Paying very old traffic fines

DDLBGR

Reading that it will soon come reality that traffic fines and vehicle road tax renewal will be connected, how old a fine can be paid via Krung Thai bank. Talking at least two years old. Paid two recent fines today, very easy. Though if like the rest of the world I assume there is a pay by date. If so, anyone know the process to pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

You must be lucky then, because at least 3 years ago I had to pay an old fine before I could pay my motorcycle registration and insurance. When I went in to pay for my yearly registration renewal they told me to go down to the cop station to pay my old fine first and bring back the receipt. The good news is there was hardly any markup on the fine

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, tropo said:

You must be lucky then, because at least 3 years ago I had to pay an old fine before I could pay my motorcycle registration and insurance. When I went in to pay for my yearly registration renewal they told me to go down to the cop station to pay my old fine first and bring back the receipt. The good news is there was hardly any markup on the fine

Yep, LTO and the BiB are linked regarding fines. You cannot road tax a ride until fines are cleared..

12 hours ago, tropo said:

You are the only one with such a story.

Nobody until now reported not being able to renew without paying fines.

On 12/9/2018 at 1:11 PM, l4ml4m said:

You are the only one with such a story.

Nobody until now reported not being able to renew without paying fines.

If I'd reported it about 3 years ago, you would have known, but I didn't bother. It's not like every expat in Thailand reports to you about everything that goes on in their lives.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 8:37 AM, transam said:

Yep, LTO and the BiB are linked regarding fines. You cannot road tax a ride until fines are cleared..

Utter nonsense, over the years i've bought several cars and bikes, all my fines get filed accordingly - right in the bin.

When in Rome.....

I think that if you could not tax vehicles until existing fines were paid then no one would bother with tax.

I'd glady pay all my fines when renewing tax, no problem, i aint sticking to there slow speed limits....

1 hour ago, JaiLai said:

Utter nonsense, over the years i've bought several cars and bikes, all my fines get filed accordingly - right in the bin.

When in Rome.....

I think that if you could not tax vehicles until existing fines were paid then no one would bother with tax.

I'd glady pay all my fines when renewing tax, no problem, i aint sticking to there slow speed limits....

OK, so I must have been hallucinating when I went to pick up my registration and was told to visit the police station to pay an unpaid fine first - at the Soi 9 Police Station in Pattaya. Actually, they didn't tell me it was an unpaid fine at the registration office, but I had a pretty good idea it was.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tropo said:

OK, so I must have been hallucinating when I went to pick up my registration and was told to visit the police station to pay an unpaid fine first - at the Soi 9 Police Station in Pattaya. Actually, they didn't tell me it was an unpaid fine at the registration office, but I had a pretty good idea it was.

Must of been

1 hour ago, JaiLai said:

Must of been

What a vivid dream that was. I even remember them returning my old licence down at the cop station after I paid the old fine. I even remember the details of the old fine.

On 12/8/2018 at 8:48 PM, DDLBGR said:

Reading that it will soon come reality that traffic fines and vehicle road tax renewal will be connected,

It is a reality since quite a few years already, as I have read reports on this forum about members who couldn't renew their car tax because of outstanding traffic fine, though some police stations can't be bothered to enter the fines in the computerized database.

Each ticket has to be manually entered in that database, otherwise the land traffic department can't be aware. I also believe that there still were some departments that weren't connected to that database until recently, so those would also not be aware

• Like 1

It is a reality since quite a few years already, as I have read reports on this forum about members who couldn't renew their car tax because of outstanding traffic fine, though some police stations can't be bothered to enter the fines in the computerized database.

Each ticket has to be manually entered in that database, otherwise the land traffic department can't be aware. I also believe that there still were some departments that weren't connected to that database until recently, so those would also not be aware

I’ve renewed tax on vehicles ( cars and bikes ) in 3 different provinces in the last 3-5 years.

I know I have at least 20-30+ outstanding fines, never any issues.

Are the places you and the other poster mention in bkk?

I have no problems collecting fines throughout the year and paying upon tax renewal, it’s the points system I’m worried about - honest ^_*

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 hours ago, JaiLai said:

When in Rome.....

You calling me a liar...?  ????

On 12/9/2018 at 12:48 PM, topt said:

There have been quite a few posters who claim to have never paid years of speeding fines but renew - TV posters wouldn't lie would they ????

Yet there are 3 other current reports (apart from mine) in this very thread from people that couldn't renew until fines were paid... as if people are coming into this boring thread and spreading lies about such an uninteresting topic. Stick your head back in the sand if you wish.

Edited by tropo

6 hours ago, tropo said:

Yet there are 3 other current reports (apart from mine) in this very thread from people that couldn't renew until fines were paid... as if people are coming into this boring thread and spreading lies about such an uninteresting topic. Stick your head back in the sand if you wish.

Nice of you to pick out one small part of my post to quote and ignore the rest which included links......

Please let me know what part of those or anything I said were lies?

Where I have had fines I have paid them (and never suggested otherwise) so no idea why you consider me as appropriate for your sand reference. Others in the thread possibly...........