Britain can end Brexit unilaterally, EU court advisor says

snoop1130

I think Tusk is civil servant, working for EU. I'm not sure, but perhaps someone can educate me. 

He has done a good job for protecting our side so there is no need to kick him out. 

I didn't ask whether you wanted to kick him out. The question I raised was British politicians vs EU politicians in terms of how easy they are to vote out for the public. If Tusk is indeed a civil servant (funny because he looks and acts like a politician) well then obviously love him or loathe him, the British public would be powerless to pass judgement on the job that he's doing.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, malagateddy said:

All the remoaners should read this book
BRUSSELS LAID BARE by Marta Andreasen.
Learn the truth!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This is a Belgium video, with English sub tittles, showing the salaries of Brussels Bureaucrats. What it does fail to mention is that 10,000 E.u. Bureacrats earn far more than the P.M of the U.K. and that is before their extra perks are taken into account.

One very interesting point, covered the earnings of a certain high E.u official, who is also CEO of a large French/Belgium bank, Dexia. 

As some of us have already noticed, we seem to have a very high%, of Remoaners on these threads, who are none British, at least one of whom is based in Belgium. I cannot possibly think why.

38 minutes ago, rixalex said:

I didn't ask whether you wanted to kick him out. The question I raised was British politicians vs EU politicians in terms of how easy they are to vote out for the public. If Tusk is indeed a civil servant (funny because he looks and acts like a politician) well then obviously love him or loathe him, the British public would be powerless to pass judgement on the job that he's doing.

I suppose EU would kick him out, if he is not up to his tasks. I personally think he was doing a fair and good job, trying to get the best deal possible under the rather stupid circumstances, which were presented to him by UK's political prime minister. 

Fair for both EU as well as UK. 

EU could have taken a far stronger stance against UK during these negotiations. Perhaps EU should have done that, so that UK's highly segmented political environment could have trumped for May, against the evil EU... but in reality EU is not evil, and EU don't even want to be evil, even if agitated as much as what happened during these negotiations (and in British press). 

It feels pretty freaking good to have some cornerstones in our lives, which we can actually trust. EU simply proved to be one cornerstone, we actually can trust upon. I wasn't aware of that EU could actually be so strong prior this brexit mess. Now I know better. Now I know a lot better.

I suppose EU would kick him out, if he is not up to his tasks. I personally think he was doing a fair and good job, trying to get the best deal possible under the rather stupid circumstances, which were presented to him by UK's political prime minister. 

Fair for both EU as well as UK. 

EU could have taken a far stronger stance against UK during these negotiations. Perhaps EU should have done that, so that UK's highly segmented political environment could have trumped for May, against the evil EU... but in reality EU is not evil, and EU don't even want to be evil, even if agitated as much as what happened during these negotiations (and in British press). 

It feels pretty freaking good to have some cornerstones in our lives, which we can actually trust. EU simply proved to be one cornerstone, we actually can trust upon. I wasn't aware of that EU could actually be so strong prior this brexit mess. Now I know better. Now I know a lot better.

I have no issue whatsoever with the EU playing hardball and trying to achieve the best deal for its members. It's what Britain should have been doing as well, if not for remainers who have complained every one of the few times we've attempted to assert ourselves, insisting that we had to be "friendly".

My issue is to do with how easy it is to vote out key members of the EU for the British public. Your remark regarding Tusk: "I suppose the EU could kick him out if he is not up to his task", is another way of saying they can't, isn't it?

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

This is a Belgium video, with English sub tittles, showing the salaries of Brussels Bureaucrats. What it does fail to mention is that 10,000 E.u. Bureacrats earn far more than the P.M of the U.K. and that is before their extra perks are taken into account.

One very interesting point, covered the earnings of a certain high E.u official, who is also CEO of a large French/Belgium bank, Dexia. 

