Britain can end Brexit unilaterally, EU court advisor says

snoop1130

On 12/20/2018 at 11:32 AM, nontabury said:

Suggested by whom. Can you please provide a link. Or is this a case of sour grapes.

If there’s is not a link then it didn't happen and no one suggested that? 

As as I said to someone else I’m tired of providing links only for it to be ignored when I do. Believe or not, I’m not trying to convince you of anything. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/20/2018 at 3:36 PM, bristolboy said:

To judge from the fascistic sound emanating from this loon, it seems more than ever that the UK should stay in the EU so that its citizens can continue to enjoy the civil liberties protected by the European Convention on Human Rights  that once were taken for granted in the UK. What a nasty piece of work Condell is. 

On the positive side Pat will be dead soon.

One post removed.  

Do not comment on moderation in the open forum.   If you find a post which contravenes the rules, please use the report button.  

Some of the Brexit threads have a lot of posts and continuous activity, in part because of the time change.   Mods may not be able to read every post.   We do our best, but that doesn't mean troublesome posts don't get missed.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 5:07 PM, nauseus said:

From 6:15 to 6:58 especially poignant. 

Another angry old man on YouTube showing the world how bitter he has become in his dotage - life didn't go his way so somebody has to be blamed. Having swallowed 40 years of Daily Mail / Express garbage and talked with his mates in the pub and looked with envy at hard-working, industrious, good citizens earning a crust and adding to the British economy has got his goat up. No jobs have been 'stolen' and I have one prediction that whatever happens you will still be a bitter old man ranting on the internet to the half-baked rabble that still will all the information at their fingertips keep parroting their memes of sovereignty and taking 'our' country back.  A Wat Tyler's head on London Bridge might help send a message to the revolting peasants. The only difference between Rees/Mogg - Johnson and their ilk is that I don't pretend to like you. And they are playing you like the idiots they know you to be and hope to profit enormously off your backs. Now I say good luck to them for a fool and their money are soon parted. 

Brexit’s aura of inevitability is vanishing

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/brexits-aura-of-inevitability-is-vanishing-2018-12-27

This sense of inevitability, far more than genuine anti-European conviction, is what has discouraged Britain from changing its mind about a pointless and self-destructive policy that few voters cared about until 2016, the message from post-Brexit polling and focus groups has been: “We all know that Brexit has to happen, so why don’t the politicians just get on with it?”

But with the Brexit process now moving toward its climax, another outcome is moving from impossible to inevitable: Britain could soon change its mind and decide to stay in the EU. This reversal of fortune could begin next month, when Prime Minister Theresa May is expected to lose the decisive parliamentary vote on her Brexit deal.

11 minutes ago, tebee said:

Captain: But what about the other ships in our fleet.

Engineer: Sod them, lets only think of ourselves.

Captain: But what about tebees house in la belle France.

Engineer: I hope that sinks too. ????????

3 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Another angry old man on YouTube showing the world how bitter he has become in his dotage - life didn't go his way so somebody has to be blamed. Having swallowed 40 years of Daily Mail / Express garbage and talked with his mates in the pub and looked with envy at hard-working, industrious, good citizens earning a crust and adding to the British economy has got his goat up. No jobs have been 'stolen' and I have one prediction that whatever happens you will still be a bitter old man ranting on the internet to the half-baked rabble that still will all the information at their fingertips keep parroting their memes of sovereignty and taking 'our' country back.  A Wat Tyler's head on London Bridge might help send a message to the revolting peasants. The only difference between Rees/Mogg - Johnson and their ilk is that I don't pretend to like you. And they are playing you like the idiots they know you to be and hope to profit enormously off your backs. Now I say good luck to them for a fool and their money are soon parted. 

Wow. You couldn't make it up. Or could you?

2 hours ago, tebee said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/brexits-aura-of-inevitability-is-vanishing-2018-12-27

This sense of inevitability, far more than genuine anti-European conviction, is what has discouraged Britain from changing its mind about a pointless and self-destructive policy that few voters cared about until 2016, the message from post-Brexit polling and focus groups has been: “We all know that Brexit has to happen, so why don’t the politicians just get on with it?”

But with the Brexit process now moving toward its climax, another outcome is moving from impossible to inevitable: Britain could soon change its mind and decide to stay in the EU. This reversal of fortune could begin next month, when Prime Minister Theresa May is expected to lose the decisive parliamentary vote on her Brexit deal.

So Brexit will be reversed in line with lost votes then? Sounds very democratic.

3 hours ago, tebee said:

Well that's certainly an opinion. Kaletsky is definitely not concerned about advertising his bias.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Captain: But what about the other ships in our fleet.

Engineer: Sod them, lets only think of ourselves.

Captain: But what about tebees house in la belle France.

Engineer: I hope that sinks too. ????????

Does it seem weird to anyone else that on a website created for expats living in Thailand, the fact that someone lives in a nation other than the UK is criticized on that account?

15 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Does it seem weird to anyone else that on a website created for expats living in Thailand, the fact that someone lives in a nation other than the UK is criticized on that account?

I know that British humour is difficult for some to understand, infact I'm led to believe that some people don't do humour at all.

Whether this website was designed for expats living in Thailand originally I don't know, admittedly it is called ThaiVisa, but a hell of a lot of contributions come from outside of Thailand.

8 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Post of 2019 contender. Just about sums it up.

6 hours ago, vogie said:

Check out this Australian news reader, she has brexit sussed out.

Another poorly researched mouthpiece spouting nonsense. Zero tariffs for the EU means zero tariffs for the world under WTO. Try negotiating a trade deal with nothing to offer the other side because you’ve already given everything up. I read at the tail end of last year Brazil were keen on a trade deal, because the UK would be desperate after Brexit and sign up for anything. Trump will also royally screw us. Way to go old people.

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

Another poorly researched mouthpiece spouting nonsense. Zero tariffs for the EU means zero tariffs for the world under WTO. Try negotiating a trade deal with nothing to offer the other side because you’ve already given everything up. I read at the tail end of last year Brazil were keen on a trade deal, because the UK would be desperate after Brexit and sign up for anything. Trump will also royally screw us. Way to go old people.

Fox secured a deal with BRICS towards the end of last year.

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

If I were on the wrong other side i'd be pretty annoyed at this:

great news the EU are the UKs greater trading partner,i just dont see chevrolet creating 100,000 plus jobs building crap cars to ship back across the pond,all this noise about these new opportunities are exactly that,we are doing fine as we are/were.Trump and his crooked cronies not required and certainly not to be trusted

8 hours ago, evadgib said:

Fox secured a deal with BRICS towards the end of last year.

Do you honestly believe that the UK has a trade deal secured with Russia? And China? And India? The first is highly unlikely given our relations and the last two will take a decade or more to deal with. 

I could believe that Fox has spoken to them, and exchanged some pleasant noises ... but nothing tangible.

7 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Do you honestly believe that the UK has a trade deal secured with Russia? And China? And India? The first is highly unlikely given our relations and the last two will take a decade or more to deal with. 

I could believe that Fox has spoken to them, and exchanged some pleasant noises ... but nothing tangible.

Whatever occurred did so in Brazil. HMG will no doubt publish fine detail on 29 March. Whether Russia are anywhere near it remains to be seen but I doubt it.

On 1/2/2019 at 5:37 AM, beautifulthailand99 said:

Yet you'd all find him hilarious and informative if batting for the other side.

Archived