Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Spurs will never be Spursy when Big Ange is the boss. We will play our style of football, we might start losing a few games due to a small injury crisis, but I can promise you lots of entertainment this season. 

We would have beaten a very poor Chelsea side on another day.  I agree we really need our best players to perform at the highest level , but we never been a title contender this season whatever the media are saying. Top 5 and Champions League football next season should be within reach now. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well suddenly all changes when 4-5 key players are out, I am worried , Villa will be a very difficult game and then City the week after.  So we could end up outside the top 6 in a couple of weeks, but it's a long season, just need our best players back . 

Edited by balo

37 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

You lot are looing shaky mrboj hahaha!

Where is your mate? Probably enjoying the Argie exchange rates and snorting the finest etc etc lol

Ha! Ha! Exchange rates yes! Snorting....no!

Big changes in store here, Smokie. No telling what will happen.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 10:28 AM, mrbojangles said:

Yep bud. We're in a weird moment.  Making plenty of chances but not finishing. Or when we do, we're letting them in at the other end. Makes the title race more exciting I suppose

Yep its a cracking race this year...really enjoying it so far

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2023 at 9:18 PM, balo said:

We still need some luck to stay there, I am just happy we are guaranteed entertaining football this season. 

Luck in terms of injuries and suspensions. That 1 Chelsea game cost us 4 players, 3 points and possibly 9 more following the game.

What I like about us this year is despite the horrific injuries and suspensions, we've not panicked and made the most of a very threadbare, average second string. With Madison, VDV, Romero and a few good signings in January we should be optimistic about mid to late January onwards.

COYS

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Yep all looking rosy...Dragusan looks a shoe in but always Lefy could fook it up I suppose.

Typica Levy. Just as we make progress he takes the momentum away. Did it with Poch no? If Gallagher is available at 50m, a CB and another forward what could happen with Ange at the mantle? Pipe dream with DL at the helm. 

Couldn't tell you anything about the players we're after at the moment. Sound good in the press but they all do. We had a right touch with VDV. Hit the floor sprinting as did Vicario. Hoping Dragusan can too. Seen a fair few world beating defenders join and be total wrecks. Remember Vlad Chiriches? 

Be interesting to see if Ange can get Sessagnon to fulfil his potential when he returns. I still think there's a player in him. Reminds me of Danny Rose's career.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jellydog said:

Never fear! Timo "I can't score a goal" Werner is on the way!:tongue:

Now now lad...this could be an inspired signing for us.

Quite why he is allowed to leave on loan in Jan is a worry though lol.

Better than Scarlett on the bench I suppose.

• Agree 1

Jellybean was reported to have scurried off to his Barrio overlooking the Malvinas following the draw late last night.

Mrboj apparently spat out his coffee in disgust after hearing of the news.

He's on the phone now asking why his bribe never worked!

8 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Jellybean was reported to have scurried off to his Barrio overlooking the Malvinas following the draw late last night.

Mrboj apparently spat out his coffee in disgust after hearing of the news.

He's on the phone now asking why his bribe never worked!

Darn Spurs!

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2024 at 9:51 PM, jellydog said:

Never fear! Timo "I can't score a goal" Werner is on the way!:tongue:

This will probably come back to bite me but I thought he looked electric at Chelsea. So quick and although he missed so many, the positions he kept getting into were frightening. 12 goals, 14 assists in 52 games, 32 starts. He also was responsible for 8 of the 17 penalties Chelsea got. Most fouled player. Plenty there to think about. I thought they got rid of him to hastily. I'd rather him than Havertz.

Hasn't worked out back in Germany but I have this down as a really good signing. I reckon he's suited perfectly to this Spurs team. Might miss loads but he'll create more. Imagine him and Madison together. 

A CB, striker, now just a CM to come in. Gallagher is a Chelsea boy all day long. Won't be the same at Spurs. Skippy is just not good enough sadly. No idea where they'll look. 

Get our full team back at the end of the month and we're as good as anybody.

COYS

3 hours ago, Barnet1900 said:

This will probably come back to bite me but I thought he looked electric at Chelsea. So quick and although he missed so many, the positions he kept getting into were frightening. 12 goals, 14 assists in 52 games, 32 starts. He also was responsible for 8 of the 17 penalties Chelsea got. Most fouled player. Plenty there to think about. I thought they got rid of him to hastily. I'd rather him than Havertz.

Hasn't worked out back in Germany but I have this down as a really good signing. I reckon he's suited perfectly to this Spurs team. Might miss loads but he'll create more. Imagine him and Madison together. 

A CB, striker, now just a CM to come in. Gallagher is a Chelsea boy all day long. Won't be the same at Spurs. Skippy is just not good enough sadly. No idea where they'll look. 

Get our full team back at the end of the month and we're as good as anybody.

COYS

Agreed with that, but you don't have to be much of a footballer to be better than Havertz!