Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

7 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Considering there last 2 managers/coaches did not see out there contracts....18 months is a financially reasonable start for both parties imho.

Especially if he asks for a certain transfer budget. He wants to be sure they will keep their word.

35 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I take it you’re ok with name calling and have no objection if, from now on, I refer to you as Rick The D.ick. ?

Obviously I will abbreviate it to RTD?

It was only in jest rather than wanting to cause offence. It won't let me edit the post. But I take your point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It was only in jest rather than wanting to cause offence. It won't let me edit the post. But I take your point.

Yes clearly not gonna do that,

it was purely making the point., some people may take offence  and have different levels of acceptance. 

Speaking from someone who has learnt the hard way lol  

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Considering there last 2 managers/coaches did not see out there contracts....18 months is a financially reasonable start for both parties imho.

Nuno only just signed a 2 year deal in june, so they have deducted Nuno's time spent from Conte's alleged contract. It's Levy being tight fisted and not wanting to pay out too much if he has to sack Conte. The danger is that if United sack Ole, they won't have to pay Spurs much in compensation should they want Conte. Could blow up in Levy's face if he's not careful. imho

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Nuno only just signed a 2 year deal in june, so they have deducted Nuno's time spent from Conte's alleged contract. It's Levy being tight fisted and not wanting to pay out too much if he has to sack Conte. The danger is that if United sack Ole, they won't have to pay Spurs much in compensation should they want Conte. Could blow up in Levy's face if he's not careful. imho

What the hell as the Norwegian Fisherman got to do with Conte only being offered a 18 month contract?

Which club in there right mind are are going to offer any new coach/manager longer than 2 years in today's unstable climate.

You expected Levy to offer how many years to Conte to "Show Commitment" ?

15 hours ago, jellydog said:

A pity about Nuno who always struck me as a decent sort, but no denying the obvious. But why would Conte, a serial winner, want any part of this depleted squad and Levy?

and who doesn't like coming in part way through a season...

What a nice surprise, I had almost given up this season but now we could actually start fighting again.

Conte does not like lazy players, I am pretty sure Harry Kane and the rest of the team  will look very different from now on.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

The worst union I can think of - Conte and Levy. One wanting to show & spend millions and the other who could give Fagan a run for his money. I'm amazed he signed - can't see anything but trouble,

Things need livening up Spurs

On 10/31/2021 at 1:37 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

We are utterly garbage yep.

Come on Ronnie this is an anonymous forum, no need for facts. 

Gung-ho tub thumping is what's called for. Shades of Kerrydale Street and Red and White Kop. 

Edit: not quite utterly garbage enough yesterday. 

Edited by rott

2 hours ago, rott said:

Come on Ronnie this is an anonymous forum, no need for facts. 

Gung-ho tub thumping is what's called for. Shades of Kerrydale Street and Red and White Kop. 

Edit: not quite utterly garbage enough yesterday. 

A point away at Goodison is not a bad result.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 10:53 AM, keithsimmonds said:

Which club in there right mind are are going to offer any new coach/manager longer than 2 years in today's unstable climate.

Since Conte arrived at Spurs there have been several appointments in the PL. All more than 2 years, I keep my stance that 18 months for Conte shows no commitment 

Aston Villa - Stevie Gerrard 3 and a half year deal

Newcastle - Eddie How 2 and a half year contract

Norwich - Dean Smith 2 and a half year contract

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Since Conte arrived at Spurs there have been several appointments in the PL. All more than 2 years, I keep my stance that 18 months for Conte shows no commitment 

Aston Villa - Stevie Gerrard 3 and a half year deal

Newcastle - Eddie How 2 and a half year contract

Norwich - Dean Smith 2 and a half year contract

But he's a manager who shows no commitment to his clubs historically, so why make a long term commitment to him?

16 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He's also on a far bigger wedge than those other three

Irrelevant in today's game. A few million here and there is nothing but a write off. Spurs I think are still having to pay Mourinho 15 million quid and Nuno 14 million quid after sacking them

22 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

But he's a manager who shows no commitment to his clubs historically, so why make a long term commitment to him?

Well that's a nice way at looking at the relationship with a new manager. Bit like getting married but because your wife has been married before you insist an a pre-nup cos you reckon it won't last

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Spurs I think are still having to pay Mourinho 15 million quid and Nuno 14 million quid after sacking them

Exactly.... I think that's why Levy wants to put a stop to that.

For me it's sensible, 18 months is a long time for Conte. He might have won them the league by then..... or..... maybe not.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well that's a nice way at looking at the relationship with a new manager. Bit like getting married but because your wife has been married before you insist an a pre-nup cos you reckon it won't last

Wouldn't it be great if marriages came with a get out clause at 18 months? Better for both parties...... I might be interested if that were the case. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

For me it's sensible, 18 months is a long time for Conte. He might have won them the league by then..... or..... maybe not.

Everyone said Pep would only be with us for 2 years. To me, it just sends out a "this is a temporary" appointment but if everyone is happy. Sobeit

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Irrelevant in today's game. A few million here and there is nothing but a write off. Spurs I think are still having to pay Mourinho 15 million quid and Nuno 14 million quid after sacking them

You post the above above...and you want Levy to show some commitment to Conte...more than 18 months worth.