Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

Exactly. Mind boggling. 

Totally mind boggling...

- Appointing arguably the best manager of the modern era.

- Withholding budget from a manager who is reported to be eyeing a move.

- That Jose might have actually talked about spending before joining.

Totally, totally mind boggling.......

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Shame, I was enjoying the Souness, Keane and Mourinho dynamic. 

Bob we can talk all night but that ain't getting us nowhere, I told you everything I possibly can, there's nothing left inside of here, now don't be sad 'cause two out of three ain't bad.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Haha 1

Mourinho and Levy are both difficult characters to get on with. I can see a big falling out at some time in the future, probably over lack of transfer funds.
Wonder if Mourinho will make it to his 3rd year before the usual fallout, or it will be earlier?

22 minutes ago, katana said:

Mourinho and Levy are both difficult characters to get on with. I can see a big falling out at some time in the future, probably over lack of transfer funds.
Wonder if Mourinho will make it to his 3rd year before the usual fallout, or it will be earlier?

If he plays defensive football it will be the fans calling for his head by May.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Cost a lot more than your council house lads.

Too right it did: Spurs got mugged mate. :clap2:

Spurs spent between £800,000,000 to £1,200,000,000 (Wiki reckon £1,000,000,000) on your stadium build.

City spent JUST £20,000,000; our share of the redevelopment of the Athletics to Football stadium.

We pay an annual rental of £2,000,000; increased by another £2,000,000 for gaining the naming rights to the Stadium (that 2M is covered by the Etihad Airways sponsorship deal) - just think how many years at £4M rental we'd have to pay rent for to equal a spend of £1Bn.

You have a cramped hemmed-in campus with no spare land to develop on. We have a massive open campus with acres of spare land to develop on.

Yep it certainly "Cost a lot more than OUR council house lads" :cheesy:

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Klopp apparently only gets paid a measly £7M by the bindippers.

A lot of New Balance shell suits have to be sold in the club shop to raise £7m

Spurs have higher quality attire with Nike. Liverpool might be able to afford to pay Klopp more when they also change to Nike

20 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

He never made any truly baffling decisions with Utd.....buying Pogba (it was him wasn't it?) was a poor decision but he got shafted there by the players and his chairman who refused to buy the CH he wanted.

If he leaves the bs alone and concentrates on building a cracking squad this could be an excellent appointment.

The Jan window will tell us a lot I think.

No truly baffling decisions apart from turning what was once considered the blueprint team in attractive attacking football into a boring one.....along with Van Gaal's prior help. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Too right it did: Spurs got mugged mate. :clap2:

Spurs spent between £800,000,000 to £1,200,000,000 (Wiki reckon £1,000,000,000) on your stadium build.

City spent JUST £20,000,000; our share of the redevelopment of the Athletics to Football stadium.

We pay an annual rental of £2,000,000; increased by another £2,000,000 for gaining the naming rights to the Stadium (that 2M is covered by the Etihad Airways sponsorship deal) - just think how many years at £4M rental we'd have to pay rent for to equal a spend of £1Bn.

You have a cramped hemmed-in campus with no spare land to develop on. We have a massive open campus with acres of spare land to develop on.

Yep it certainly "Cost a lot more than OUR council house lads" :cheesy:

Dress it up as you want.. you'll  ALWAYS be that  team that lives on  a council estate from the distant sticks  .. and quoting Sponsorship  .. REALLY..   when you've lied about them and its leading  to a  champions lge ban and HEY its well deserved .

• Haha 1

I have to admit I do not like Mourinho. I was shocked at first, but after many seasons without a trophy I am fine with him being there for 18 months until he get us a trophy . He always win something, a cup or whatever.  But I can't see he last for a long time, well I will give him 2 seasons. 

COYS!  

19 hours ago, xylophone said:

No truly baffling decisions apart from turning what was once considered the blueprint team in attractive attacking football into a boring one.....along with Van Gaal's prior help. 

That's totally incorrect.

1. Rednose left an ageing squad.

2. ManU first tried Moyes to revive that squad and get back to being winners.

3. ManU next tried VanGaal....etc.

4. 3 years after Rednose retired, ManU next tried Mourinho he came in 2nd in the title race and won a cup.

Don't try and put the blame on ManU's decline on Mourinho; there's been many factors involved.

18 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Dress it up as you want.. you'll  ALWAYS be that  team that lives on  a council estate from the distant sticks  .. and quoting Sponsorship  .. REALLY..   when you've lied about them and its leading  to a  champions lge ban and HEY its well deserved .

1. Dress it up? It's fact.

And if a council estate was good enough for me it certainly good enough for my club ???? Oh, and i also love us being called The Noisy Neighbours.

2. And you're off again on your 'guilty until proven innocent' tirade again. Bet you believe everything you read in your newspaper of choice, The Sun ????

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

That's totally incorrect.

