Policeman shoots dead male tourist at Trendy Building in Bangkok

webfact

9 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

That has already been established in the linked stories

"Kantapong had no prior relationship with Ait Kaki and has confessed to shooting him out of jealousy over a woman"

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/12/12/lumpini-cop-shot-frenchman-to-death-after-brawl/

Shooting by Bangkok cop: Slain tourist was young French man in "love triangle"

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The world's officially gone completely stark staring mad.

Are the RTP going to say there was no prior indication this man was a nutjob? Cause a Thai to lose face and they often just completely lose the plot. Who let these ruffians have guns anyway, confront them with someone resolute and they either blast away (if there's more than 3 police), or run away if there isn't.

Honestly, this crowd are completely hopeless, they have no clues at all. Always someone else's fault. Stick a needle in his leg so there's one less lunatic in this country.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Immigration Bureau chief Pol Lt Gen Surachate Hakpal instructed investigators at the Lumpini station to handle the case in strict accordance with the law and not try to assist their colleague.

It's obvious even to the Police Chief that the BiB is lawless and need instructions to abide by the law, and what better station to investigate their very own brother cop.

1 minute ago, bangkoken said:

Was the officer in uniform? Did the tourist know that he was the Police? Was there alcohol involved? For sure!! This is not a shooting this is murder.

Was the officer in uniform?

It would appear not as mentioned the officer was unarmed until a gun was borrowed.

Did the tourist know that he was the Police?

The policeman was GFs ex boyfriend so presume the victim knew about him, hence the argument/fight

So now we know:

1. It was a personal matter over a woman.

2. The perpetrator just happened to be a cop.

3. Booze was involved.

4. Testosterone was involved.

Seems to me that the folks bashing the BIBs here have egg on their faces.

53 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think the original post inferred that in Thailand, people have low IQs and act recklessly to save face.

"a low IQ face saver, with no self control. Only in the land of smiles."  

Yes I am aware of what post he was referring too. Just didn't find any of it racist. 

Are the Thai people a race ? 

55 minutes ago, brling said:

Brewster has held the number 1 Thai apologist award for the last 12 years.

Thanks for my award!  Actually I would never apologise for thuggish, brutish, evil behaviour, whosoever it comes from, and certainly not if it comes from Thai people.  However, yes I do enjoy replying to silly posts that make ridiculous generalisations about Thai people, just as I would for generalisations about Brits, Aussies, Muslims etc etc.

Was the officer in uniform?

It would appear not as mentioned the officer was unarmed until a gun was borrowed.

Did the tourist know that he was the Police?

The policeman was GFs ex boyfriend so presume the victim knew about him, hence the argument/fight

The other question is did the cop know she was seeing another man ? He may have just found out

Thai woman will often go with a farang even though has a thai man

And no not just hookers

Off topic trolling posts and replies have been removed.

Another post in violation of the following has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

23 minutes ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

If you look at Western nations, like the US for example, the police are like a mafia in some respects. The work together and have a brotherhood mentality, where they will cover the tracks for each other where possible. 

Couple that aspect with the fragile male ego here and the "loss of face" scenario and you have a volatile mix.

And an enquiry found them to be the most corrupt government agency in Thailand. So if you think you are safe with these corrupt, gun toting, fragile ego'd specimens around, you are sadly mistaken.

10 minutes ago, berybert said:

Yes I am aware of what post he was referring too. Just didn't find any of it racist. 

Are the Thai people a race ? 

Ummmm. you are correct sir. A basically third world country with attached behavior, There is a reason why all of this s..t happens  and I would not attempt to explain 'why". There is no logic nor anyone with any semblance of an objective mind.

3 hours ago, Maejo Man said:

Thai police are just the average Thai male in a brown uniform. A Canadian national was killed by a policeman (Loss of face strikes again) in Pai and a tourist police officer shot an Italian tourist in Chiangmai airport. There have been others, but memory fade has kicked in.

Totally agree.

LOF IN LOS.

45 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

So now we know:

1. It was a personal matter over a woman.

2. The perpetrator just happened to be a cop.

3. Booze was involved.

4. Testosterone was involved.

Seems to me that the folks bashing the BIBs here have egg on their faces.

Huh? That makes it much worse. 

Archived