Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, balo said:

I don't want to say it out loud, but I have some expectations now with this team.
Supposedly we also have one of the best managers in the world.  

Just need to win that trophy we're missing...

I'm Thinkin the same.. can't remember the last time.. perhaps  gazza linekers time when I had, as you say 'expectations' ,   the squad atm Is a lot deeper in strength than we've had for ??.   I ALWAYS had every confidence that levy would see

. that now the trainin ground and stadium done.. it's crazy not to invest in the team...NO DOUBTS they'll be a few hiccups on the way.. were toqttenham.... but I'm all in with jose...no matter what critics say. For me  atm He's the right man for the job...

• Like 1

Burnley.... .hmmmm DONT like their front pairing ... Woods and barnes..both can finish.... both are tuf and  a proper 'little and large'  'old school' handful...  They're lookin 4 their first win.  And we're looking to get a position in the table that reflects our performances....

So I'm hopin for a win.. BUT Burnley are due and will be tryin to up their momentum play it long  and get that   over due  win so finely balanced..cold wet Monday nights at burnley..sorts the men from the boys

Tuf game...Burnley were disciplined and well set up to stop us.. a solid defensive display will please Jose but obviously not as much as the 3 points ...which take us

Up to 5th ... oh those  2 stupid home draws now REALLY irritate..... ..... Doherty looked our weak link steadied up in the second half but 1st half  beaten on numerous occasions... When Burnley late doors,  started constantly flinging the high balls in Brought a good
commanding display from hugo. Good job done    next up Antwerp... Who atm look the most challenging team in our euro group..

Edited by 3 minus 2

All baring 2nd half injurytime  we were 2nd best and Never looked like scoring.. and with a little more composure they  could have had at least 3 whereas we didnt make their goalkeeper work ONCE... Jose has to hold his hands up with this one..SERIOUSELY underestimated them, putting an initial 11 out, that half hadn't started for ?? Weeks and certainly hadnt started together... Very easy to blame them.... But....anyways it's not the end of the road but losing 2nite certainly doesn't help.

Saw 'them' make their home debut.. it was the first home game after we'd been promoted after a year in the  championship. Then div2 ..

Midweek game.. the players came out and air/ground/ White Hart lane  filled with ticker tape... one of those truly magic football memories...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, balo said:

Well, let's focus on the league instead. Surely Jose can't go wrong twice in a row ?

A win over Brighton and top 4 is in sight.   

Let's hope not.. the more I think about the other night... The more I'm thinking it was sort of part of Jose plannin..he DOESNT do mistakes ,. He's been at it at the top end of footie for 2 long.. and the other night was A HUGE mistake/ mis calculation....2 big a one imo.        now he's shown levy what the second stringers are up to in HIS system.  . gives His case for better players more creadance....ie out a few fringe ones on decent contracts that are gonna attract good money .. ali would bring decent cash and lossen some wage budget up

...but hey I digress .. Brighton GOOD footballing team.. well organised and their strikers have been hitting the net, something which has always been a prob for them in the prem..  not sure if their skipper dunk is bac .. let's. Hope not..he's one I wouldn't have minded for us... 3 points I would LOVE .. but given everything i'de take a draw COYS !!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

Spurs reminded me today of that famous song by Led Zeppelin, "Whole Lotta Diving".

Yeah. Have to admit it's a bit embarrassing... But your mob are full on with the   the niggly little shirt pulls and sly 'touch fouls'.. on and off the ball... THAT'S gettin a bit  beyond a joke. Kloppy and pep have coached that into their 'team play' and honestly they're NEVER pulled up on it.. they should be..

17 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah. Have to admit it's a bit embarrassing... But your mob are full on with the   the niggly little shirt pulls and sly 'touch fouls'.. on and off the ball... THAT'S gettin a bit  beyond a joke. Kloppy and pep have coached that into their 'team play' and honestly they're NEVER pulled up on it.. they should be..

Blimey....beginning to sound like Mourinho trying to deflect criticism. Dunno about City but I've never noticed LFC doing that any more than anyone else.....Winning the Fair Play League virtually every season speaks for itself!

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

That's City you are talking about...

10 hours ago, wilai said:

Blimey....beginning to sound like Mourinho trying to deflect criticism. Dunno about City but I've never noticed LFC doing that any more than anyone else.....Winning the Fair Play League virtually every season speaks for itself!

'noticed' being the keyword here... And followed by 'fair play' they go unnoticed and therefore unpunished..

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bale earning his wonga yesterday....excellent 3pts that and up to second... great stuff!

I can see bale getting well into double figures by the end of the season.. he doesn't seem to be doing those tradmark  pressure relieving    lung busting runs perhaps he'll pick his moments when there  a defo possibility of an end product    , overall he's still a step Infront of most when it comes to putting himself into scoring positions.. 

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Take it that's a no.????

What do you expect... They're incidents that go unoted by the refs ... What it does show tho is yet again how  unbelievably precious Liverpool fans are about your team.. it's a game wilia  that breeds disproportionate responces from people..bit like national ism. I've watched/talked and played footie in many different towns and cities Rio London,Newcastle. Liverpool. To name just  a few and  in quite a few  countries and NEVER have I come ax a group of fans so disassociated with reality when it comes to critism of their teams as Liverpool fans ... Precious and deluded ...mate.. as I said b4  in the friendliest possible way get a grip..

Edited by 3 minus 2

Our next game v west brom leads us into a REALLY hard run up to Xmas, NOT in order we've got  wolves mcity Leicester arsenal Chelsea Liverpool palace chuck in eur lgs and to say it'll be challenging is an understatement   . If we're still in the top 3 at xmas.. then maybe I'll start believing.. HONESTLY..as per the last ???? Years. Decades. My expectations are low..

Edited by 3 minus 2