The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

15 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Another bloke I can't have is Luis Enrique. All he's achieved in his managerial career has been at Barcelona. No barometer for assessing a manager's quality. The boring old fart down the local would even do well at that place.

Chelsea is a 2 man Job even more so with 32 player's + at least 6 playable loaneese and youth to choose from.... I am JT all day plus another.. Who? I don't care. Yeah I want Potter to get it right and quick, but equally get wrong and exit quick.

16 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Chelsea is a 2 man Job even more so with 32 player's + at least 6 playable loaneese and youth to choose from.... I am JT all day plus another.. Who? I don't care. Yeah I want Potter to get it right and quick, but equally get wrong and exit quick.

JT returning as the 'man' would be a dream come true. With Mourinho as his No. 2, the squad wouldn't know what hit them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I thuccking hate watching us play, so so glad I ain't at the game otherwise I would have chinned someone... Probably Loftus Cheek orJames or Silva for being so thuccking slow on the ball, Ziyech for making dumb fouls and definetly the ref who was absolute garbage along with the var twatt.

Just like the Liverpool game we should have won that in a canter... Ughhh

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I thuccking hate watching us play, so so glad I ain't at the game otherwise I would have chinned someone... Probably Loftus Cheek orJames or Silva for being so thuccking slow on the ball, Ziyech for making dumb fouls and definetly the ref who was absolute garbage along with the var twatt.

Just like the Liverpool game we should have won that in a canter... Ughhh

Prior to their goal, where Reece and Madueke were still fast asleep in their cots, we were p*****ng all over them for skill, pace and movement. That goal gave them confidence and their out ball to Antonio gave our centre backs problems from then on. You could see Cucurella is in a crisis of confidence, where he preferred to pass back instead of using Mudryk to attack Coufal. Loads of times, Mudryk made the runs into space but with no reward. Havertz must be top of the list, when it comes to straying offside. Did we have the Three Blind Mice in the VAR booth? Scandalous decision at the end. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, oldgit said:

Prior to their goal, where Reece and Madueke were still fast asleep in their cots, we were p*****ng all over them for skill, pace and movement. That goal gave them confidence and their out ball to Antonio gave our centre backs problems from then on. You could see Cucurella is in a crisis of confidence, where he preferred to pass back instead of using Mudryk to attack Coufal. Loads of times, Mudryk made the runs into space but with no reward. Havertz must be top of the list, when it comes to straying offside. Did we have the Three Blind Mice in the VAR booth? Scandalous decision at the end. 

Yet another poor decision in not adding David Fofana to the Champions League Squad....would n,t mind betting he starts and scores against Southampton next week.

I am not really sure what is going to keep Potter in a job,the fact that it is more money down the drain to pay off him and his staff maybe?

Following on from our Jt /Jose management partnership ...i would also settle for Thomas Frank and he can bring the gambler with him ????

22 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Yet another poor decision in not adding David Fofana to the Champions League Squad....would n,t mind betting he starts and scores against Southampton next week.

I am not really sure what is going to keep Potter in a job,the fact that it is more money down the drain to pay off him and his staff maybe?

Following on from our Jt /Jose management partnership ...i would also settle for Thomas Frank and he can bring the gambler with him ????

The accusation of illegal gambling doesn't seem to have affected Toney's form. A real handful with Mbuema causing havoc as well. Is Thomas Frank capable of stepping into the Chelsea cauldron after managing a relatively small club like Brentford, as Potter knows only too well? I have my doubts. Whatever, Potter needs a positive result against Dortmund or, at the very least Southampton to stay in the job, that's for sure. The Prem. sacked managers are racking up mate!

Gutted..did more than enough to win the game let alone a draw. Koulibaly was excellent seeing as he has not played in any of our last 3 games. Rlc and Enzo were solid,Felix was a real handful especially in that 1st half,him and Havertz combined really well. 3 weeks till the second leg,plenty of time for the lads to bed in.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/12/2023 at 7:11 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Quite a pessimistic post that.

Chelsea can certainly win through to the next round. should have got a draw by all accounts.

I didn't like Potter going to west London. I thought Brighton would struggle. But no! Just shows that he built something special there. Although I don't watch them live, I do read all the reports. He is the right guy for the job IMO.

Some of these clubs are so up-themselves, that they think they should be on top all the time. Liverpool and Spurs are the same. Stop moaning and enjoy this wonderful sport, with its traumatic ups and downs.

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Gutted..did more than enough to win the game let alone a draw. Koulibaly was excellent seeing as he has not played in any of our last 3 games. Rlc and Enzo were solid,Felix was a real handful especially in that 1st half,him and Havertz combined really well. 3 weeks till the second leg,plenty of time for the lads to bed in.

Yeah, disappointing that we couldn't have, at least, got a draw with all the clear cut chances we created. We have a very exciting group of players now. Mudryk and Felix are having problems seeing out a match, which is understandable considering how little competitive football they've played before they came to us. Saying that, I'm highly delighted with both of them. It won't be long before they're up to speed.