As some of us have already noticed, we seem to have a very high%, of Remoaners on these threads, who are none British, at least one of whom is based in Belgium. I cannot possibly think why.

long winded, I endured a bit less than half,

could easily have been presented in a few tables

UK pm does an awful job - compensation is adequate

there are MANY in Norway in the public sector that makes more than the pm

EU salaries are high but not alarmingly so

you want very good people you need to pay

you want even representation - people from north Sweden - Finland - Malta - Cyprus?

you must pay for relocation

you only want civil servants without children? if not - pay allowance for children

I have known a bunch of very smart people - very smart - in the Commission,

from Germany, France and Netherlands, mostly lawyers a couple of engineers

in spite of the high compensation they quit after some years and went back home,

they wanted more challenging tasks

taper the compensation

attract the 2nd and 3rd best and some piss artists

lay the foundation for a crappy EU

you want even representation - people from north Sweden - Finland - Malta - Cyprus?
you only want civil servants without children? if not - pay allowance for children

in spite of the high compensation they quit after some years and went back home,

taper the compensation

It is s crappy eu..but power hungry and very corrupt..imagine having basically an alcoholic as the head honcho.
Says it all really..with him being so friendly with a imo sociopath and war criminal!!

34 minutes ago, rixalex said:

I have no issue whatsoever with the EU playing hardball and trying to achieve the best deal for its members. It's what Britain should have been doing as well, if not for remainers who have complained every one of the few times we've attempted to assert ourselves, insisting that we had to be "friendly".

My issue is to do with how easy it is to vote out key members of the EU for the British public. Your remark regarding Tusk: "I suppose the EU could kick him out if he is not up to his task", is another way of saying they can't, isn't it?

EU has not played hardball, not even close to that. In fact EU has been playing softball, or actually pinball with the UK for the past 2 years. EU has been very, very, very patient with the frantic actions of UK. 

Eu has been very, very, very patient with the frantic actions of UK.

EU has let UK to do whatever it has to do, to get a resolution what UK wants. This includes you rixalex, I suppose. 

There is certain amount of slagg, which can be given to a not so well behaving, yet potential child. 

UK had all the possibilities to get it's acts together. Has it done so, so far?

It's time to say to that yelling, misbehaving child, this is where it all ends.

Do you not see that the rest of the European Union countries see UK as the kid in this condom advertisement?

Do you really not see that you are the kid in the middle of everything?

Well, you are exactly that screaming child to the rest of us.

EU has not played hardball, not even close to that. In fact EU has been playing softball, or actually pinball with the UK for the past 2 years. EU has been very, very, very patient with the frantic actions of UK. 

EU has let UK to do whatever it has to do, to get a resolution what UK wants. This includes you rixalex, I suppose. 

There is certain amount of slagg, which can be given to a not so well behaving, yet potential child. 

Do you not see that the rest of the European Union countries see UK as the kid in this condom advertisement?
Do you really not see you that you are the kid in the middle of everything?

[/url]  
Oh dear..here's me thinking he's singing " ode to joy ".

3 hours ago, malagateddy said:

In your dreams will labour stroll into power..with an ira, hamas and muslim loving, anti Jewish oh so wonderful pc luvee like corbyn as top kiddie.
Wakey wakey please

he is the favourite in a two horse race,wakey wakey to the man on the street that means its very likely,Brits love shooting themselves in the foot this will be their finest hour.

2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

taper the compensation

Feathering ones own nest,comes to mind.

Should have watched the full video, then you would have seen the section including the CEO of a large Bank. I just wonder whose interest he represents.

18 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Feathering ones own nest,comes to mind.

Should have watched the full video, then you would have seen the section including the CEO of a large Bank. I just wonder whose interest he represents.

Oh, he refers to a CEO of a large BANK!

nontabury must have some real power! 

44 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I don't understand what you say.

However having worked in Singapore, along with the brightest British colleagues (who went to work for Google), I can honestly say that the Singaporean way of thinking is way above English way of thinking. 

While we might have laughed, how structured and unwilling the eastern education systems were previously (following the English model), reality is that they went and learned from the best. 

15 years ago even the Singaporean taxi drivers talked to me, how they have to learn from my country's education system, simply because they were second and we were the first. 

They overtook us after 7 years or so. 

Can one imagine "We are the people, who have born to rule the world" - Brits to humble themselves enough to be able to learn from others? I can't. I see Brits being Italians of the western Europe. Stupid and stubborn people.

everything is above the english way of thinking,they think they know best but actually know very little,2 days of minor snowfall and the nation grounds to a halt,it even affects GDP,now a kids toy has affected xmas travel for 350,000 people,and they think they can cope with brexit,haha dream on.

