Strongest style of gold chain, etc

Nyezhov

I want a gold chain for myself and have questions for you manly gold chain owners.  I have only owned 18K in the past.

What is the strongest design you have found, so that it doesnt break accidently?

What size is optimum for wearing? I have been thinking a 3-5.

And stupid question of the year, can you wear it in the shower? Is it affected when you sweat like a pig?

if I dont wear it, I will lose it.

A 5 baht would look nice, but you could only wear it safely around the house,

if you wear it on the streets you are just asking for trouble. 

You can wear it in the shower,its not affected by sweat ,gold does not tarnish

even in sea water. 

You will very rarely see a Thai walking about with a 2-5 Baht chain,they know it's

just too dangerous ,but many will have some Gold hidden in the house,more as

an investment than to wear.

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

I'd say if you wear a 5baht gold chain, there's a big risk that you'll 'lose' it.

Not only here either. My x wife liked to wear hers in public. Back in the UK she was on a bus heading for home when as the doors opened for her stop a young teenager grabbed her 2 baht chain and legged it.

Goodbye 1000 pounds and a lesson learnt the hard way.

Get some fake gold to wear in public. Looks the same as the real stuff but only costs a few hundred baht.

• Like 2

Im sorry I meant for wear back in the States. Where I will be living and with what I will be doing, I have no fear of theft. And my friends Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson are usually with me. But I assume then a 5 bahter is too flash based on what I am seeing here

How about style/stregnth

• Haha 1

18- 22 inch, (depending on your neck size). NOT hollow links, (break easy) get smaller solid type. Dont buy more than 2 baht. If you do it will look like false costume jewellery and just wrong ! as Thai gold is more yellow than what you would traditionally find in the west. Subtle is better.

IMHO

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

18- 22 inch, (depending on your neck size). NOT hollow links, (break easy) get smaller solid type. Dont buy more than 2 baht. If you do it will look like false costume jewellery and just wrong ! as Thai gold is more yellow than what you would traditionally find in the west. Subtle is better.

IMHO

You mean like the "chain" links are less strong the others? How about the rope style? 2 baht seems like a good compromise though. That way I can get more of them ????

Disco ????‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

You mean like the "chain" links are less strong the others? How about the rope style? 2 baht seems like a good compromise though. That way I can get more of them ????

Disco ????‍♂️

The rope type is actually hollow and not that strong despite how it appears. 

Curb or figaro design is the more durable.

"Link chains by far are the best type of chain to wear ever. This is because they do not have a bending point; you can fold them in half, twist them up, knot them, and they won’t harm the chain in the least."

Gold in Asia is treated differently to some parts of the world. The Thais, especially, use it for borrowing money and are regularly changing the items and upgrading. TBH, I couldn't care less about workmanship in gold pieces; I'm only interested in its weight and purity. I don't like wearing it outside. Just put it on to shower.

I know shinecoin is all the rage in Pattaya, but I prefer gold. Not as fast in earning power; but safer. The PMC ounce is interesting, but I'm buying up gold like there is no tomorrow. Keeping it safe is a worry. Mark - RIP bro' - had so much fear of losing it, that he buried it. Still not been found. I saw the family with their new metal detector out yesterday.

Edited by owl sees all

21 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Gold in Asia is treated differently to some parts of the world. The Thais, especially, use it for borrowing money and are regularly changing the items and upgrading. TBH, I couldn't care less about workmanship in gold pieces; I'm only interested in its weight and purity. I don't like wearing it outside. Just put it on to shower.

I know shinecoin is all the rage in Pattaya, but I prefer gold. Not as fast in earning power; but safer. The PMC ounce is interesting, but I'm buying up gold like there is no tomorrow. Keeping it safe is a worry. Mark - RIP bro' - had so much fear of losing it, that he buried it. Still not been found. I saw the family with their new metal detector out yesterday.

"I don't like wearing it outside. Just put it on to shower."    555555   good man.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 3:14 PM, Nyezhov said:

I want a gold chain for myself

An American Millwall supporter........

You do realize the Boys down the Den are not gonna like a fellow Millwall fan wearing gold.

You will be called all sorts of names inc gay and then severely beaten.

• Haha 1

On 12/15/2018 at 8:07 PM, Nyezhov said:

Im sorry I meant for wear back in the States. Where I will be living and with what I will be doing, I have no fear of theft. And my friends Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson are usually with me. But I assume then a 5 bahter is too flash based on what I am seeing here

How about style/stregnth

14-18k gold is very strong (more metal content). I know of sizes 14,16,18,20,24 and 30.   24 and 30  imop is too long for a man,14 and 16 are short unless of course you don't mind your neck feeling constricted! 

A box ,snake or a rope style chain is a average style and quite nice !

Wearing it in the shower is fine.I suggest to take it off 2 times a month and cleaning it in a solution of ammonia and water.let it soak in the solution for a couple of minutes while agitating it for 30 seconds. Rinse with water after and wipe dry

Good luck

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

An American Millwall supporter........

You do realize the Boys down the Den are not gonna like a fellow Millwall fan wearing gold.

You will be called all sorts of names inc gay and then severely beaten.

Those Yobs will just be happy that an American knows what Millwall is!

• Haha 1