Judge excoriates Trump ex-adviser Flynn, delays Russia probe sentencing

webfact

2 hours ago, Srinivas said:

The judge apologized for his comments as he mis read the dates.  He was corrected by the prosecuting attorney.

You can't make this stuff up. 

Why does it not surprise me that you're amazed that ethical people would actually admit to and apologize for their errors?  That's actually what normal people are supposed to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Srinivas said:

My take

Flynn Intel Group was a registered entity with anti Gulem clients

vs

the now bankrupted Podesta Group lobbying on behalf of Gulem (old guard, Clinton Obama etc)

Nice try! ????

The two cases are not comparable at all. It is not forbidden to lobby on behalf of anyone. It is forbidden to lobby on behalf of a foreign country without registering as a 'foreign agent'.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Why does it not surprise me that you're amazed that ethical people would actually admit to and apologize for their errors?  That's actually what normal people are supposed to do.

Amazed at the mistake for a judge in this high profile case.

As for what you are actually implying about me, lol nice try at cheap virtue signalling.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, candide said:

Nice try! ????

The two cases are not comparable at all. It is not forbidden to lobby on behalf of anyone. It is forbidden to lobby on behalf of a foreign country without registering as a 'foreign agent'.

Flynn group is registered properly to make a film about Gulem.

DuuhTz3UUAEqSSe.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

Flynn group is registered properly to make a film about Gulem.

DuuhTz3UUAEqSSe.jpeg

Flynn didn't register as a foreign agent until March of 2017. Well past the date that production of this film was started. And he could have been charged for that too.

Flynn admits to lying about Turkish lobbying

By THEODORIC MEYER ([email protected])

12/01/2017 02:43 PM EST

FLYNN ADMITS TO LYING ABOUT TURKISH LOBBYING: “Former national security adviser Michael Flynn pleaded guilty on Friday to one felony count of lying to the FBI about conversations he had with Russia's ambassador last year, bringing the special counsel investigation into the 2016 election deeper into President Donald Trump's inner circle,” POLITICO’s Josh Gerstein and Theodoric Meyer report. Unlike Paul Manafort and Rick Gates, though, Flynn wasn’t charged with breaking foreign lobbying law — charges that sent some lobbyists scrambling to make sure their foreign registrations were in order.

— But Flynn admitted to lying about his Turkish lobbying in a separate legal document released on Friday known as a “statement of the offense.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-plea-deal-flynn-acknowledges-working-for-turkish-government-1512171830

In Plea Deal, Flynn Acknowledges Working for Turkish Government

Former national security adviser’s lawyer previously denied consulting work was directed by Ankara

Former national security adviser Mike Flynn revealed Friday that private consulting work he undertook while advising Donald Trump’s presidential campaign was directed and supervised by Turkish government officials, something people involved in the project have denied for months...

Along with admitting he lied to the FBI, Mr. Flynn acknowledged in court papers unsealed Friday that the Turkish government “provided supervision and direction over” a $530,000 consulting contract he had with a Turkish businessman last year.

In Plea Deal, Flynn Acknowledges Working for Turkish Government

https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-plea-deal-flynn-acknowledges-working-for-turkish-government-1512171830

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Actually it's from Eli Lake who writes a column for Bloomberg. He is, in fact, very right wing. Nothing amazing about it at all. It would be amazing if he hadn't written it.

Yes the same guy that disclosed Blackwater was an arm of Cia..

the same guy who disclosed Obama admins sale of bunker busting bombs to Israel.

The  same guy who reported on Nunes receiving classified info on Trump transition team.

basically anything you dont like written is "right wing" as if that has any meaning.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

Yes the same guy that disclosed Blackwater was an arm of Cia..

the same guy who disclosed Obama admins sale of bunker busting bombs to Israel.

The  same guy who reported on Nunes receiving classified info on Trump transition team.

basically anything you dont like written is "right wing" as if that has any meaning.

Actually, you're right and I was wrong about Lake. Which kind of undercuts your ground for saying anything I don't like written is "right wing." It would have been foolish in any event to extrapolate from one instance to a generalization like the one you made.

And I have caught you out in falsehoods on this very thread. Maybe you can learn from me how to acknowledge your errors. Those of us who live in the fact based community don't have a problem with that. Those who live in the fever swamps of bizarre conspiracy theories (Pizzagate anyone?) seem incapable of doing so.

• Haha 1

Sorry the state disagrees with the embarrassingly mistaken comments regarding

treason by this judge.

This judges irresponsible comments require him to officially apologize and recuze imo. What a screw up for a simple sentencing hearing ????

transcript screenshot

Duvr0IEU0AADtHp.jpeg.fe11d2241d066989a5ba80d9d13a4b96.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

treason by this judge.

This judges irresponsible comments require him to officially apologize and recuze imo. What a screw up for a simple sentencing hearing ????

transcript screenshot

I wonder if Fox will pull all the love letters about him indited by various Fox contributors.

1 hour ago, Srinivas said:

This judges irresponsible comments require him to officially apologize and recuze imo. 

55555... in your world judges who ask questions should apologize and recuse... goes along well with 45’s opinion that giving evidence against someone should be a “crime”.  <deleted>’ hilarious 55555.

