British man drugged and robbed by woman he met on the street in Pattaya

rooster59

44 minutes ago, BestB said:

How would you know? I am willing to bet you can not string a sentence of 5 words in thai 

I can!

Tchan pwompwi farang ting tong ba mow mah. Hong nam yu ti nai?

Everything a man needs is right there, along with a smile and an atm card.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Pattaya is in Thailand. They speak Thai here. I have a real beef with some expats I meet who have been here 10 years and can't even speak a word of Thai beyond 'hello' and thank you'. If you want to move to the UK or America they insist you speak the language.....but people like you want everybody to learn English to make your life easier. 

Again, i am willing to bet you can not string a sentence of 5 words in Thai, but that is totally irrelevant to the issue at hand, where international resort as authorities like to call it does not have English speaking police force.

I also have no idea who is "they" there are 28 million tourists in Thailand , 16 million had visited Pattaya, so who is "they" ?

10 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I can!

Tchan pwompwi farang ting tong ba mow mah. Hong nam yu ti nai?

Everything a man needs is right there, along with a smile and an atm card.

You can forget the smile when you have ATM card ????

11 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

100,000 baht in jewelry? Hmmmm

Not sure why people flinch at 100,000 baht worth of 'jewelry'. That's only about 2,500 British pounds (2,419.30 at this minute). A decent watch and half decent necklace covers that easily. Not sure of your buddies, but I have some that wear far more than that.

At least in this guy's favour, they were stolen from his room; he seems to have a bit of common sense not to wear them out, then messes that up by not having them properly secured in the room.

Speculation of course, but a counter argument to the hint of insurance fraud in Nyezhov's above post, which I would say is also very plausible.

10 second search on a much used online store here reference watches to show what I mean...................

expensive-01.jpg.ee91a1f790da822b36256a6e820114b0.jpg

expensive-02.jpg.1ee4916f4d9f3e6e366ebe3b6f8d889e.jpg

12 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Not sure why people flinch at 100,000 baht worth of 'jewelry'. That's only about 2,500 British pounds (2,419.30 at this minute). A decent watch and half decent necklace covers that easily. Not sure of your buddies, but I have some that wear far more than that.

Jewellery is for girls, doubt I've ever had anything wearable that cost more than 100 GBP.

Unless you count my smartphone which as about 200 quid.

What's the point of a watch, I stopped wearing one when I had my first mobile phone.

And it does the job better than any watch ever did.

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

If you want to move to the UK or America they insist you speak the language.

If you want to emigrate to the UK or USA they insist you learn the language.

But none of us are emigrating here, just look in your passport, the bit where it says 'Tourist' or 'Non-Immigrant'

13 hours ago, BestB said:

One thing that always irritates me is Pattaya being an international resort , police speaks zero English . Guy is explaining what happened and they have no idea only nodding their heads.

you wouod think there would be mandatory English lesson classes and some basic English level skills for those working in Pattaya 

Even Ikea can find hundreds of staff who all speak English and who are not to lazy to work.

17 hours ago, BestB said:

She had nowhere to stay should have been the warning sign

she will be staying in the hilton hotel now presidential suite with the money she stole , what price a short time room , 200 baht ? and he would have been safe , i have learned always go to a short time room better and safer 

17 hours ago, BestB said:

One thing that always irritates me is Pattaya being an international resort , police speaks zero English . Guy is explaining what happened and they have no idea only nodding their heads.

you wouod think there would be mandatory English lesson classes and some basic English level skills for those working in Pattaya 

thats too intelligent to expect them to have basic english lessons and to speak english dohh

Jewellery is for girls, doubt I've ever had anything wearable that cost more than 100 GBP.
Unless you count my smartphone which as about 200 quid.
What's the point of a watch, I stopped wearing one when I had my first mobile phone.
And it does the job better than any watch ever did.
Yep jewelry and bling was for the 80's. Disco, John Travolta, a body shirt opened up to near belly button with thick gold chain, fat bracelet, peire cardon skinny gold watch.
Been there done that [emoji23]

But that died a natural death but it appears some men just can't let go even in 2018

47 minutes ago, YogaVeg said:

Brilliant. A safe. Easy to travel with, airlines love them in overhead bins, fun climbing steps with. 

A safe. Really. ????

He could have gotten a room with safety box, if he was going to play streetmeet games. 

Well, Darwins law works in Pattaya to. 

20 hours ago, shackleton said:

Then he picks up a girl  on the street 

nothing unusual here.Many people do pick up girls mostly from the street.

Cant see how this is news happens all the time 

spiking someone's drink and robbing him is a criminal act and could have severe consequences. Majority of people(including street workers) can't or won't commit such or any crime either by nature or fear of getting caught and jailed.

So obviously this happens rarely.

will be reading the same in the coming days 

I doubt it

Tourist getting conned its a way of life here in Pattaya  

all the time!

it happens here in Pats but also in Los Angeles, in Eastern Europe, Africa, South America and elsewhere.

The red light areas ain't the best places and you should not hang around too long IMO (or at least not longer than you need to)

In these areas, paying attention to every move you make, who to pick up and who not to, limiting your drinking and not to be too drunk, avoiding certain people and areas, where to go and where not to sometimes takes a lot of the fun away but you don't wanna end up DEAD by being an idiot either.

10 hours ago, mogandave said:

How much more would it cost to hire English speaking police?

They have them in the form of volunteers, and I believe they cost nowt. Usually on hand at the police station. If the regular police are going to stop so many tourists for traffic infringements, and try to get money from them, they really need to be able to communicate what is going on to the tourists. 

Archived