Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Well, little possession 4 shots on target 2 goals  20 plus against..  post the goal thought son disapeared a little as did ndembele' after 35.. BUT a good 35... He's a class act.. GREAT spot by Jose bringing the extra energy on that our midfield was lackin and directly resulted in the second.by le celso.. CBS OUTSTANDING. Losin Toby to what looks like a torn hammie and him, accod to Jose, being out long term  IS A BLOW ..but there's decent competition.  So when one door closes another opens ....so.. My m...o.m was between sissoko and Højbjerg BOTH persistently stopped cities flow and were always covering the holes the city were lookin to exploit.  Højbjerg gets it just...   Kane was selfless and is rapidly gettin that edge bac..  have to say he's almost there.....Jose's done it ALL before and I'm seein a group of players that are seeing that and believing in it/him .. .. it's a  Weird old season so who knows. BUT I believe the players believe... Which is THE most important thing.

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

Mourinho when he is winning.

EnX0bUfXMAAJaeb.jpg

Camera angles can be deceptlive he's more than likely lookin beyond  hoj.  But either way .. noworries for me ...   Jose's got his mojo bac.. pep on the other hand  disapeared down the tunnel at the end, el pronto bit  like a sacred rabbit  .....shook Jose's hand and ran for cover..    this is the worst start pep has EVER had as a manager..so the next few months IMO were gonna see how good the reputed  'genius'  manager  ACTUALLY  is..flat track bully or great  allrounder... I'll go the former   and would I rule out  him gettin the chop?   .. probably.. but it's football so I rule nothing out..

On 11/22/2020 at 2:36 AM, Kadilo said:

Not pretty but very effective. Mourinho 1 Pep 0

Son the main man again. 

This season more than ever will be about squad strength and yours is one of the strongest imo. 

A ? Kane got man of the match, did you watch the game ?

When Mourinho was at ManU there were lots on the footie forum criticising his ability. His record and his ability for me is without question, he might not be the special one but he's a top manager. One of the most impressive things for me was when he subbed Joe Cole and SWP after only 26 minutes of a 1-0 Chelsea defeat at Fulham in March 2006 - i get sick of watching managers waiting, trusting their players until the 60-70th minutes, when it's too late to affect a match. If it ain't working early doors, sometimes you have change it.

He's doing a decent job at Spurs and he'll have no better chance than this weird season to finally land a trophy for Spurs.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

When Mourinho was at ManU there were lots on the footie forum criticising his ability. His record and his ability for me is without question, he might not be the special one but he's a top manager. One of the most impressive things for me was when he subbed Joe Cole and SWP after only 26 minutes of a 1-0 Chelsea defeat at Fulham in March 2006 - i get sick of watching managers waiting, trusting their players until the 60-70th minutes, when it's too late to affect a match. If it ain't working early doors, sometimes you have change it.

He's doing a decent job at Spurs and he'll have no better chance than this weird season to finally land a trophy for Spurs.

Why is it a weird season ? 4 of the teams you'd expect to be in the top 6 or 7 are in the top 4 places and no doubt some of the other top teams will find there way into the top 6 or are you calling it is weird because City aren't in the top 6 ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, singasong said:

Why is it a weird season ? 4 of the teams you'd expect to be in the top 6 or 7 are in the top 4 places and no doubt some of the other top teams will find there way into the top 6 or are you calling it is weird because City aren't in the top 6 ?

It will probably level off but you can't deny it's been pretty weird to date. One example, almost relegated team 7 vs 2 champions - that kind of thing happen during normal seasons? NO it doesn't.

42 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It will probably level off but you can't deny it's been pretty weird to date. One example, almost relegated team 7 vs 2 champions - that kind of thing happen during normal seasons? NO it doesn't.

So 4 or 5 high scoring games with Liverpool being on the end of one of them makes it a weird season (when we are not even a quarter of the way through the season ) ? it's not like sh*t teams are at the top of the table and decent teams are in the relegation positions, now that would be weird.

Edited by singasong
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah he got a massive 0.13 higher average on the BBC. Pretty conclusive. 

Apologies. 

Yeah son made the crusial breakthrough and the game could have played out completely diferently if he hadn't  but  Kane IS gettin bac to his best.. first time I've seen him make those deep starting power runs and actually pull away.. however the REAL reason we won the match was sissoko and hjoy... Our holding midfield pair were EVERYWHERE, coverin our wing Bacs CBS ... The lot. They were TRULY outstanding..

Edited by 3 minus 2

1 hour ago, singasong said:

So 4 or 5 high scoring games with Liverpool being on the end of one of them makes it a weird season (when we are not even a quarter of the way through the season ) ? it's not like sh*t teams are at the top of the table and decent teams are in the relegation positions, now that would be weird.

So everyone bar you has the opinion that this is not your normal season due to the effects of Covid.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So everyone bar you has the opinion that this is not your normal season due to the effects of Covid.

Of course it's not normal due to covid, but we were discussing you stating it was a  weird season due to unusual scores.

Edited by singasong

4 hours ago, jellydog said:

Hmmmmm....

Jose Mourinho's league finishes during his second season:

Porto - 1st

Chelsea - 1st

Inter Milan - 1st

Real Madrid - 1st

Chelsea - 1st

Man United - 2nd

Spurs - Currently 1st

Just enjoying the football here Jellybean!

On 11/24/2020 at 11:45 AM, jellydog said:

Hmmmmm....

Jose Mourinho's league finishes during his second season:

Porto - 1st

Chelsea - 1st

Inter Milan - 1st

Real Madrid - 1st

Chelsea - 1st

Man United - 2nd

Spurs - Currently 1st

Wow...that's some impressive stats...

4.0 at a canter.... Don't think Hart touched the ball until the second half.. .It was so one sided and the Bulgarians were out of their depth v hard to say anyone's performance warranted a recall to the starting 11.. in fact,  for many itn highlighted why they don't start.. Bale has lost SO much pace,  but he actually went passed their lb,  3 maybe 4 times and had to bring it bac onto his left...which made his spacial gain redundant and  looked clumsy and the X's were <deleted>.. and then we had our right sided attacking player on the lhs  lucus , he's a little gracefully two footed ... but <deleted> Jose play bale on the left and lucus on the right...the pundits raved about Ali and he looked great .. and in the oppnants half, he is,  around their box.. he's amazing, a class act.. wherehe ain't so great is in the center of the park and in and around our defence .. which under Jose's system he'd need to do and last night wasn't called to do. .... or the other option is for him to play up front and that'll mean displacing son. Anyways it was a good run out for the fringers, and a couple of youngsters made their debuts .... On to the chavs... Who.. I reckon, next to Liverpool, are the most likely challengers for the title.. and traditionally we don't do well against.. like the city game .. the first goal is gonna be crucial...