Coyotes' Last Dance

george

Coyotes' last dance

AYUYTTHAYA: -- Ayutthaya authorities and the provincial culture office have eliminated "coyote dancers" from commercial promotions and events.

Provincial culture office chief Niphon Thoopboocha said the agreement was vital to the tourism industry. The province is home to many historic sites and World Heritage locations. Business owners and event organisers had cooperated, he said.

Girls dancing in provocative outfits had become widespread in Ayutthaya. The office took action after several complaints, especially over dancing at marketplaces.

The Culture Ministry's Cultural Watchdog Centre director Ladda Tangsupachai said it had registered 1,341 young dancers. Most had obtained work.

Coyote dancing all but evaporated on holy days and at temples after a campaign late last year.

Buri Ram, Loei, Phetchaburi, Ubon Ratchathani, Kamphaeng Phet, Chiang Rai, Trat, Lamphun, Chon Buri and Uttaradit are now coyote dance-free.

--The Nation 2007-02-19

Coyotes' last dance

AYUYTTHAYA: -- Ayutthaya authorities and the provincial culture office have eliminated "coyote dancers" from commercial promotions and events.

Provincial culture office chief Niphon Thoopboocha said the agreement was vital to the tourism industry. The province is home to many historic sites and World Heritage locations. Business owners and event organisers had cooperated, he said.

Girls dancing in provocative outfits had become widespread in Ayutthaya. The office took action after several complaints, especially over dancing at marketplaces.

The Culture Ministry's Cultural Watchdog Centre director Ladda Tangsupachai said it had registered 1,341 young dancers. Most had obtained work.

Coyote dancing all but evaporated on holy days and at temples after a campaign late last year.

Buri Ram, Loei, Phetchaburi, Ubon Ratchathani, Kamphaeng Phet, Chiang Rai, Trat, Lamphun, Chon Buri and Uttaradit are now coyote dance-free.

--The Nation 2007-02-19

Interesting. I know in two of those provinces there were coyote events this weekend albeit in commercial entertainment premeses, so I guess there are exceptions.

Been asking for a while, but maybe I have not checked the threads enough.

What is the size and cost to the Tax Payer of the Ministry for Rose Tinted Glasses and Mid to Long Term Memory Distortions?

Buildings, people, uniforms, cars etc. Are there any figures anywhere that would show how much this wierd cult/sect is costing.

Another step back to the 1950's for the Culture Ministry...

Back in the 1950s and 1960s they had ramwong girls dancing at public events and, even though by todays standards the dress was conservative, the equally more conservative self-annoited keepers of public morals of that time also complained in outrage about their performances at public events.

I can't speak about Bangkok, but the last major ramwong club in Chiang Mai, The Hennesey club, closed up some 20 years ago.

Another step back to the 1950's for the Culture Ministry...

Back in the 1950s and 1960s they had ramwong girls dancing at public events and, even though by todays standards the dress was conservative, the equally more conservative self-annoited keepers of public morals of that time also complained in outrage about their performances at public events.

I can't speak about Bangkok, but the last major ramwong club in Chiang Mai, The Hennesey club, closed up some 20 years ago.

There were also in the past these ball room dance clubs, where female dance partners were paid per dance. Dunno if they still exist, but i was fortunate enough to spend a hilarious evening in one of them a long time ago somewhere around Thewet.

What's that?!???!

It’s this. The playground for the grown-ups, or something like that. No holds barred, or almost. As if you didn't know: you're a frequent poster there :o

--

Maestro

Can't be too often as I was under the mistaken impression that it wasn't mentioned... but then again, after purusing all the threads there and conducting 3 searches on the Rules, I couldn't find the applicable wording.

So here we are...

And as for the DVD,

To answer your quetion, it's

Sorry...but they still exceeds the acceptable limits for Bedlam

*the photos still exceed the limits, even for Bedlam"

Edited by sriracha john

I haven't read all this thread (it's probably more off topic

than on at this stage) but I wonder what "coyote dancing"

is in Thailand.

I saw the movie "Coyote Ugly" and I saw a lot of sexy

women "se mettent en valeur" (sorry I couldn't think of

a valid translation for that).

And recently I went shopping at Seacon Square where

they had a bar and a band outside so I stopped for a

beer.

I saw a band playing and two young ladies shaking

their hair followed by an exhibition with two of them

astride a single mike stand which they were simultaneously

pretending to stimulate there crotches with.

Sexy dancers I appreciate.

Women degrading themselves put me off my beer.

:o

What's that?!???!

It’s this. The playground for the grown-ups, or something like that. No holds barred, or almost. As if you didn't know: you're a frequent poster there :o

--

Maestro

That link leads to "Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken."

Is that a "private club" or something? :D

• 1 month later...

Two months later and still there is coyote dancing.... at a temple no less... although I noticed Chiang Mai is absent from the list in the OP:

Coyote dancers arrested at temple in Chiang Mai

Police arrested the coyote dancers who performed a show at Sai Moon Temple in Muang district of Chiang Mai province.

The coyote dance at the temple came to an abrupt end after a good citizen reported the unsuitable incident to the local police. The dancers were ladies wearing little clothes and dancing in an arousing manner. The performance was considered inappropriate to be shown in temples, and police had to bring it to an end quickly.

Police said the organizer of this coyote dance was a local bar operator who only wanted to entertain the crowd. Police issued a warning and released the bar operator and the coyote dancers consequently

- ThaiNews

Temple coyote dancers detained

Police arrested but later released a number of scantily clad "coyote dancers" at a Songkran temple fair in Chiang Mai. The "coyote dancers" were performing at the Sai Moon Temple in Muang district of Chiang Mai. Police broke up the show "after a good citizen" reported that the girls were dancing while wearing few clothes, and in an arousing manner.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=118077

Temple coyote dancers detained

Police arrested but later released a number of scantily clad "coyote dancers" at a Songkran temple fair in Chiang Mai. The "coyote dancers" were performing at the Sai Moon Temple in Muang district of Chiang Mai. Police broke up the show "after a good citizen" reported that the girls were dancing while wearing few clothes, and in an arousing manner.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=118077

A "Good citizen?" I think that we could do with less like that then. :o

I could never get my head around why there would EVER be coyote dancers at a temple anyway?

I always wear a shirt with sleeves and long pants to visit the temple. Appropriate dress was one of the first things I learned about visiting a temple or religious site. Perhaps it's just a matter of TIT, but it seems way beyond the pale to me.

If you want dancers set up a tent down the block and party hardy............

Even the working girls know enough to dress for the occasion if they stop at temple on the way to the bar that night.

~WISteve