PM May should renegotiate Brexit deal if loses vote in parliament: Johnson

webfact

Only 20% Back Second Referendum if Deal Voted Down

Remainers went all People’s Vote of Judea on each other this morning, with People’s Vote hilariously attacking the Lib Dems for tabling a “deeply unhelpful” second referendum amendment, accusing them of “political point scoring” and whinging about it being “deeply unfair”. Snigger…

The latest polling from IpsosMORI won’t have made Anna Soubry’s birthday any better either. While over six in ten Brits (62%) think May’s deal will be “bad for the UK as a whole” with only 25% believing it will be good, there is no clear support for a second referendum or cancelling Brexit either if the deal is voted down:

Only 20% of people are in favour of a second referendum on leaving the EU altogether, while the same number would back leaving without a deal at all. A mere 10% back Labour’s preferred option of a general election, while a further 10% would back a referendum on whether or not to accept the deal itself.

The most likely outcomes, that the Government either seeks to reopen negotiations with the EU or a second vote in Parliament is held on substantially the same deal, are also pretty low-scoring, notching up only 19% and 6% support each. The bottom line is that we are in unchartered waters – nobody knows what is going to happen, but it is simply not true for Remainers to claim that there is a clear majority for a second referendum on leaving the EU…

https://order-order.com/2018/12/07/2...um-deal-voted/

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-...ld-happen-next

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"May is incapable to negotiate or even re-negotiate a deal with 

Brussels, why? cos she's a remainer and wants to stay as close to the EU as possible.

She needs to GO ASAP!"

Agree entirely.

"Appoint David Davis as interim then propose to leave the EU with a clean NO DEAL WTO arrangement."

I'd agree, except David Davies is also talking about going back to the eu to re-negotiate, and it's very obvious that the eu won't start negotiating sensibly until they are told that the uk is leaving at the end of the article 50 period ☹️.

I agree, but apart from Davis who else is suitable, certainly not Boris as I wouldn't trust him or Gove for that matter.

My hope is that there would be no time to start fresh negotiations by the time a new PM is elected and with Xmas in the way it would take Britain out on WTO on the 29th March.

Then and only then can the UK start to negotiate free trade with the EU & the rest of the world.

2 minutes ago, sotsira said:

I agree, but apart from Davis who else is suitable, certainly not Boris as I wouldn't trust him or Gove for that matter.

My hope is that there would be no time to start fresh negotiations by the time a new PM is elected and with Xmas in the way it would take Britain out on WTO on the 29th March.

Then and only then can the UK start to negotiate free trade with the EU & the rest of the world.

Do you think Dominic Raab might be worth a punt, I used to think he was a bit of a wet, but I'm slowly getting to like the man. 

TENS OF THOUSANDS of normal every day people descended on London today to peacefully protest about the Brexit Betrayal. If you ever want to see first hand the LIES of the left then look at the Metro, Guardian and Momentum who today published that only 1500 turned up and then WATCH this video! The MSM and establishment are just so scared! Imagine how many more would have turned up if Farage and co had not been spreading scare stories all week. Thank you to each and every one of you, it was a great atmosphere all day. ❤️#BrexitMeansExit ????Join UKIP and scare them some more! https://join.ukip.org

2 quotes from Oliver Cromwell

The first applies to Teresa Mat and Boris Johnson equally and the second applies to Teresa May.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Oliver_Cromwell

1.   No one rises so high as he who knows not whither he is going. (or she)

2.   You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!

Address to the Rump Parliament (20 April 1653)

Sorry about the religious bit but it was in the quote.

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

2 quotes from Oliver Cromwell

The first applies to Teresa Mat and Boris Johnson equally and the second applies to Teresa May.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Oliver_Cromwell

1.   No one rises so high as he who knows not whither he is going. (or she)

2.   You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!

Address to the Rump Parliament (20 April 1653)

Sorry about the religious bit but it was in the quote.

May knew where she was going. It's what ensued after she got there that's the shambles.

Just now, bristolboy said:

May knew where she was gotten. It's what ensued after she got there that's the shambles.

I agree with the first part of your post.

She always intended for the uk to remain within the eu - as proven by her actions. 

Her rhetoric used to pretend that she intended to support the referendum decision ('No deal is better than a bad deal') - but she has changed this recently to 'accept my leave in name only deal or accept that there will be no brexit'.........

3 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

I could suggest who else qualifies as a basket case but Mr Trump won't allow me to say. Proffessional ettiquet and all that.

