Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

42 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

He should really have won SOMETHING with that squad but could never get over the line which reflects badly on him and has yet to win a trophy as a manager. His only honours in his time at Spurs:

I think Spurs under Poch have done very well.  Played some good football and consistently rolled over some big boys.

I think Mourinho would be ideal, except for his big spending ways. which would have to be considered.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

<deleted> I didn't see that coming.

Well they say the table never lies, well here’s Spurs form guide and shows a drastic deterioration in the 2nd half of last season and a continuing deterioration this season. So it was on the cards.

1st half last season –       P19 W15 D0 L4 F42 A18 GD24 Points 45 Points per game 2.34

2nd half last season –      P19 W8 D2 L9 F25 A21 GD4 Points 27 Points per game 1.42

This season -                    P12 W3 D5 L4 F18 A17 GD 1 Points 14 Points per game 1.16 Currently 14th position

Expected points at current form = 38 games x 1.16 points = 44 points; good enough for 15th position last season

Could he have turned it around? Possibly. But league form over the past 11 months has been poor, and over such a long period it’s not a blip that gets turned around easily.

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Well they say the table never lies, well here’s Spurs form guide and shows a drastic deterioration in the 2nd half of last season and a continuing deterioration this season. So it was on the cards.

1st half last season –       P19 W15 D0 L4 F42 A18 GD24 Points 45 Points per game 2.34

2nd half last season –      P19 W8 D2 L9 F25 A21 GD4 Points 27 Points per game 1.42

This season -                    P12 W3 D5 L4 F18 A17 GD 1 Points 14 Points per game 1.16 Currently 14th position

Expected points at current form = 38 games x 1.16 points = 44 points; good enough for 15th position last season

Could he have turned it around? Possibly. But league form over the past 11 months has been poor, and over such a long period it’s not a blip that gets turned around easily.

The buck stops with Levy

who pays his players. under the going rate.(yet his salary is 6 mil plus)

Refuses to spend (big money)in any transfer window.

Presently has at least 4 disgruntled players on his books . who are just running down their contracts.  and he doing very little .to move them on  

Under Levy.s cruel spendthrift dictatorship

One League Cup silverware in close to 2 decades. surely proves his leadership is <deleted>.

Poch deserves a medal for lasting around 5 seasons with this ??????

Very happy that  he picks up approx 12 mil for his sacking????

Levy will not sleep for a week on that pay out

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just been announced. Mourinho is Spurs new manager

...signed a contract until the end of the 2022-23 season.

If there was a decent search function - there isn't - I'd search for:

- The last time someone posted "in Poch we trust" as my recollection is its yonks ago.

- Which of you Spurs lot hasn't slagged off Mourinho over the years.

If you want to win trophies then Mourinho is your go to man. Get a trophy and the feel good factor might kick on further.

In that 2 year golden period of Pochs team circa Leicester being champions, i reckon Mourinho could have won the title with that squad.

Doubt he'll be there in 5 years like Poch (not many managers last long these day) but he is a serial winner. Welcome back Maureen.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just been announced. Mourinho is Spurs new manager

Worst kept secret for .at least a week.???? Joe.s

Tavistock Co. must have bank rolled it

as Levy is a gutless spendthrift Chairman. to sanction this huge gamble in money terms and silverware on the table

Indeed .interesting times lay ahead. as Mourinho has been sacked by his last 3 clubs, and from memory all inside 2 yrs( can be corrected on that)

My call is .no middle ground on Mourinho.s return to the EPL with Totts either.

Heaven or Hell

Typical Spursy????

20 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Still can't see how Levy & Mourinho will work in tandem together.

I imagine he won't have joined without assurances on transfer budget etc.

Spurs fit the profile of club Jose was looking for. New stadium, passionate fans who are a bit more patient than another North London club.

The worrying thing for me is if this starts to go well. Could prove to be a masterstroke to be honest.

7 minutes ago, Jockstar said:

Jose likes to spend money. Will Levy let him? If so, why did he not give money to Pochettino ?

It's not all down to Levy, he isn't the source of the funds here.

They spent a lot of money on the new stadium, which naturally had its effects on the transfer budget. And why would you give someone a huge kitty when they seemed uncommitted and had been openly flirting with other clubs?

3 minutes ago, Jockstar said:

Jose likes to spend money. Will Levy let him? If so, why did he not give money to Pochettino ?

Old Bahamas Joe is The God Father of Toots

Levy is just a  gutless soldier

Money will be there in abundance for Mouriinho to do a Man U repeat????

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So cut to the chase.... (I assume this is the original 3-2). Are you happy with the appointment or not?

What do you think @RonniePickering22 ?

He never made any truly baffling decisions with Utd.....buying Pogba (it was him wasn't it?) was a poor decision but he got shafted there by the players and his chairman who refused to buy the CH he wanted.

If he leaves the bs alone and concentrates on building a cracking squad this could be an excellent appointment.

The Jan window will tell us a lot I think.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well he's our manager now and he'll get our support....let's see how this goes but I don't expect to see Mbappe on our shopping list.

Looking at the  cold light of day.

Poch had to go???? hovering below mid table .no form what so ever . No C/L next season  Possibly relegated .whilst having a State of the Art Stadium  to pay  for  

Poch is sadly the fall guy. for their present demise.

Where Levy should have got the sack .for not backing Poch  up 

Levy is Totts  major problem

no one else

Mourinho will sort Levy out quick smart

My way or the Highway

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, deej said:

Looking at the  cold light of day.

Poch had to go???? hovering below mid table .no form what so ever . No C/L next season  Possibly relegated .whilst having a State of the Art Stadium  to pay  for  

Poch is sadly the fall guy. for their present demise.

Where Levy should have got the sack .for not backing Poch  up 

Levy is Totts  major problem

no one else

Mourinho will sort Levy out quick smart

My way or the Highway

Well Levy is a far smarter chairman than Woodward and does have the best interests of the team in mind and not just the Glazer balance sheet but Mourinho likes a big budget....going to be very interesting this.

58 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well Levy is a far smarter chairman than Woodward 

Levy smarter ? debatable

One lousy peice of silverware. in close to 2 decades of being Chairman

But

Spursy mindset thinking????

rules again

Edited by deej

he's a defensive coach.. that's against the tottenham grain.. HOWEVER.. he wins trophies.. so for a couple of seasons he's  worth a punt .. from the owners pnt of view.. GOT, the state of art training center. GOT, the amazin new ground.. seems churlish after that investment not to go for the full set and get the trophies  And tradiomally thats what murry does.   AND it aint worth employin him if he cant buy and I'm sure he woildnt come if money wasnt availiable. and he  does  have a presence in buyin at the top end of the market..and arguably thats where we've been weak.. BIG step for our owner   .. but there again he CAN  afford it even  if it goes tits up.!! ....... my gut is it wont... right man at the right time   but we'll c

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 2