Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

If the league and fa cup had a 3rd place match that could put a bit of gloss on all those semis and make you happy too

Ah well I suppose semis are a thing of the past for you R2D2 now you've found the blue pills.

Hilarious to consider some of you feel we should expect to be challenging for the title....teams who win the league are generally fairly lucky with injuries I will add to our list of 'excuses'.

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Aah right. Double standards. I get it. Spurs can moan about injuries infinitum but City can't mention it. 

No, but in City's case its quite laughable considering the replacements you have , most of whom would walk into another premier league team.

You're not putting up a very strong argument here!  The funny thing is, you go on about KDB getting injures yet your back up is so strong you don't even need him at times. A prime example being when you played Spurs in London. We were third and you might have thought such a big game warranted your strongest side.....but no, you left Sane and KDB on the frigging bench. Thats an example of absurd depth and makes City fans' moans extremely lightweight.  

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Ah well I suppose semis are a thing of the past for you R2D2 now you've found the blue pills.

Hilarious to consider some of you feel we should expect to be challenging for the title....teams who win the league are generally fairly lucky with injuries I will add to our list of 'excuses'.

Well it is R2D2 you are listening to!!  He's clearly back from his dogging weekend????

He has his opinion and he's welcome to it. However, the so called experts consider it a major achievement for us to qualify in the top four.  Perhaps they know a bit more.  Why do you bother reading what he says anyway?  He's only trying to antagonize.  And its not like he knows jack sh1t anyway.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Aah right. Double standards. I get it. Spurs can moan about injuries infinitum but City can't mention it. 

Did you not get the Tv Football/Soccer Forum memo? Special rules apply, but only to City, and very definitely not to poor cashstrapped liccle Spurs ????

2 hours ago, carmine said:

No, but in City's case its quite laughable considering the replacements you have , most of whom would walk into another premier league team.

You're not putting up a very strong argument here!  The funny thing is, you go on about KDB getting injures yet your back up is so strong you don't even need him at times. A prime example being when you played Spurs in London. We were third and you might have thought such a big game warranted your strongest side.....but no, you left Sane and KDB on the frigging bench. Thats an example of absurd depth and makes City fans' moans extremely lightweight.  

It's not an argument. I just think the point has gone over your head.

For clarity. Yes, we are extremely lucky to have depth to cover the likes of KdB when he's injured. However, he is a key player and when he does get injured (or any other player) we are allowed to mention it without getting jumped on (we didn't moan, unless moan has a different meaning down south). Can't you understand the hypocrisy ?

“The funny thing is, you go on about KDB getting injures yet your back up is so strong you don't even need him at times.”

KDB has been out for most of the season, agreed. Last season he was our best player and arguably the best player in the Premier along with Salah. Take out each team’s KDB – Salah or VVD, Kane, Hazard, Arsenal’s (I have no idea) and DeGea – it would have an effect on that team’s performance, agreed. We have coped without KDB, but with him we’d have been better off in the 1st half of the season he missed (Bernardo is good but he ain’t no KDB), agreed. Missing his input over the season could end up being the difference between US winning the Premier and not winning it. So you have no point.

“when you played Spurs in London. We were third and you might have thought such a big game warranted your strongest side.....but no, you left Sane and KDB on the frigging bench.”  

We wouldn’t risk them on that bog of an American football field of yours!

Seriously, KDB had just returned in the previous game and had only played the last 32 minutes, after being our injured for months. Sane if I remember correctly was either out-of-form or out-of-favour with Pep.

Why criticize my club because they invest (as do the other major teams – but I never see you criticizing them!) in top players because we want to compete with the ManU’s and Chelsea’s (and this season Liverpool) every season for ‘titles’ (to use johnny foreigner’s term)? Your club could invest in players, you’re a rich club [THE 10TH RICHEST IN THE WORLD], but you don’t because you can’t, because currently you don’t have money to invest in top players because your money is tied up in your stadium build! Spurs have to decide do you want to be a team competing for titles or do you want to just be competing for a place in Europe as your ultimate goal every season; Poch wants to compete, your owners seem content just to trundle along, while you lot just whinge its not fair.

*00:01, 24 JAN 2019 [TODAY]

Tottenham Hotspur have edged ahead of Juventus to become the world's 10th richest football club, a new report has revealed. Spurs earned £379.4million in 2017/18 according to the latest Deloitte Football Money League. That's up from £305.6million the season before - an increase of £73.8million. It makes Tottenham the sixth highest earners in English football and the 10th highest worldwide. Spurs are ahead sides such as Italian giants Juventus who are in 11th place with revenues of £348.6m, Borussia Dortmund who are in 12th (£285.8million) and Atlético Madrid who are in 13th (£234.2million). Spurs' increase was driven mostly by matchday revenues which went up by two thirds to £75.5million. Commercial revenues went up by £31.1million to £103.2million and broadcast revenues went up by £12.5million to £200.7million. The Deloitte Football Money League is calculated every year and reveals the top 20 highest earning football clubs in the previous season.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/tottenham-hotspur-rank-among-worlds-15724099

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's not an argument. I just think the point has gone over your head.

For clarity. Yes, we are extremely lucky to have depth to cover the likes of KdB when he's injured. However, he is a key player and when he does get injured (or any other player) we are allowed to mention it without getting jumped on (we didn't moan, unless moan has a different meaning down south). Can't you understand the hypocrisy ?

No, whatever point there is has gone completely over my head.  You appear to be trying to draw a comparison with City getting injuries which is non comparable.  Messi gets injured but Ronaldo's comes off the bench to replace him......so why should City's situation my ours hypocritical?  I simply don't get it.