And a good laugh again: Mr Trump and ‘professional etiquette’ (I hope you don’t mind having your spelling corrected...........)

Maybe the British people might be better advised to send in a real negotiator who is convinced, that the majority of the British people and their vote for Brexit is the right thing to do.
Retire Theresa May; plenty of little seats waiting for people like her in Brussels. 

Just now, Sydebolle said:

Maybe the British people might be better advised to send in a real negotiator who is convinced, that the majority of the British people and their vote for Brexit is the right thing to do.
Retire Theresa May; plenty of little seats waiting for people like her in Brussels. 

"Retire Theresa May; plenty of little seats waiting for people like her in Brussels"

Not if we brexit.....

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...PM May should renegotiate Brexit deal if loses vote in parliament: Johnson..."

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Why would the EU renegotiate? Seriously, why? For what reason?

What will the UK do if the EU does NOT renegotiate? Leave?

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

This is becoming more and more of a farce everyday. I like the UK and have many British friends, but I have to say that the UK has crossed over to the point where they are embarrassing themselves.

I think 'Brexit' is a terrible idea, but that is the policy of the UK, so...

Pack up your stuff and go; you made your choice and now it is time to live with the consequences (sad as they are).

???? Hit the road, Jack ????

???? Don't ya come back no more no more no more... ????

Bit like Trudeau acting tough with Trump on trade, when he ain't in a position to negotiate diddly squat and then arresting a Chinese citizen when the US snaps it's fingers.

That's just the sort of "relationship" position May will lead the UK into. Dopey Boris is good at telling people what they should do, what he thinks the voters want to here and what he can't do himself.

A mess created by Cameron, exploited by the likes of Johnson, Gove, and Farrage, and made worse by the likes of May who thought they could follow their own agenda, by pass parliamentary procedure and fool the people.

If only the great British public would learn from their French neighbors how to deal with shameless governments.

30 minutes ago, evadgib said:
TENS OF THOUSANDS of normal every day people descended on London today to peacefully protest about the Brexit Betrayal. If you ever want to see first hand the LIES of the left then look at the Metro, Guardian and Momentum who today published that only 1500 turned up and then WATCH this video! The MSM and establishment are just so scared! Imagine how many more would have turned up if Farage and co had not been spreading scare stories all week. Thank you to each and every one of you, it was a great atmosphere all day. ❤️#BrexitMeansExit ????Join UKIP and scare them some more! https://join.ukip.org

Take a look at those protesters - they are the real electorate who have been ignored by successive governments. They are not the rent-a-mob of lefties and masked antifa, nor are they the blue face painted party kids on a London day out to 'protest' about something they don't understand.

There are not just the thousands who turned out yesterday, there are Millions more of them who are becoming angry. Angry not only at their democratic referendum votes being usurped by the political elite, but angry at the last forty years of cross party deception about the EU project, while their livelihoods were eroded, jobs exported to the EU and low wage immigrants imported to replace them. The Shires are full of them - and they all have votes to use. After watching the deplorable capitulation of Theresa and her Remaining traitors, they will vote to Leave again if the Europhiles employ more trickery to gain a Losers Vote.

They are the silent majority, not the vociferous conspirators of twattersphere and assorted MSM. If it came to a second referendum, given an unrigged vote they will win again. The working man (and woman) is the backbone of the UK and he's had enough of the political trickery; he does not believe the hysteria of Project Fear; objects to the political parties manipulation; and he despises the chattering class of Liberal Elites. Those parties should beware of the next vote because White Van Man may not vote for what you expect.

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Bit like Trudeau acting tough with Trump on trade, when he ain't in a position to negotiate diddly squat and then arresting a Chinese citizen when the US snaps it's fingers.

That's just the sort of "relationship" position May will lead the UK into. Dopey Boris is good at telling people what they should do, what he thinks the voters want to here and what he can't do himself.

A mess created by Cameron, exploited by the likes of Johnson, Gove, and Farrage, and made worse by the likes of May who thought they could follow their own agenda, by pass parliamentary procedure and fool the people.

If only the great British public would learn from their French neighbors how to deal with shameless governments.

I've no idea about Canada (etc.) as per your first para.

But agree that May's deal is nothing other than making the uk a subservient member of the eu - and paying 39 bn for the privilege!

Cameron was understandably concerned about the rise of UKIP, and thought that a referendum would result in a remain vote - which would quieten the 'leave' voice for a while.

As things turned out he was very wrong......

Edit - Agree entirely with your last para.

