Pattaya tour company busted for employing illegal guides

webfact

Pattaya tour company busted for employing illegal guides

5pm.jpg

Picture: The Pattaya News Thai

A police investigation team comprising tourist cops and immigration officers led by Pol Lt Col Piyapong Ensarn have announced the arrest of two Thais and two foreigners.

Wanalee Island Co. Ltd was offering group tours to Indian nationals and had illegally hired the services of Hitendra Anandbhai Khasatiya, 28, to help with communication. 

Hitendra was seen on a speedboat named Wanalee 95 clearly acting as a guide while Thais just sat about. 

Myanmar national Retha Yee Tar, 21, also had no work permit and was working as a tour promotion assistant. 

Also arrested on charges of illegally employing the foreigners were Wanalee Kanung, 49 and Narin Noonurat, aged 53.

Narin said his English was OK but he couldn't speak Indian so he hired Hitendra. 

The company is also facing charges for not properly insuring tourists and staff in the event of accidents.

Source: The Pattaya News Thai

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-13

Recall many years ago a side trip I did with my then TGF, their was a group of us with Thai driver and Thai tour guide, the guide was a young female, totally useless more interested in constantly grooming herself, totally ignored everybody, in the end the other passengers were asking my lady for advice, My lady was fuming when we got back even though one of the passengers had given her a tip.

• Thanks 1

Was on a Chinese tour group once “suggest not do it” with Chinese 

when I lived in China. I wondered about the tour guide on the If was legal ...

survived the tour but tough skinned it sucked.... did see some nice 

places which was a positive. 

One evening wife said you’re not going to like the first stop before dinner. No English was spoke I was only non Chinese. It was a male 

strip show play drums with the dings.... and there were fairly old couples on the tour.....strange indeed. They tired to get me to sit in

front...

ohhhh no not me, where’s free flow beer to take away the pain