1. Rednose left an ageing squad.

2. ManU first tried Moyes to revive that squad and get back to being winners.

3. ManU next tried VanGaal....etc.

4. 3 years after Rednose retired, ManU next tried Mourinho he came in 2nd in the title race and won a cup.

Don't try and put the blame on ManU's decline on Mourinho; there's been many factors involved.

Can't disagree with some points BUT Maureens style of play was drab and defensive and that style was not what Utd were renowned for. And strange that there was some kind of player "revolt" in 3 of the sides he managed....

On 11/20/2019 at 3:45 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

If he leaves the bs alone and concentrates on building a cracking squad this could be an excellent appointment.

The Jan window will tell us a lot I think.

I wouldn't expect any activity in the Jan window unless

players are sold first to free up room in the squad.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/20/jose-mourinho-tottenham-told-no-money-transfers-january

It'll be next summer when this sqaud get's an overhaul

and the likes of Eriksen, Jan & Toby leave and poss

Wanyama, Rose & Aurier.

Although Mourinho may have the influence to get Toby to

stay, as it's known he wanted to take him to Utd.

2 hours ago, sotsira said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/20/jose-mourinho-tottenham-told-no-money-transfers-january

Wanyama, Rose & Aurier.

Expect Matic to arrive soon.

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Dress it up? It's fact.

And if a council estate was good enough for me it certainly good enough for my club ???? Oh, and i also love us being called The Noisy Neighbours.

2. And you're off again on your 'guilty until proven innocent' tirade again. Bet you believe everything you read in your newspaper of choice, The Sun ????

get it right you ARE guilty.. your on a supended sentence   AND your legal teams rather comical and has to be said pathetic attempt to get the awaiting sentence quoshed..has to go down as the footballing legal joke of the season if not decade . they couldnt even  get that right..

as for  ' well it was all right for me so its all right for them'  .. smacks of a very very old sad mans arguement,  that frankly is nonsence...

so if you want to'debate'  up your game !

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sotsira said:

Wanyama, Rose & Aurier.

from watchin how murry plays.. wouldnt be surprised to see him use wanyama and or dier .. if history repeats itself he does like a little muscle in front of his defence.. and i do believe and i could be wrong on the order of  this but  he did try to sign dier for utd.. b4 turning his sights over to the chavs matic.. As for toby he's lost a yard.. and frankly.. he needs to go.. but hey we'll c 

^ibra has a pretty impressive goal tally in mls.. but in the prem he'd at best get 10 mins.. never in a mil yrs would he be a starter and @ that age you HAVE to keep it goin... ad that to he' s a <deleted>....and a figin expensive one.. but hey perhaps levy is really after makin a statement. but NAH... perhaps murry will cari on with bringing in yoof... knowing levies pockets he'll have to sell to buy..  so who's @threat?  ali ?  the new lads?  the contract issue brigade?  tbh its almost   geting  a bit like a  

soap...????

No CL next season. lost approx 40 mil???? Maureen approx 45 mil

Poch approx 12 mil

Close to 100 mil + war chest

and Ohhh

The Daddy of them all

The state of the art stadium

to be paid

All due to Old Joe and  spend thriftLevy

Leeds Mark 2 is my call

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

from watchin how murry plays.. wouldnt be surprised to see him use wanyama and or dier .. if history repeats itself he does like a little muscle in front of his defence.. and i do believe and i could be wrong on the order of  this but  he did try to sign dier for utd.. b4 turning his sights over to the chavs matic.. As for toby he's lost a yard.. and frankly.. he needs to go.. but hey we'll c 

Dier has had a lot of time out due to his appendicitis a year 

ago and is only now getting back to full fitness at only 25yrs

of age he can get back to where he was a couple seasons ago.

Wanyama on the other hand is 28yrs and looking like the knee

injuries have taken their toll. I think Mourinho will use Dier more

as his fitness improves.

Toby will be 31yrs in March so he could still play a couple more

seasons whilst the younger CB's bed in.

38 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Dier has had a lot of time out due to his appendicitis a year 

ago and is only now getting back to full fitness at only 25yrs

of age he can get back to where he was a couple seasons ago.

Wanyama on the other hand is 28yrs and looking like the knee

injuries have taken their toll. I think Mourinho will use Dier more

as his fitness improves.

Toby will be 31yrs in March so he could still play a couple more

seasons whilst the younger CB's bed in.

yeah u could be right bout wanyama ... shame . but if matic in his physical shape,, truly shockin state... can do a decent job for murry at holdin.. i'de go wanyama could do it for a season.. whilst the young ones get up to speed... winks could well fall victim ATM he just aint a good enuf defender and that will HAVE to change or else imo he'll be gone , just like so many  many of  clearly nearlies we've had over the years

one thing is it aint a leeds... joe and co WILL have the monies WELL sorted out... not like a child that has just discovered 'credit' which is EXACTLY wot leeds were like...just plain old stupidity.. and that is on e  thing levy aint, is stupid ..

Edited by 3 minus 2