31 minutes ago, carmine said:

No, whatever point there is has gone completely over my head.  You appear to be trying to draw a comparison with City getting injuries which is non comparable.  Messi gets injured but Ronaldo's comes off the bench to replace him......so why should City's situation my ours hypocritical?  I simply don't get it.

Yep my point has gone over your head.

I am talking about members in this Spurs thread jumping all over the Man City thread saying we are moaning if we mention an injury. And yet you guys have been “moaning” ad-infinitum on here about your injuries. Yesterday I was merely mentioning that we don’t jump all over your thread when you talk about injuries but instead of acknowledging that single point you are bringing our squad depth into it, which has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making.

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I am talking about members in this Spurs thread jumping all over the Man City thread saying we are moaning if we mention an injury. And yet you guys have been “moaning” ad-infinitum on here about your injuries. Yesterday I was merely mentioning that we don’t jump all over your thread when you talk about injuries but instead of acknowledging that single point you are bringing our squad depth into it, which has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making.

Its obvious even to your gimp masked marauder that we are in the midst of an injury crisis right now.

One or two out proved to have little impact on our performances and results which is testimony to the excellent squad work done by the management team.

At bare bones now we are going to need a bucketload of luck beginning with the chavs tonight with little let up.

As a side issue why am I reading muppet reports about Sanchez performance v Fulham? Some pundits really are clueless aren't they!!

Adrien Rabiot my arzzz if he ends up at the Lane.

The rumour mill gone crazy and I see us maybe 20m sold and 0m in.

Standard procedure nowadays at the Lane. 

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its obvious even to your gimp masked marauder that we are in the midst of an injury crisis right now.

Nobody is denying your injury status and I don’t mind you bringing it up in every post you guys make. It’s an important issue and I don’t consider it moaning to talk about it.

All I’m saying is the next time we mention an injury on our thread, be as courteous to us ????

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Nobody is denying your injury status and I don’t mind you bringing it up in every post you guys make. It’s an important issue and I don’t consider it moaning to talk about it.

All I’m saying is the next time we mention an injury on our thread, be as courteous to us ????

I will be if our positions reverse over the coming weeks.

Its as good a deal as you'd get from Daniel Levy I think. :tongue:

As per i thought startin with lorrente upfront   another start WILL not do him any harm.. after only 3rdish  start  in a year ish it'll take anyone let alone a 30 plus yr old time to kick bac in,  personally i'm optimistic   get him the ball at his feet or on his head IN THE BOX and i reckon he'll finish,  to long in top teams to lose that abilty,  speed yes but skill no.. more worried bout our bacs leavin verity and co exposed . but we'll c

Edited by 3 minus 2

poch did his, getting to be normal half time shuffle, and seemed to have turned it around,  ironically until he took llorente off and from their  we seemed to lose our shape and really post that baring a quick direct break picked out with a decent ball from gazza we/lucus offered no real presence or threat.  on the night and over 180 mins i suppose they  deserved it, but only JUST. 

45 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

poch did his, getting to be normal half time shuffle, and seemed to have turned it around,  ironically until he took llorente off and from their  we seemed to lose our shape and really post that baring a quick direct break picked out with a decent ball from gazza we/lucus offered no real presence or threat.  on the night and over 180 mins i suppose they  deserved it, but only JUST. 

Its a head scratcher....you can't expect miracles when our three best attacking players are all missing.

Unlucky to lose in a penalty shootout for any team.

20 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Actually not really true is it.  A certain City fan is persistently jumping all over our thread which is why nearly all of us have him blocked. ????

However, since this injury crisis is going to effectively capsize our season i think we have every right to moan.  Davies and Sissoko limped off last night but i do wonder if the latter was recalled too early out of desperation.  Neither Sissoko or Dier looked anywhere near sharp to me.

Nice to see the usual valued input from R2D2 being posted on here.  Brummie simpleton????

First half we were very second best.  Pochettino made good tactical switches at half time and we were a fair degree better.  I didn't think we would win anyway some i'm quite ambivalent really.  

FA cup fixture this weekend another banana skin in the making.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Nice to see the usual valued input from R2D2 being posted on here.  Brummie simpleton????

First half we were very second best.  Pochettino made good tactical switches at half time and we were a fair degree better.  I didn't think we would win anyway some i'm quite ambivalent really.  

FA cup fixture this weekend another banana skin in the making.

Strange !!!! woke up this morning and didn't feel gutted, can't remember the last time that happened after losing, anyway it was always going to be a difficult game and i feared the worst at two down but thought we done ok in the 2nd half, losing on pens and another couple of injuries didn't surprise me.

Actually not really true is it.  A certain City fan is persistently jumping all over our thread which is why nearly all of us have him blocked. ????

However, since this injury crisis is going to effectively capsize our season i think we have every right to moan.  Davies and Sissoko limped off last night but i do wonder if the latter was recalled too early out of desperation.  Neither Sissoko or Dier looked anywhere near sharp to me.

It's only permitted for Spurs fans to persistently jump all over threads, is it?

????

14 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Strange !!!! woke up this morning and didn't feel gutted, can't remember the last time that happened after losing, anyway it was always going to be a difficult game and i feared the worst at two down but thought we done ok in the 2nd half, losing on pens and another couple of injuries didn't surprise me.

I'm not having that, a football fan always feels gutted when his team loses...oh yeah I'm on the spurs thread ????

17 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Thats right. They dug deep second half.  

Anyone with the remotest football brain knew the odds were stacked against us and i'm not really expecting anyone other than bradbury Blue to make as bigger fool of himself and suggest otherwise.  I doubt he'll disappoint!

What was slightly irritating or amusing pending on your mood was the fact that this was the first year that away goals haven't counted double but we were aware of that, its just slightly ironic.