Policeman shoots dead male tourist at Trendy Building in Bangkok

webfact

The girl friend had nothing to do with it. The tourist was buying too many donuts and the cop was afraid he would not leave enough for the cop. And the tourist never offered any tea money....very bad etiquette.

Expect to see this on the travel brochures shortly.  

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, malcoml said:

Police were likely trying to extract money from the tourist.

He didn’t want to play their game and a fight broke out.

Do you honestly believe everything is above board given the cop ran off.

...or you could just read the reports about what actually happened.  Why go with bizarre speculation when the real events have been clearly reported?

13 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Oh dear. An argument and a fist fight with a cop, what was he thinking?  Perhaps the gf was envolved with the cop before she met the farang.

Were you there? Or relying on a breaking news story?

2 hours ago, katana said:

In today's Thairath they said the policeman had prior history and had been involved in shooting and killing a taxi driver in 2012. The policeman claimed self-defence and that he had been on duty at the time investigating the taxi driver for drugs offences and that the taxi driver had tried to knock him over with his taxi.
Thairath also reported that the policeman and Frenchman had known each other for over a year. On the day of the shooting the Frenchman's Thai gf had been complaining to the policeman about her unfaithful bf in the bar. The Frenchman had seen her talking to the policeman and the altercation between the two began then.
Seems like they're getting their excuses in already.

Or maybe that is what happened ?

1 hour ago, moe666 said:

I doubt this will have any affect on the tourist numbers, several tourist have been killed by cops and it never affected the numbers coming before. 

First one I've seen caught red handed on video uploaded to youtube. Social media is a beast.

7 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

He was not in uniform! The guy that died had no idea he was a cop. The shooter is a coward who got a gun when he lost a fist fight. 

PS: This happens quite a bit. 

His girlfriend probably told him after the first fight, at least it would be plausible:smile:

Thai TV (3) just devoted a segment to this murder. Among other things, It showed CCTV footage of the fist fight between the alleged shooter and the victim in the Soi where the bar is. The Frenchman got him with a good one and the alleged shooter fell down on his back. That's all they showed.

1 hour ago, MaxYakov said:

ist fight between the alleged shooter and the victim in the Soi where the bar is. The Frenchman got him with a good one and the alleged shooter fell down on his back.

Well very stupid thing to do, a fist fight with a Thai will only lead to loss of face and this was a cop so 10 times worse.

From my understanding this French-Algerian guy lived in Thailand so he was not a tourist , he really should have known better. 

24 minutes ago, balo said:

Well very stupid thing to do, a fist fight with a Thai will only lead to loss of face and this was a cop so 10 times worse.

From my understanding this French-Algerian guy lived in Thailand so he was not a tourist , he really should have known better. 

Not a tourist, staying in Thailand  and without a job according to https://www.thailande-fr.com/actu/69445-un-francais-abattu-par-un-policier-ivre-a-bangkok . I wonder with what kind of visa

18 hours ago, RobertH said:

Yes it does, if people are asking why did the tourist do something stupid like get into a fight with a cop?

If you read the post they were in a pub... I doubt very much if the "cop" was in uniform, however if he was an "old flame" of the g/f she might have said to the boyfriend to keep calm as it would not be a good ending !!

16 hours ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

the pleb in question shot his victim in the head from near point blank range in broad daylight in a busy office/apartment complex in front of dozens if not a hundred+ onlookers and of course all was caught on CCTV.

It happened before 8am, some time before the Trendy is open for business, not many people around at that time.

According to the BP, the victim was shot twice, in the hip and in the chest. 

its very interesting reading this comments i should have beer and popcorn.

why talk thaimen have low iq and loose face etc only 2 people know the trouth and the 3. is shot dead must he rest in peace. 

its better you all use curtesy when speak to eachother and not post lies and fantacy.

if the dead man is an algerian and the cop get free i will never get near that police station. one day algerians will seek revenge and they are good at making bombs.

3 hours ago, balo said:

many many expats and tourists ive talked to always say how safe it is and they never felt scared, but always talk trash about their home countries safety

I haven't read all 18 pages but has anyone picked up on the Title  "Policeman shoots dead male tourist........"  case is closed now, the "tourist" was dead before he shot him.

In fact he wasn't a tourist at all, been living in Thailand over seven months, the reason for this fight on Soi 11??  Only the GF and the Cop can tell that one.  As one posters said, Algerians are very good at extracting their "pound of flesh" when they are wronged.........they will bide their time and when its right??  who knows what will happen.

Another Thai cop, another tourist murder in cold blood.

Saudi diplomats gunned down in central Bangkok during the aftermath of the Blue Diamond Affair.
Kanchanaburi double execution of two English tourists by off-duty cop Somchai Wisetsingh in Kanchanaburi.
Assassination of Canadian Leo del Pinto and attempted assassination of Carly Riesig in Pai by off-duty cop who was protected by his colleagues, allowed to roam free and later bludgeoned his pregnant wife to death.

Those just off the top of my head.

Anyone here comparing Thailand to or making an equivalence to the West needs their head examined. 

Seriously.

Nonsense. It now seems the victim and the killer knew each other, and the murder was a tragic love-triangle "crime of passion". Trying to normalise this horrible crime and putting it down to an ignorant tourist and typical Thai cop behaviour is ridiculous but not unusual on this Forum.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 hours ago, Benroon said:

I'm tempting to conclude you are a newbie but with over 5,000 posts under your belt I'm stunned you feel that logic will get anywhere especially as the best detectives in the world reside here

Your stunned thoughts about me are irrelevant to me, not to mention meaningless.

I'm not relying on "logic" when the discussion is about what happened yesterday morning.  I'm relying on the only information that is available from different media sources and that it all fairly consistent now.  The other thing that I'm relying on is certain information from the bar concerned which I know very well.

Archived