British man drugged and robbed by woman he met on the street in Pattaya

rooster59

On 12/16/2018 at 9:35 AM, bluesofa said:

Hmm, I'm sure it's too late now, but if the guy had the presence of mind not to touch the plastic bag, it probably would have her fingerprints on it.

Having said that, it would still need the BIB to actually do some detective work if there were any fingerprints.

They probably have her fingerprints all over the room,....if the police would bother ?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/16/2018 at 9:37 AM, BestB said:

One thing that always irritates me is Pattaya being an international resort , police speaks zero English . Guy is explaining what happened and they have no idea only nodding their heads.

you would think there would be mandatory English lesson classes and some basic English level skills for those working in Pattaya 

Every school student at High School in Thailand is taught English language, and that would include all policemen. So why is English Language not part of the selection qualifications ?

A clear demonstration of the short sightedness of Thais.

Why run the risk of robbing a fat, unattractive, slovenly yob of a few baht and some cheap flash jewelry.....instead of marrying him and taking it all!

20 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I did not ask why we think, I asked how we know...

You actually asked

Why is it assumed

I responded that the man said he was drugged in the OP, there to be read by all. Nobody needs to assume anything!

Getting drugged enough to knock you out can take 24 hours untill you regain your senses and still very groggy

No way he was drugged and bouncing around like he had to much coffee..

Seriously who leaves their drugs behind after a crime?
Something fishy about Mr porky.. I sniff a professional insurance scammer

3 hours ago, madmen said:

Getting drugged enough to knock you out can take 24 hours untill you regain your senses and still very groggy

No way he was drugged and bouncing around like he had to much coffee..

Seriously who leaves their drugs behind after a crime?
Something fishy about Mr porky.. I sniff a professional insurance scammer

You are correct, if this guy appeared the morning after he doesn't look too bad. In my case it was very late afternoon before I awoke, and I was not compos mentis for days.

Not sure what the thief left behind, in my case a little plastic pill bag with powder residue, so it had already been ground up. Not sure how well tablets dissolve in G&T. Don't be suspicious about a Thai leaving litter behind, normal behaviour in my experience.

Insurance scammer, maybe, but I believe him. He apparently did not secure his belongings and I wonder if most policies will pay out in these circumstances. 

10 hours ago, impulse said:

I'm surprised how many people seem to think it was a woman.

I'd give it 50:50.

Adding insult to injury...

Yes.

Looks like a big nose and a wig to me I have never seen any female here with a hair style like that.

No matter in any event good looking I guess if one has myopia...

On 12/16/2018 at 12:22 PM, Bundooman said:

You don't have to be stupid to do stupid things. Haven't you ever done something stupid yourself and though, "what a stupid thing to do"?

I have - everyone has. It doesn't mean we are stupid. 

Only stupid people think like that!

Well, maybe if he was drugged, there is some faint excuse. However, bringing in a streetwalker and leaving your valuables about is stupid. I doubt everyone has done that.

7 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

He doesn't look the type to have more than plated.

Looks can be deceiving, he seems capable of affording a holiday in Thailand and the Philippines.

Most UK gold is actually only 9ct so not as expensive.

58 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Looks can be deceiving, he seems capable of affording a holiday in Thailand and the Philippines.

One can come and holiday here very cheaply. Budget airfare. $6 fan rooms in guesthouses. 7-11 beers. 54 baht burgers. Street hookers.

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

One can come and holiday here very cheaply. Budget airfare. $6 fan rooms in guesthouses. 7-11 beers. 54 baht burgers. Street hookers.

This guy appeared to be living in a condo! He met the 'girl' outside the 7-11 not in it. I used to have a 50,000 baht gold chain myself, but it got ripped off my neck years ago! The subject was the guy in the OP having 100,000 baht in jewelry, many seem to think he could not possess such riches. Perhaps because he wasn't wearing a cravat and top hat!

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

This guy appeared to be living in a condo! He met the 'girl' outside the 7-11 not in it. I used to have a 50,000 baht gold chain myself, but it got ripped off my neck years ago! The subject was the guy in the OP having 100,000 baht in jewelry, many seem to think he could not possess such riches. Perhaps because he wasn't wearing a cravat and top hat!

There are some cheap condos in Patts mate. 

I thought that cravats and top hats were something you only wore to Ascot, are they back in fashion then? I cant wear them myself, my gut makes a cravat look like a baby bib and top hats sort of ride on my fat pinhead like an inflated yarmulke.

I worked as a Ferrari salesman at scuderia veloce dealership in another life.

I quickly learnt NEVER to trust a book bye it's cover. Sold a few to flip flop wearing guys because I took them seriously where another dealerships didn't

1 minute ago, madmen said:

I worked as a Ferrari salesman at scuderia veloce dealership in another life.

I quickly learnt NEVER to trust a book bye it's cover. Sold a few to flip flop wearing guys because I took them seriously where another dealerships didn't

Absolutely, only a foolish person over-shows his personal status. Why anyone would presume the guy in the OP could not afford an old Rolex or a chunky bracelet I do not know. They would certainly think similar of me! 

17 hours ago, smotherb said:

Well, maybe if he was drugged, there is some faint excuse. However, bringing in a streetwalker and leaving your valuables about is stupid. I doubt everyone has done that.

true. however you do that once in your 20's and lesson learned. but not in your 50's!

Archived