I can't criticise anybody for their lack of effort. It's just that we need to be more clinical and put these chances away. I thought Reece had an outstanding game. He's definitely back to his best now.

5 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yeah, disappointing that we couldn't have, at least, got a draw with all the clear cut chances we created. We have a very exciting group of players now. Mudryk and Felix are having problems seeing out a match, which is understandable considering how little competitive football they've played before they came to us. Saying that, I'm highly delighted with both of them. It won't be long before they're up to speed.

I can't criticise anybody for their lack of effort. It's just that we need to be more clinical and put these chances away. I thought Reece had an outstanding game. He's definitely back to his best now.

Don,t know about you Og but i thought Bellingham was lucky to stay on the pitch,his yellow card tackle was nothing compared to one he committed later on.

• Thumbs Up 1

An enjoyable match to watch, even if CFC didn't win.  IMO Chilwell, James, Ziyech, KK, Silva, and RLC played well.  Felix really needs to be more clinical.  I wasn't impressed with Enzo or Kepa on the goal. Cucu running around, as he does, was amusing.

Thought Wesley Fofana played well, and was one of the few positive,s to take from that defeat. Felix was running out of energy in Dortmund so not sure why he featured at all. Mount playing as the main striker was just plain weird, with failing contract talks for him his head is definitely not going to be in the right place, his future has to be resolved ASAP for the good of the club and him... Whether staying or going?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Thought Wesley Fofana played well, and was one of the few positive,s to take from that defeat. Felix was running out of energy in Dortmund so not sure why he featured at all. Mount playing as the main striker was just plain weird, with failing contract talks for him his head is definitely not going to be in the right place, his future has to be resolved ASAP for the good of the club and him... Whether staying or going?

That first half was abysmal. It reminded me of kids playing football in the playground. No cohesion, no leadership, no method and no effort. My patience with Potter is at an end. Absolutely agree with you about Mount, Keith. He ran around as though he was lost and should be benched until the club and him sort out his contract. Plenty of chances to equalise in the second half, but you just knew that ball was never going to nestle in the back of the net. Fernandez? 100 million? He's not worth 100 quid on that performance! He was like a younger Jorginho, slow in thought and possession as though he was not interested in playing against lowly old Southampton. That bloke they got in from New Zealand to toughen up their mentality and team ethic was a complete waste of money. Let's hope Azpi' is alright.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oldgit said:

That first half was abysmal. It reminded me of kids playing football in the playground. No cohesion, no leadership, no method and no effort. My patience with Potter is at an end. Absolutely agree with you about Mount, Keith. He ran around as though he was lost and should be benched until the club and him sort out his contract. Plenty of chances to equalise in the second half, but you just knew that ball was never going to nestle in the back of the net. Fernandez? 100 million? He's not worth 100 quid on that performance! He was like a younger Jorginho, slow in thought and possession as though he was not interested in playing against lowly old Southampton. That bloke they got in from New Zealand to toughen up their mentality and team ethic was a complete waste of money. Let's hope Azpi' is alright.

I lost patience with Potter ages ago, and i am now resigned to the fact that he aint going nowhere. All our eggs are now in one Big Eared basket,top 4 qualification has gone.

Got to save Koulibaly Silva Felix Havertz Mudryk Chilwell Fofana(w)James Enzo Dennis Ziyech for the Dortmund Leg.

Mount cant play again until his contract is settled... that is and should be a no brainer.

Conor and Auba and Sterling plus Hall and Chalobah should start next week plus others...

That Southampton match was a really rough watch.  Hope Azpil gets well soon.  How that dangerous play from Mara didn't warrant a red is beyond me.  EPL referees (VAR included) are poor this year imho. Lee Mason was released this week and hopefully more incompetent officials will follow.

I am not sure that Potter will survive this loss.  The whole team (maybe minus the  W Fofana cameo) was outplayed by SH and it felt like they wouldn't score.  I don't where the club goes from here.  

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I lost patience with Potter ages ago, and i am now resigned to the fact that he aint going nowhere. All our eggs are now in one Big Eared basket,top 4 qualification has gone.

Got to save Koulibaly Silva Felix Havertz Mudryk Chilwell Fofana(w)James Enzo Dennis Ziyech for the Dortmund Leg.

Mount cant play again until his contract is settled... that is and should be a no brainer.

Conor and Auba and Sterling plus Hall and Chalobah should start next week plus others...

