Heavy weather warning for Phuket

snoop1130

Heavy weather warning for Phuket

By The Phuket News

1544780881_1-org.jpg

The TMD warned of strong wind and waves, along with heavy rains and possible flash flooding. Image: TMD

PHUKET:-- Wiwat Chitchertwong, the Acting Chief of the Phuket Marine Office, has issued a weather warning for all vessels in Phuket and operating in Phang Nga Bay and other nearby areas along the Andaman Coast.

The warning follows the Thai Meteorological Department (TMD) earlier today (Dec 14) issuing a weather warning for all of Southern Thailand.

“A strong northeast monsoon (is) across the Gulf and southern Thailand with continuous rainfalls and isolated heavy rains in southern (areas).

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/heavy-weather-warning-for-phuket-69686.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-12-14

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Just noticed a strange flight path from the airport:

qwq.JPG

Had to be a chopper, and noticed it belonged to this huge private vessel, the Vava,  which is currently anchored offshore from Krabi:

VAVA.JPG 

Interesting! I'm guessing a Russian? I had heard and read that non military use of helicopters was extremely limited and regulated in Thailand. But as we know TIT and there are a lot of exceptions to the rules!

4 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

Interesting! I'm guessing a Russian? I had heard and read that non military use of helicopters was extremely limited and regulated in Thailand. But as we know TIT and there are a lot of exceptions to the rules!

It actually belongs to Kirsty Bertarelli, UK's 3rd richest woman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpFz6-YTpo

• 4 weeks later...