Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Further to this decision is VAR failure to react with sense to this knee jerk referee decision.

Yet have 5 mins of bs for two correct refereeing decisions.

Nonsense really.

Plenty of red cards have been rescinded over the years upon appeal. And all before VAR was being used

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

My point is VAR should have stepped in and fixed it on the spot.

If the ref could just have a look at the monitor, like we saw in CL last night, it would never been a red card. And the result would have been different. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, balo said:

If the ref could just have a look at the monitor, like we saw in CL last night, it would never been a red card. And the result would have been different. 

Exactly. I still hate VAR but depriving the refs of decision making is a huge mistake.

• Like 1

been a while since i've posted..  SO   ... this season so far our prem performances have been shocking. next to watford we're the worst team i've seen in the prem.. and probably the worst i've seen us since.... ohh 78ish when we brought ossie and villa   why?..  levy must shoulder some blame the contract situ is a mess sayin that   i really cant believe poch has NO say in whose given  contracts and whose not and whilst levy has backed poch .. we've enjoyed toby for 3ish yrs when argualby he was one of the if not the best c'bs in the prem, BUT he's lost a yard and needs replacing. in fact our whole bac line  aint really up to scratch  and whilst I'm pleased poch bought in the summer he bought attackin options and more or less ignored our defence . .so if i could see it .. <deleted> couldnt the pro's.?  .Whilst i enjoyed pre season playin some of the euro elite the abso MAD shedule really looks as tho its taking its toll .when i watch us, I  see a team that struggles to step up a gear .

Saying that ali is on his sway bac and he WILL make a diference  and kane aint in top gear atm   add that  to our new boys who look ok, but will take a while to settle in.. so all is not lost though tbh atm cant c us getting anywhere near the top 4.. but as we all know footies a funny old game and a season is VERY long

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

<deleted> I didn't see that coming.

Surprising and not surprising I guess. Pochy did a heck of a job at Spurs and clearly a very good manager. I suppose management didn't feel he was the right guy to turn things around. Did he lose the dressing room? Did Levy sabotage any chances of improving the squad because he is Levy? Questions abound, and I hope Jose the <deleted>bird Mourinho isn't the answer to any of them.

17 minutes ago, jellydog said:

? Questions abound, and I hope Jose the <deleted>bird Mourinho isn't the answer to any of them.

The timing suggests they have someone waiting in the wings. 

Mourinho @ 1/3 suggests it might be  him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The timing suggests they have someone waiting in the wings. 

Mourinho @ 1/3 suggests it might be  him. 

Nauseating. Even more so if Levy would be prepared to spend the big money he never spent for Pochettino.:sick:

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Nauseating. Even more so if Levy would be prepared to spend the big money he never spent for Pochettino.:sick:

Can’t see Mourinho  even contemplating it if he wasn’t promised a money pot. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Can’t see Mourinho  even contemplating it if he wasn’t promised a money pot. 

Exactly, and I have a hard time envisaging Levy spending big money for any manager. Maybe Mourinho isn't the choice then. Fingers crossed.

Cripes. Champs Lge final less than 6 months ago. Bayern Munich job is available, though Pep is being touted for that. Pep to Munich, Poch to City? Poch to United? Poch to Arsenal?

There is trouble at 't mill at Spurs. Big changes in and out methinks. Anyone else notice how Vertonghen and Ericson are never in the same starting XI?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Exactly, and I have a hard time envisaging Levy spending big money for any manager. Maybe Mourinho isn't the choice then. Fingers crossed.

Allegri maybe. Seems a decent fit. 

Dont nick Benitez, we are having him. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, champers said:

Cripes. Champs Lge final less than 6 months ago. Bayern Munich job is available, though Pep is being touted for that. Pep to Munich, Poch to City? Poch to United? Poch to Arsenal?

There is trouble at 't mill at Spurs. Big changes in and out methinks. Anyone else notice how Vertonghen and Ericson are never in the same starting XI?

I'd bet Eddie Woodward is getting a woody thinking about Pochy being available.

You could feel that coming. Lost the winning mentally, unhappy squad, constantly making gripes about his lot.

He should really have won SOMETHING with that squad but could never get over the line which reflects badly on him and has yet to win a trophy as a manager. His only honours in his time at Spurs:

Individual

CL qualification could be a real challenge, which i think might be a major factor in sacking to try to give soneone 6 months to turn it around, and luckily for you most big teams are also struggling this season . Go out and get the fat Spanish Bank Manager for <deleted> sake - he's a winner and will turn that squad around.

Longest serving PL managers are now Howe, Dyche, Klopp, Pep then Nuno Espirito Santo.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

^^ yeah the squad/team has no matter what formation/ shape poch used,its had a stale feeling.. and given that  the <deleted> poor prem form stretch's way bac to b4 last xmas ..him going,  it shouldnt really be a surprise.. coldly.. it could be argued given the average life of a prem manager   he's been lucky to keep his job for so long.     so   wot next for the mighty spurs?    murry .. i hope not  he goes against ALL our traditions.   howe ?  the norwich manager .. farke ?   or one of the italian boys?  levy  recent history of pickin managers is pretty decent.. so  we  will see

Edited by 3 minus 2