoon network to invade this thread with adult cartoons and graphics...i,m off to do my paper round.....latersssss.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/3/2023 at 8:13 AM, keithsimmonds said:

Stupid decision to sack him now,absolutely stupid...glad mind you..cant stand managers who applaud players who have just booted the ball 30feet over the bar.

Terry is at the club get him involved and get Conte back in to see out the season ...pretty sure he is out of work.

Cue cartoon network to invade this thread with adult cartoons and graphics...i,m off to do my paper round.....latersssss.

Agree that Terry should be more involved. His knowledge of the club and personnel would be invaluable to whoever replaces Potter. I'd be surprised if we see Conte again this season. He's had a serious illness and hasn't given himself much time to recover, and that outburst a couple of weeks ago, was his sign that he wanted out. 

My opinion is that we need a good, young manager who's full of himself. Another Mourinho in his pomp and not the shuffling old greybeard he is now. Young enough to identify with the young squad we've got but aloof enough to show that he is the guvnor.

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Agree that Terry should be more involved. His knowledge of the club and personnel would be invaluable to whoever replaces Potter. I'd be surprised if we see Conte again this season. He's had a serious illness and hasn't given himself much time to recover, and that outburst a couple of weeks ago, was his sign that he wanted out. 

My opinion is that we need a good, young manager who's full of himself. Another Mourinho in his pomp and not the shuffling old greybeard he is now. Young enough to identify with the young squad we've got but aloof enough to show that he is the guvnor.

Your right Og about Conte...i just wanted to see someone on the touchline with a bit passion and fire about him...instead of a wet blanket that was there before.

Best thing now for the club is not to appoint a new coach/manager until the season is over....Just get Terry Lamps and A.Cole to take over till the end of the season,hell get Holland back as well England dont need him atm...the players and fans would respect them imho as they are all serial winners and Chelsea through and through.

Edited by keithsimmonds

On 4/2/2023 at 11:00 AM, keithsimmonds said:

69% possession

27 shots to there 5

If you don't put the ball in the net you lose.

UTV

On 4/4/2023 at 6:46 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Your right Og about Conte...i just wanted to see someone on the touchline with a bit passion and fire about him...instead of a wet blanket that was there before.

Best thing now for the club is not to appoint a new coach/manager until the season is over....Just get Terry Lamps and A.Cole to take over till the end of the season,hell get Holland back as well England dont need him atm...the players and fans would respect them imho as they are all serial winners and Chelsea through and through.

"Your wish is my command, O Master!" It looks certain that Frank will take over, at least until the end of the season. Time will tell but I think that's a good move by the board.

Looking at the reports from the tabloids, you'd think it was a 90 minute borefest against Liverpool. I'm sure some of them don't watch the game, look at the 0-0 scoreline, and assume it was a crap. I thought it was an interesting game, with some terrific link up play from us, resulting in chances that we couldn't put away or stopped by VAR. Bloody confidence! Many stand out performances starting with Felix, who was a constant thorn in Liverpool's side (sign him up permanently now), Kante who never ceases to amaze me. You'd think he'd never been away for 5 months! Koulibally was excellent against two very dangerous forwards in Jota and Darwin and many others who played there part.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

"Your wish is my command, O Master!" It looks certain that Frank will take over, at least until the end of the season. Time will tell but I think that's a good move by the board.

Looking at the reports from the tabloids, you'd think it was a 90 minute borefest against Liverpool. I'm sure some of them don't watch the game, look at the 0-0 scoreline, and assume it was a crap. I thought it was an interesting game, with some terrific link up play from us, resulting in chances that we couldn't put away or stopped by VAR. Bloody confidence! Many stand out performances starting with Felix, who was a constant thorn in Liverpool's side (sign him up permanently now), Kante who never ceases to amaze me. You'd think he'd never been away for 5 months! Koulibally was excellent against two very dangerous forwards in Jota and Darwin and many others who played there part.

I,ll  be amazed and gutted if Frank does n,t get Terry involved as well. What he must n,t do is alienate any players like he did in his 1st spell (Rudiger) i hope and expect that he has learnt from that and everyone gets a clean slate. I bet a smile has now returned on Mason,s face ...especially if true about agreeing a new contract.

As for that game ...yet another we should have won in a canter but indecisive and pi** poor shooting cost us yet again.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/6/2023 at 3:41 PM, keithsimmonds said:

I,ll  be amazed and gutted if Frank does n,t get Terry involved as well. What he must n,t do is alienate any players like he did in his 1st spell (Rudiger) i hope and expect that he has learnt from that and everyone gets a clean slate. I bet a smile has now returned on Mason,s face ...especially if true about agreeing a new contract.

As for that game ...yet another we should have won in a canter but indecisive and pi** poor shooting cost us yet again.

He fell out with some at Everton (Michael Keane, Gordon, Alli, McNeil), a bad habit to have.

That was pretty crap.. Pulisic I will not pass.. Sterling.. Nah don't really fancy it.. Gallagher king of the yellow cards.. Chilwell don't touch me or I ll fall over...

Why start fofana when Bads can't play champion league... That is dumb Frank....

Prior to Potter's sacking I really thought we could beat RM in there own back yard and put that tie to bed in one leg... Ain't so sure anymore.