Plenty of time between the Spurs and Dortmund games (8 days), so I reckon we should play our best possible team in both games, although maybe Felix (needs a rest now) and Mudryk on the bench as impact subs. against Spurs. Defensively we're sorted while, in midfield, we have enough pace and talent to cause Spurs big problems. Attack is the problem area. We can't hit a barn door with a banjo which means confidence is low. We still need energy and rapid closing down of their dodgy defence though, so unless his attitude has changed dramatically, no room for Aubameyang. I can't believe how bone idle the bloke is. If he wants to get away, surely he's got to start showing other clubs and his beloved Barca that he's worth the money. No doubting his talent when he fancies getting out of a slow walk though. Reece should definitely start in both games. 

I see Beatrix has got the dreaded nod of approval from Todd Boehly and the board but, in this case, I think he's safe at least until the end of the season. With an inflated squad of 33 through no fault of his own, Potter and his staff have had to deal with a situation he's never encountered previously. How to keep this lot happy. An impossible state of affairs with a mixture of experienced inflated egos and young guns desperate to prove their worth. Guaranteed that, come summer, there will be a massive clear out but that doesn't help the cause now.

At the moment, it seems like Potter is trying to appease everybody by chopping and changing, which is understandable considering his range of options and talent at his disposal. But, all the supporters see, is a team losing and a man without a plan. Is the solution to come clean with probably, say 10 players and tell them now that they will be gone in a few months and work with the remaining 23 for the rest of the season? That would be a gamble, especially when some influential players are looking for new contracts, so won't be certain to stay.

The only sure way to get everybody on side, is to let the squad know that ALL places are up for grabs, week in week out and selections will be taken on merit, what each individual does in training, whether they show a strong mentality needed at this time to win games, leadership and guts on and off the field. Any rumblings of discontent by any player will not be tolerated. It's a team ethic that's required now, not some prima donna feeling sorry for himself.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldgit said:

I see Beatrix has got the dreaded nod of approval from Todd Boehly and the board but, in this case, I think he's safe at least until the end of the season. With an inflated squad of 33 through no fault of his own, Potter and his staff have had to deal with a situation he's never encountered previously. How to keep this lot happy. An impossible state of affairs with a mixture of experienced inflated egos and young guns desperate to prove their worth. Guaranteed that, come summer, there will be a massive clear out but that doesn't help the cause now.

At the moment, it seems like Potter is trying to appease everybody by chopping and changing, which is understandable considering his range of options and talent at his disposal. But, all the supporters see, is a team losing and a man without a plan. Is the solution to come clean with probably, say 10 players and tell them now that they will be gone in a few months and work with the remaining 23 for the rest of the season? That would be a gamble, especially when some influential players are looking for new contracts, so won't be certain to stay.

The only sure way to get everybody on side, is to let the squad know that ALL places are up for grabs, week in week out and selections will be taken on merit, what each individual does in training, whether they show a strong mentality needed at this time to win games, leadership and guts on and off the field. Any rumblings of discontent by any player will not be tolerated. It's a team ethic that's required now, not some prima donna feeling sorry for himself.

Bottom half of the EPL table, but a ChLg finalist. Decisions, decisions!

On 2/20/2023 at 10:55 AM, oldgit said:

Plenty of time between the Spurs and Dortmund games (8 days), so I reckon we should play our best possible team in both games, although maybe Felix (needs a rest now) and Mudryk on the bench as impact subs. against Spurs. Defensively we're sorted while, in midfield, we have enough pace and talent to cause Spurs big problems. Attack is the problem area. We can't hit a barn door with a banjo which means confidence is low. We still need energy and rapid closing down of their dodgy defence though, so unless his attitude has changed dramatically, no room for Aubameyang. I can't believe how bone idle the bloke is. If he wants to get away, surely he's got to start showing other clubs and his beloved Barca that he's worth the money. No doubting his talent when he fancies getting out of a slow walk though. Reece should definitely start in both games. 

Doggone it! We've got a game against Leeds on 4th. March, 3 days before the Dortmund game. Your right Keith, a bit of squad rotation is required. Should've gone to Specsavers.

On 2/21/2023 at 7:38 PM, oldgit said:

Doggone it! We've got a game against Leeds on 4th. March, 3 days before the Dortmund game. Your right Keith, a bit of squad rotation is required. Should've gone to Specsavers.

Got to treat Sundays game as the Dortmund 2nd leg...a must win. Had a week off so plenty of time to work with players and have a game plan..no excuses!!!

• Like 1

Nothing positive to say about that, other than glad to see Dennis back. Auba should have been brought on earlier and Mutley... A really really <deleted> performance given that was probably the team that would face Dortmund.

Chilwell for me has to grow a pair, constantly goes down no matter what contact.

• Thumbs Up 1

Chelsea: Another rough match! Again CFC didn't look like they would score any goals.  At the moment, Chelsea may be the worst team in the EPL.  Boehly should stop attending matches.  I'm tired of looking at his dejected mug.

Spurs: Richarlison is a turf magnet and the whiniest player in the league. Maybe there is an award for that, which he can win at seasons end. Romero is partially (maybe fully) psycho and the most disliked player in the league.  He should start every game with an automatic yellow to protect the other players.