British man drugged and robbed by woman he met on the street in Pattaya

rooster59

53 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Other than everything she/it stole?

Yes.

Having the stolen items on her is evidence that she stole.

Having the drugs on her would be compelling evidence that she brought the drugs with her, intending to dope her victim before robbing him, a far more serious crime.

I am not saying that leaving the pills at the scene of the crime would prevent her being charged with that, but it would definitely make it more difficult. The prosecution would have to prove that they did not belong to the fat foreigner, that he did not simply pass out as a result of his own alcohol and drug abuse, and that the crime was not merely an opportunistic one.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

But when he woke up on Saturday morning he found more than £1,000 and 3,000 baht in cash, as well as jewelry worth more than 100,000 baht was missing from his room and the lady friend he met outside 7-Eleven was nowhere to be seen.

Doesn't look like the kind of guy to have that amount of valuables in his room.

Maybe he should have spent some of it on a safe?

4 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Yes.

Having the stolen items on her is evidence that she stole.

Having the drugs on her would be compelling evidence that she brought the drugs with her, intending to dope her victim before robbing him, a far more serious crime.

I am not saying that leaving the pills at the scene of the crime would prevent her being charged with that, but it would definitely make it more difficult. The prosecution would have to prove that they did not belong to the fat foreigner, that he did not simply pass out as a result of his own alcohol and drug abuse, and that the crime was not merely an opportunistic one.

Sounds like you're applying the investigative and prosecution methods seen on (too many) western movies and television.

The local cops have cctv footage.

She's toast.

4 hours ago, BestB said:

One thing that always irritates me is Pattaya being an international resort , police speaks zero English . Guy is explaining what happened and they have no idea only nodding their heads.

you wouod think there would be mandatory English lesson classes and some basic English level skills for those working in Pattaya 

I dont know but....YOU are in a foreign country...maybe YOU should be the one to speak the language...I realize that Pattaya makes quite a lot of money off farangs...but why should they be required to speak our language...I know it is helpful...but it also is a courtesy on their part.

Recalling all the thefts in Pattaya, jewelry worth 100,000 or more is missing every time. That's funny?

So I would not take so much jewelry on vacation.

But it can be that he has bought the gold part as an investment to take it home ...

Who knows???

1 minute ago, bristolgeoff said:

Is it the first time he went to Thailand.everyone knows this scam.maybe he is stupid and everything was on display  in the room.will he be claiming Insurance now

I don't think that it would be covered by insurance , because he allowed the person into his room.

4 hours ago, BestB said:

One thing that always irritates me is Pattaya being an international resort , police speaks zero English . Guy is explaining what happened and they have no idea only nodding their heads.

you wouod think there would be mandatory English lesson classes and some basic English level skills for those working in Pattaya 

Although many of the international tourists do not speak English , they speak Chinese , Russian , Japanese , Korean , Arabic, Urdu etc

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Doesn't look like the kind of guy to have that amount of valuables in his room.

Maybe he should have spent some of it on a safe?

He had about 43,000 baht, hardly a lot when travelling. Many use cash now as ATM charges are high and rates are better.

The 100,000 baht in valuables, perhaps a gold chain and a watch. 

Was it his condo or rented?

3 minutes ago, donnacha said:

...virtue signaling...

I had to google that thanks.

Hopelessly wrong but never mind. Even I know one cannot possibly know everything.

However, since you reckon that the "lingua franca" of Pattaya is English, in deference to the old admonishment about arguing with idiots, let's just leave it at that.

5 hours ago, car720 said:

The real problem lies with men who refuse to accept what happens to their bodies with age.  Therefore they think that they are still 20 - 30 years old and feel a need to prove that they still have the wherewithal.  Fools.

>70 year old bodybuilder

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You think we all speak 'farang'.

I would have thought Chinese would be the most spoken foreign language in Pattaya, maybe Russian.

I doubt that. 

There are a lot of Russian and Chinese tourists but not more than UK+USA+Aus+NZ+Canadian (tourist and resident) plus all the other foreigners who speak English. Then we have some English speaking Thais!

In all the years going to Pattaya, I have never met anyone wearing “extremely expensive” jewelery, but everyone who ever gets “robbed “ seems to have some either in their room or about their person - how very odd !!!!!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, anfh said:

In all the years going to Pattaya, I have never met anyone wearing “extremely expensive” jewelery, but everyone who ever gets “robbed “ seems to have some either in their room or about their person - how very odd !!!!!!!!! 

Take a look at a few watches now and again. I also still see the odd Mr muscles wearing what looks like heavy gold. Indian women have a habit of wearing what they have too.

Archived