Britain can end Brexit unilaterally, EU court advisor says

snoop1130

53 minutes ago, tebee said:

Norway considers the UK as a possible abusive partner 

What have we done to our reputation abroad?

Well, UK is not welcome to EFTA after she Brexit's. Where UK will find her future friends?

4 hours ago, bomber said:

spain and portugal are only 2 nations of the 27 or 7-8% of the EU,they were never industrial powers like the UK once WAS,my partner is portuguese and tells me there is work there despite what the figures say and there is a big black economy.

You conveniently forgot the main problems here as Greece and Italy. Black economies do not figure in any conventional statists by the way. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tebee said:

Norway considers the UK as a possible abusive partner 

What have we done to our reputation abroad?

never heard of the lady before now,

she is a conservative MP, from the same party as the PM 

and the minister of foreign affairs

What now?

(can't really see that a GE would make much of a difference)

(maybe I have the wrong glasses, but cannot really see that deal delivers on the ref, at least not much)

A - revoke A50 and remain in EU

B - go back to Brussels and ask for fixes to deal

C - vote down the deal

D - make amendments to deal so that HoC gives green light (fixes must later be sold in Brussels though)

E - hard Brexit

If deal is voted down then HB and remain are two obvious options parliament is left with,

can hardly say that remain delivers, guess a remain decision would upset quite a few

or

HB, not much traction for that in parliament, not within Labour either, as I see it.

guess TM still has a slim chance,

quite simply because it is the easiest and most comfortable way out for parliament.

(theory:

new government, not DUPed, go back to Brussels and ask for prolongation of A50 period

and negotiate a new deal, let chief DUP and chief SNP shout as much as they want)

25 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

What now?

(maybe I have the wrong glasses, but cannot really see that deal delivers on the ref, at least not much)

C - vote down the deal

D - make amendments to deal so that HoC gives green light (fixes must later be sold in Brussels though)

E - hard Brexit

If deal is voted down then HB and remain are two obvious options parliament is left with,

can hardly say that remain delivers, guess a remain decision would upset quite a few

or

HB, not much traction for that in parliament, not within Labour either, as I see it.

quite simply because it is the easiest and most comfortable way out for parliament.

(theory:

new government, not DUPed, go back to Brussels and ask for prolongation of A50 period

and negotiate a new deal, let chief DUP and chief SNP shout as much as they want)

I think if article 50 is revoked that the riots in Paris would be quite miniscule compared to the unrest by the people of the UK denied their democrotic right.

However here is a brexit map for your perusal, quite a few scenarios.

IMG_20181206_185141.jpg

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

Oh now you have explained it so eloquently, it all makes sense now.

You don't think it's incumbent upon someone who claims that the violence will be many times greater than in France to provide some evidence that this would be the case? Yours was the original claim.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

You don't think it's incumbent upon someone who claims that the violence will be many times greater than in France to provide some evidence that this would be the case? Yours was the original claim.

Can I just say at this point that I do not possess Mother Shiptons ability to predict the future nor would I want to. My opinion was only that, an opinion. 

Furthermore I have no intention of playing games with you.

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Can I just say at this point that I do not possess Mother Shiptons ability to predict the future nor would I want to. My opinion was only that, an opinion. 

Furthermore I have no intention of playing games with you.

I call out BS where I see it. Whether it's about an exaggerated claim of UK weakness made by a remainer (see post at top of this page) or an overheated emotionally driven claim like yours.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I call out BS where I see it. Whether it's about an exaggerated claim of UK weakness made by a remainer (see post at top of this page) or an overheated emotionally driven claim like yours.

No you like to argue and disrupt threads, I feel a blocking coming on.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

What now?

C - vote down the deal

E - hard Brexit

or

(theory:

What happens next really depends of the EU justice ruling, which comes day before the UK vote.

If CJEU rules that UK can't unilaterally withdraw the A50

then UK has only two real choices

1) Take the deal which has been offered to UK

2) Have a go with no-deal

In this case it's most likely that UK will choose the deal which is available

If the CJEU rules that UK can unilaterally withdraw the A50

Then UK has 3 choices

1) Take the deal which has been offered to UK

2) Have a go with no-deal

3) End Brexit

In this scenario UK parliament is likely to vote down the deal and go for the People's vote, which then cancels Brexit altogether.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

I think if article 50 is revoked that the riots in Paris would be quite miniscule compared to the unrest by the people of the UK denied their democrotic right.

