Worst Joke Ever 2024

12 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Your wish ...

And Joe Brown playing All Things Bright & Beautiful turned me onto playing guitar.. 

Uncle what was he called? 

Just remembered Uncle Mac. Then that DJ took over.

Edited by KannikaP

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Brilliant. Thanks. Reminds me of Children's Favourites on the Light Programme.

Now let's have Three Billy Goats Gruff to help the Trolls on here.

Say no more squire, Say no more.

As an alternative there is this.

Now you are spoiled for choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Sandy Mac Pherson

According to Wikipedia,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Favourites

Uncle Mac was Derek McCulloch, known as Uncle Mac.

The programme played requests from children of all ages. For the first 11 years of its run, the programme was introduced by Derek McCulloch, known as Uncle Mac. McCulloch's grandfatherly tone was quintessentially 'old-school' BBC.[2] His opening words "Hello children, everywhere!", his catch-phrase was a modification of his much earlier closing words "Goodnight children, everywhere" on Children's Hour.

He was the one that I remember until I left home in January 1960. 

McCulloch made his last broadcast in 1965 and several other presenters were tried including Leslie Crowther. After BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 2 were launched, the show was renamed Junior Choice and simultaneously broadcast on both stations.

I only have a very vague memory of Sandy MacPherson. All I can remember is the announcer saying something like " and here is Sandy MacPherson at the theatre organ".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_MacPherson

After the war, MacPherson also periodically gave recitals on parish church organs in England and Wales. He retired from the position of BBC Theatre Organist in 1963 and the BBC sold the 5-manual 27-rank Moller organ, it being assumed that the days of theatre-organ music were over, with audience numbers for this genre fast declining.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

According to Wikipedia,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Favourites

Uncle Mac was Derek McCulloch, known as Uncle Mac.

The programme played requests from children of all ages. For the first 11 years of its run, the programme was introduced by Derek McCulloch, known as Uncle Mac. McCulloch's grandfatherly tone was quintessentially 'old-school' BBC.[2] His opening words "Hello children, everywhere!", his catch-phrase was a modification of his much earlier closing words "Goodnight children, everywhere" on Children's Hour.

He was the one that I remember until I left home in January 1960. 

McCulloch made his last broadcast in 1965 and several other presenters were tried including Leslie Crowther. After BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 2 were launched, the show was renamed Junior Choice and simultaneously broadcast on both stations.

I only have a very vague memory of Sandy MacPherson. All I can remember is the announcer saying something like " and here is Sandy MacPherson at the theatre organ".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_MacPherson

After the war, MacPherson also periodically gave recitals on parish church organs in England and Wales. He retired from the position of BBC Theatre Organist in 1963 and the BBC sold the 5-manual 27-rank Moller organ, it being assumed that the days of theatre-organ music were over, with audience numbers for this genre fast declining.

Thank you, and I have just posted my apology for getting it wrong.

Rock on Wikipedia!

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

"Hello children, everywhere!", his catch-phrase was a modification of his much earlier closing words "Goodnight children, everywhere" on Children's Hour.

Listen to Ringo's last words, written by John, on Goodnight off The White Album.....Goodnight everybody, everybody, everywhere.