Policeman shoots dead male tourist at Trendy Building in Bangkok

webfact

21 hours ago, smileydude said:

In Thailand pretty girls are often attracted to “cops”.  I don’t know whether its the tight uniforms, the power to elicit fear, the machismo or what.  So if your gf has ever had a beau who was a cop and you are not 1000% sure she’s actually cut the cord or he’s the jealous type I would stay away from such “former cop gf’s” at all costs because you will never win against a man who has a gun and knows where to hide.

Just  ask the Norwegian fella who was stitched up by his Thai wife and the local police captain last year.

The Thai police are a law unto their own utter lawlessness.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am familiar with a few Lumphini / Thong Lor coppers as well and know exactly how they operate. 

The numerous and regular stories of their activities countrywide should be enough for any person with a modicum of intelligence to work out they are not there to protect or serve the general public but graft and self-enrichment is the name of the game. 

That was no 'Crime of Passion' that was a street-fight over a brass and subsequent murder committed by a coward.
Not according to the reports I've read, but feel free to carry on speculating.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 12/12/2018 at 10:53 AM, 2008bangkok said:

Apart form the craziness of the whole thing this statement "Immigration Bureau chief Pol Lt Gen Surachate Hakpal instructed investigators at the Lumpini station to handle the case in strict accordance with the law and not try to assist their colleague." just shows Thai society IMHO. I mean what type of person would try to help a colleague that just shot somebody in the head and killed them!!!

If you think Thai society is the only place where police officers have been known to help other officers even after those officers had killed someone, you should read news more widely.

On 12/13/2018 at 7:08 AM, madmen said:

I would hardly call soi 11 low class. Quite the opposite although in the vid it doesn't look like 11

It isn't Soi 11 it is soi 11/1. The soi in between soi 11 and soi 13. By the way the guy lived in a condo at The Trendy in soi 13 that is why he ran to there.

From what has transpired so far the cop is a criminal. The Frenchman an unfortunate victim notwithstanding that he did foolish things like fighting an armed cop. He probably applied western logic in assuming the cop wouldn't shoot as cops are not expected to get emotional and pull a gun. I'm just thinking there are so many people in that area even at dead of night. It's a famous hangout lined with spas, eateries, massage joints ... any innocent bystander could have got hit if that cop had missed his target. 

4 minutes ago, HereIAm said:

From what has transpired so far the cop is a criminal. The Frenchman an unfortunate victim notwithstanding that he did foolish things like fighting an armed cop. He probably applied western logic in assuming the cop wouldn't shoot as cops are not expected to get emotional and pull a gun. I'm just thinking there are so many people in that area even at dead of night. It's a famous hangout lined with spas, eateries, massage joints ... any innocent bystander could have got hit if that cop had missed his target. 

Wasn't it daylight, about 7 in the morning, when the cop shot him? From the video there were few people about.

10 hours ago, bannork said:

Wasn't it daylight, about 7 in the morning, when the cop shot him? From the video there were few people about.

Certainly not in the lobby of the Trendy at that hour. Possibly en route to soi 13 as it was a work day, but no eyewitnesses have come forward.

if in London or America, maybe the family gets 1 billion baht.

i suspect a 20 baht note will suffice in this case. 

But 500 baht cleaning charge, so the family will owe 480.

gf will hopefully get all spare cash and maybe watch...

it's fun buying 20 baht soup, living in 200 baht rooms, until this happens and maybe it's not worth it.

- Did you kill the man?
- Yes
- 10 years in prison.
- But he insulted me. And I repented of my deed.
- It's fine. 5 years in prison.
- I am ready to pay the funeral.
- OK, 2 years
- I have a positive characteristic from my office, and I am also the father of five children
- You should have started with this! It makes a big difference! Why didn't you say that the tourist committed suicide? Case is closed.

On 12/13/2018 at 2:08 PM, madmen said:

I would hardly call soi 11 low class. Quite the opposite although in the vid it doesn't look like 11

Ive had to walk thru there in the last week every morning about 6 am or so and it seems  low class to me,  full of tarts and ladyboys.

Ive had to walk thru there in the last week every morning about 6 am or so and it seems  low class to me,  full of tarts and ladyboys.
Your lost. Lady boys on 11? Totall BS try Sukhumvit or soi 4
.why would you make that up? Damn weirdos on the web

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, madmen said:

He probably means that area , rather than a specific street .

I did also walk to Trendy from Pratnuman market at 6 AM recently and there were indeed tarts and ladyboys along the way 

On 12/24/2018 at 3:31 AM, madmen said:

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

but of  course, why dont you go have a lie down.

On 12/23/2018 at 9:13 PM, lamyai3 said:

the shop would not yet be open - similar opening hours to offices or a mall. 

Need to correct myself, the DDs shop and Tom n Tom's coffee opposite set up from seven, so they would have been open at the time of the shooting. Must have been a traumatic experience for any witnesses. 

Archived