Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I can't guess the team at all beyond Sonny Kane Hojbjerg and Ndomitable.

Anyone?

Hugo.  Diet and Sanchez  sissoko  think he'll go Doherty  and regilion. And bergy up front ish.   Think he'll give Ali a shout on the bench. Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't give the Welsh kid a game over Sanchez.  anyone else but Chelsea   think he would   but we'll c

40 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Hugo.  Diet and Sanchez  sissoko  think he'll go Doherty  and regilion. And bergy up front ish.   Think he'll give Ali a shout on the bench. Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't give the Welsh kid a game over Sanchez.  anyone else but Chelsea   think he would   but we'll c

Yep; I heard Rodon is in instead of Sanchez. Don't know whether it is injury or form related.

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Yep; I heard Rodon is in instead of Sanchez. Don't know whether it is injury or form related.

Doesn't surprise me,  Sanchez has  f...'d up...2 many times...And aurier instead of Doherty... No surprise either. He deserved it 4 the display v city .. he gives a GOOD attackin option .plus sissoko has stepped  His defensive coverin  for aurier up a notch .. so it sort of works reasonably well.  sayin that aurier IS prone to convention lapses  so watch this space!!!.

Promised to be testing and that it was ... GOOD SOLID defensive display .. well drilled. And well executed ...  not many will reduce the chavs to so few chances from so much possession.   Asked b4 the game would I have take a draw and a clean sheet.. then 'yeah' defo... However a little more composure in front of goal from bergy  and from lo celso in added time.. we were 3 on one!!!! ... And we could have nicked it.. sayin that I would have banked on giroud  chipping Hugo with the chance he was offered. 

One thing we can take... The players are REALLY buying into Jose's system.. according to him, he reckons the dressing rooms <deleted> that they didn't win...  GOOD SIGNS

Edited by 3 minus 2

38 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Its more of a West Ham/ Millwall/ Charlton kind of thing .

"Chavs" from the Kings road Chelsea , playing on the Worlds most expensive (real estate  terms ) football pitch ?

Chavs,  it ain't a geographical or economic thing,   It's more a statement on behaviour.. and Chelsea fans 100%  fit the bill..

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Its more of a West Ham/ Millwall/ Charlton kind of thing .

"Chavs" from the Kings road Chelsea , playing on the Worlds most expensive (real estate  terms ) football pitch ?

I think that honour still belongs to The Artillery Ground.....Owned by The Honourable Artillery Company. Situated in The City of London near Moorgate/Finsbury Square. I played there a few times. Nice place.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wilai said:

I think that honour still belongs to The Artillery Ground.....Owned by The Honourable Artillery Company. Situated in The City of London near Moorgate/Finsbury Square. I played there a few times. Nice place.

Mate.. some of the 'roughest' council estates I've seen are in South West London hidden under the guise of them being 'wealthy boroughs '... And trust me when I say I saw more than my fair share when Thatcher did her best to cane social housing.brixton thamesmead hackney were true horrors..but hey .. I presume I'm talkin to a 'scouser'.. with little Lebanon in tow...

Edited by 3 minus 2

6 hours ago, balo said:

Have to say Rodon did a great job last night, first game and looked like he could not do anything wrong. 

Yeah.. thought he looked the part, jumped ahead of Sanchez in the peckin order... Shame  Sanchez is a crackin player but he has his lapses and EVERY game he screws up..got away with it under poch.. but NOT under Jose Toby put his early season stutters away and was playin really well,. So rodon will  have a way to go to displace him...BUT he's got the shirt atm.  So who knows  ... rodon was a Bit lucky that giroud didnt punish the weak header bac to Hugo.... Still.... He got away with one on his  full debut.. terrible thing..

Edited by wilai
profanity amended
  • Like 1

Half time and a pen with the last kick of half, bale has drawn us level.1-1  not that we ANYWHERE near deserve it ... .. poor all around ..  can't think a battle we won... Outplayed EVERYWHERE.. son needs to come of.. Ali will give it a better shape... Bale continues to disappoint down the RHS and lucus playin down the left struggles... <deleted> Jose!!!

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Got the result/point that was needed .. ..

NONE of the fringe players did their prospects.of starting at the weekend any good..  

All round POOR performance..

Next up THE big one ...

Hopefully the team will step up a level.. I'm sure they will.

Fortunate to get a point. Hart showed why he has not got a regular slot at top level. Makes some decent stops then blunders on the basics. 

Edited by Kadilo

9 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Fortunate to get a point. Hart showed why he has not got a regular slot at top level. Makes some decent stops then blunders on the basics. 

Think that applies to nearly ALL of our fringe player's.. good then have brain fog/ lapses.. And imo it doesn't help playing players  'out of position' I know the theory But I still don't see ANY of the supposed benefits of playing lucus who'se a right footed winger on the left and bale whose left footed and a left winger on the right.. it just doesn't work well..