Business investment in worst run since 2009 - BBC News.html

Do you really not see that you are the kid in the middle of everything?

[/url]  
You've done a good job there of completely ignoring the main point I was making. The point we were discussing.

15 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

taper the compensation

"EU salaries are high but not alarmingly so"

I think we have to agree to disagree on this point.

"you want very good people you need to pay"

Unlike the poorest sector of countries, who have 'priced themselves out of a job'....  This complete disconnect between the highest paid and the lowest has always annoyed the hell out of me, and is why we receive such appalling service from those far lower in 'the chain' nowadays - who don't have the faintest idea what they are doing in my experience.

"I have known a bunch of very smart people - very smart - in the Commission,

from Germany, France and Netherlands, mostly lawyers a couple of engineers in spite of the high compensation they quit after some years and went back home,they wanted more challenging tasks"

So obviously they were being paid far too much for a not very challenging job!

"attract the 2nd and 3rd best and some piss artists lay the foundation for a crappy EU"

Some of us think that we already have a '"crappy EU" - but quite apart from that, if the smartest people find their work un-challenging enough that it caused them to quit their extremely well-paid positions, then surely those jobs should be filled by those slightly less intelligent who would enjoy the job.  And of course, be paid less - commensurate with the less than challenging nature of the job!

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Never heard of this frog. Maybe it is only you that remembers Pepe because you are the only one permanently fixated on the Russians.

Ah. So this is how selective memory works.

Well, the rest of us remember Pepe the russian troll frog rather well.

We also remember how the official Russian Embassy in London twitter account used to spread Pepe memes to make fun of the western way and support the brexitters.

I think Pepe is sad for you not giving him the credit he deserves.

d2d.jpg.f68a98a44065c7d363c81b61002f0bee.jpg

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Ah. So this is how selective memory works.

Well, the rest of us remember Pepe the russian troll frog rather well.

We also remember how the official Russian Embassy in London twitter account used to spread Pepe memes to make fun of the western way and support the brexitters.

I think Pepe is sad for you not giving him the credit he deserves.

d2d.jpg.f68a98a44065c7d363c81b61002f0bee.jpg

Well I can see who has the selective memory. Pepe sad cos only Oilinki remember hIm, poor Pepe! ???? 

13 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I actually was wondering, yesterday, how the May's brexit deal was so fast doomed as a failure for UK. It is not a failure for UK, it is actually a good deal for UK.

I guess there was someone, with quick fingers, who decided it was a bad deal and then that idea simply spread. 

Are you trying to do the similar trick by deciding what arguments can be used against brexitters. Deciding what parts of history can be used against brexitters?

No, they're discussing your use of unproveable allegations about their nationality to disallow their arguments. Everybody here is anonymous. And I'm surprised they put up with you for so long.

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

No, they're discussing your use of unproveable allegations about their nationality to disallow their arguments. Everybody here is anonymous. And I'm surprised they put up with you for so long.

No. This is simply using what we have learned from history against those people who deny what happened before. This is usings the knowledge of the past in today's world.

I'm not going to let the past actions to be forgotten. It's really simple as that. Now is time for everybody to remember one or two things from the past. 

19 minutes ago, oilinki said:

No. This is simply using what we have learned from history against those people who deny what happened before. This is usings the knowledge of the past in today's world.

I'm not going to let the past actions to be forgotten. It's really simple as that. Now is time for everybody to remember one or two things from the past. 

How far back & can we join in....?

Image result for viking longboats

13 minutes ago, evadgib said:

More re the actions of the remain camp:

Does the so called leavers have any idea of what people really want?

Do these people simply want to execute their wishes, regardless of the wellbeing of the people?

What are the motives of these so called believers as leavers? What it is what they really want?

Take and see a step forward in the game of chess. Just one step is enough in this game.

7 hours ago, evadgib said:

More re the actions of the remain camp:

Whatever spin Condell, and those who quote his words if is they have been handed down on tablets of stone from Mount Sinai, wish to put on what Osbourne said, Condell's claim that the BBC agree with him is patently false. Nowhere are they or even just the reporter, agreeing with him, they are merely reporting what he said. It's called a free press.

Of course, a free press is anathema to certain Brexiteers' desire to censor those who don't share their belief and hide the unpalatable consequences of Brexit from the British public.

Archived