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Take a look at those protesters - they are the real electorate who have been ignored by successive governments. They are not the rent-a-mob of lefties and masked antifa, nor are they the blue face painted party kids on a London day out to 'protest' about something they don't understand.

There are not just the thousands who turned out yesterday, there are Millions more of them who are becoming angry. Angry not only at their democratic referendum votes being usurped by the political elite, but angry at the last forty years of cross party deception about the EU project, while their livelihoods were eroded, jobs exported to the EU and low wage immigrants imported to replace them. The Shires are full of them - and they all have votes to use. After watching the deplorable capitulation of Theresa and her Remaining traitors, they will vote to Leave again if the Europhiles employ more trickery to gain a Losers Vote.

They are the silent majority, not the vociferous conspirators of twattersphere and assorted MSM. If it came to a second referendum, given an unrigged vote they will win again. The working man (and woman) is the backbone of the UK and he's had enough of the political trickery; he does not believe the hysteria of Project Fear; objects to the political parties manipulation; and he despises the chattering class of Liberal Elites. Those parties should beware of the next vote because White Van Man may not vote for what you expect.

Oh.  And there was me thinking it was a bunch of far-right, neo-Nazi, Islamophobic, racist, xenophobes, led by an ignorant buffoon who is too right-wing even for Nigel Farage!  Fortunately there are in the minority.

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

You may well be right.  So why are hardcore Brexiteers so against consulting the people again?????

Because there's already been a referendum on the subject.....

Having said that, I think it would be a good idea to have another referendum on whether to accept May's 'deal' (????) or just leave - something for which, politicians clearly have no interest, despite the referendum result....

They just have to find a way to obtain a 'leave in name only deal' that isn't immediately obvious to the electorate - and I've no doubt they're still working on this.....

Oh.  And there was me thinking it was a bunch of far-right, neo-Nazi, Islamophobic, racist, xenophobes, led by an ignorant buffoon who is too right-wing even for Nigel Farage!  Fortunately there are in the minority.

Only goes to show how very wrong you are in your perception of those who want to leave.

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Yes, her rhetoric has changed from 'no deal is better than a bad deal' to 'either accept my deal, or no brexit'!

I'm sure nobody saw this coming.....????.....

It has changed from "no deal is better than a bad deal", then "accept my deal or no Brexit" to "if you don't agree with me, my govt may fall" or fail.

Sorry Ms May, it was a bad theatrical play, exit stage left. And take all the lobbyists and spongers with you.

And go visit the vicar, maybe he/she can explain to you what lying means.

Then go and visit your parliamentory speech when you said you will faithfully follow the democratic process and Represent the British People.

Sham and Shambolic. Then take a back door exit from number 10 and never come back. Lord Haw Haw had more morals than you. 

22 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Can't quite come to grips with what you posted. These rioters are not representative of anyone.

They burned cars, smashed up small businesses, looted, threw petrol bombs, stopped people from going about their lawful business. Actually they do represent something. They represent the right wing neo nazis, the anarchists and losers. Suggest you don a flouro shirt and join them. Maybe some pepper spray and tear gas may make you see reality.

16 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

10 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Only goes to show how very wrong you are in your perception of those who want to leave.

Yeah, maybe I was generalising a bit.  But the photo was pretty damning and if Tommy Robinson was involved then much of what I wrote fits well.

What photo?

"maybe I was generalising a bit"

A bit?!!

You were pursuing the typical remainer line that anyone who supports leave is "far-right, neo-Nazi, Islamophobic, racist, xenophobes"!!!

8 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yeah, maybe I was generalising a bit.  But the photo was pretty damning and if Tommy Robinson was involved then much of what I wrote fits well.

Yep - generalising and insulting to everybody who who doesn't agree with you? Classifying everyone believing something other than your own brand of bigotry as: 'far-right, neo-Nazi, Islamophobic, racist, xenophobes'  just doesn't work.

Pretty soon the masses could be (wholly undeservedly) wearing those badges with a measure of pride and maybe adopting some of those attributes. You really wouldn't like them then.

It's amazing reading the posts here.

Some suggest Davis or Raab should negotiate a better deal.

Didn't they have that job already? Why didn't they come up with such a better deal?

I am sure lots of people would love to know which better deals are out there. And please not any deals with cakes and cherries and unicorns. Real deals which are realistic and which would have a chance to be approved by the EU and the UK.

Come on all your experts, where are your realistic deals? Or maybe just one realistic deal which the UK parliament and the EU would sign. Bring it on!

Archived