However here is a brexit map for your perusal, quite a few scenarios.

IMG_20181206_185141.jpg

No remain option

Undermines the whole thing

( mind you a second referendum would result in Remain. Maybe that's what the times thinks too)

I just want to follow up on the posts I made yesterday about the WTO option, which some people call “no deal”.

There has been a lot of scare-mongering about Dover. But it should be recognised that the recent press fest is based on a worst case scenario, not a forecast (just as the fear mongering attributed to Mr Carney was).

The truth is that the UK would be able to set zero tariffs on selected sectors (let’s say car parts), and to recognise EU standards, thereby maintaining frictionless imports from the EU. Under the WTO, the EU could do the same for imports from the UK for an interim period if it chose to.

More broadly on ports capacity, I’d like to quote from Tim Morris, Chief Executive Officer,
United Kingdom Major Ports Group, from the Telegraph today.

“SIR – The impact of Brexit at Dover would not be common to the UK ports sector as a whole.

I write on behalf of the United Kingdom’s major port operators, responsible for handling 75 per cent of the country’s seaborne trade.

Dover, handling around 6 per cent of UK port volumes, faces a unique combination of Brexit risk factors that are not faced by most major UK ports.

These ports already have the capacity and infrastructure to handle large volumes of both EU and non-EU trade today without “logjam”.

The UK’s port sector is resilient, adaptable and highly competitive. We will work through the challenges of Brexit as we have with huge changes through the centuries. Our island nation has always been dependent on sea trade and the ports that enable it.

UK Major Ports Group members invest more than half a billion pounds of private-sector funds a year in the UK. They are ambitious to do more, whatever the eventual Brexit outcome. Making the planning system for ports more helpful to investment is key to unlocking their potential.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

I just want to follow up on the posts I made yesterday about the WTO option, which some people call “no deal”.

Why don't you be a good boy and reply what I and others replied to your WTO option post?

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Why not..just think back to some of merkel, macron and barnier's comments re the UK having to be " punished ".
What goes around comes around.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Why not just think that we all people are pretty much the same species?

None of those people said anything to punish UK for brexiting. That's the propaganda you have been reading from your medias for years. I know as I did started to watch the UK media for the last couple of years. I was very surprised and very dissapointed what I saw. 

56 minutes ago, tebee said:

Another example of what Brexit has turned Britain into - How is an MP allowed to threaten our neighbours like this - gunship diplomacy next ? 

52 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Why not..just think back to some of merkel, macron and barnier's comments re the UK having to be " punished ".
What goes around comes around.

Hard Brexiteers here now Toy Town Politicians wanting to play Soldiers. And wanting to be taken seriously. Seriously?

5 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

What now?

C - vote down the deal

E - hard Brexit

or

(theory:

Revoke A50 is a potential consequence of other options not commanding a majority in Parliament.

Hard Brexiteers here now Toy Town Politicians wanting to play Soldiers. And wanting to be taken seriously. Seriously?
S/W... it's time that Brexiteers gave the scummy eu brussels mob some food for thought!!
Maybe someone like yourself would just roll over and get your tummy tickled..but thankfully people like you are in the minority.
Anyway..hows life in the shooting, stabbing, gbh, acid-throwing capital of the world?[emoji6]

• Like 1

Just now, malagateddy said:

S/W... it's time that Brexiteers gave the scummy eu brussels mob some food for thought!!
Maybe someone like yourself would just roll over and get your tummy tickled..but thankfully people like you are in the minority.
Anyway..hows life in the shooting, stabbing, gbh, acid-throwing capital of the world?emoji6.png

My part of London was very nice while I was there. As always. Managed to see plenty of movies at the London Film Festival and enjoy some strolls along the Embankment and explore old parts of the City. Never tire of walking past the Tower of London and over Tower Bridge. As for Brexit it seems like no position has a clear majority in Parliament right now so is messy.