15 minutes ago, mikebike said:

55555... in your world judges who ask questions should apologize and recuse... goes along well with 45’s opinion that giving evidence against someone should be a “crime”.  <deleted>’ hilarious 55555.

mis quoting me doesnt help your point. I did not say anything about questions.

Anyway the judge apologized  for his embarrassing outburst. he got confused lol

• Like 1

Thank God for judges like him.   He didn't question Trump, or Republicans or Democrats.   He questioned the person he will be sentencing.   He also did everyone a favor by bringing the whole situation squarely back to what Flynn did.   Cooperate all you want.   Play politics all you want.   In the end, this Judge is looking at what the guy did and making a decision.   

Flynn has played the game well, but he just hit the wall of justice.   

I hope when he gets sentenced the judge says "Lock him up,"   words that Flynn seems to like.

17 hours ago, bristolboy said:

But but but Hillary!

7 Benghazi investigations turned up nothing and still the know-nothings spout the same old lies.

Like at the end of the movie Casablanca: "we'll always have Benghazi."

At this point I don't mind them bringing it up so much because I really don't want her to run for president again.  I doubt if it'll happen, she's lost her bullying leverage within the party.  But this is for another thread at another time.

4 hours ago, Credo said:

Thank God for judges like him.   He didn't question Trump, or Republicans or Democrats.   He questioned the person he will be sentencing.   He also did everyone a favor by bringing the whole situation squarely back to what Flynn did.   Cooperate all you want.   Play politics all you want.   In the end, this Judge is looking at what the guy did and making a decision.   

Flynn has played the game well, but he just hit the wall of justice.   

I hope when he gets sentenced the judge says "Lock him up,"   words that Flynn seems to like.

I think the judge was a little too nice.  Several times he asked "do you still want me to pass the sentencing ruling today?" and they kept saying "yes."  Then he said, in not as many words, that Flynn was gonna get his ass handed to him.  Defense changed their tune right quick. 

If he was what the right-wing types are now calling him he wouldn't have given so much preamble (read: warning). It could have easily gone:

"Are you prepared to receive sentencing?"

"yes"

"very well then, 20 years in a maximum security facility, commencing immediately."

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Srinivas said:

treason by this judge.

transcript screenshot

Excellent post! So will he finally be done with Mueller once he gets his sentencing in March ?

3 hours ago, riclag said:

Excellent post! So will he finally be done with Mueller once he gets his sentencing in March ?

Well, maybe kicking the can down the road a bit is good. More time for gathering more info. . The march date is for an update status, so probably no sentencing in March either.

The whole transcript seems like the judge doesnt want to sentence and smells something fishy with the plea arrangement.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Srinivas said:

Well, maybe kicking the can down the road a bit is good. More time for gathering more info. . The march date is for an update status, so probably no sentencing in March either.

The whole transcript seems like the judge doesnt want to sentence and smells something fishy with the plea arrangement.

Good point -something fishy with the plea arrangement !

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Srinivas said:

Since the judge got to read all the redacted text, and then asked about Treason charges it is fair to say he has got concerns over the plea arrangement.

But don’t go getting your hopes up that he believes the FBI are somehow at fault.

It far more logical that the judge is waiting to see evidence in the way of indictments and guilty pleas/verdicts that are directly linked to Flynn’s assistance to the FBI.

If Flynn is escaping what the judge regards as grounds for charges of treason, then he clearly expects to see compelling reasons for Flynn being given a pass.

Illiberals get your denial glasses on, the truth will (despite the best efforts of Individual-1) out!

23 hours ago, Srinivas said:

Nonsense. It's plain to see that the judge was pissed off at the prosecutors for not having Flynn plead guilty to a more serious charge.

48 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Since the judge got to read all the redacted text

Good point, I forgot about this. 

Based on the available information it does seem like that "fishy" smell is coming from the truly heinous acts Flynn took part in, and the resulting crimes. The stench probably just oozes out of redacted parts. The judge, being able to read this detail was probably made ill by the level to which Flynn sold out the U.S. for a few rubles. And he thinks Flynn should spend some time fashioning license plates, at a minimum.

Hopefully, we'll get to see the redacted parts once the entire trump crime syndicate has been indicted. 

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Since the judge got to read all the redacted text, and then asked about Treason charges it is fair to say he has got concerns over the plea arrangement.

But don’t go getting your hopes up that he believes the FBI are somehow at fault.

It far more logical that the judge is waiting to see evidence in the way of indictments and guilty pleas/verdicts that are directly linked to Flynn’s assistance to the FBI.

If Flynn is escaping what the judge regards as grounds for charges of treason, then he clearly expects to see compelling reasons for Flynn being given a pass.

Illiberals get your denial glasses on, the truth will (despite the best efforts of Individual-1) out!

There is a policy in these cases that the defendant plead guilty to the worst possible charge. It's clear that that's what got the judge angry. But these right wing fantasists  never quit even in an instance like this where the evidence and circumstances are so obviously against them.

3 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Nonsense. It's plain to see that the judge was pissed off at the prosecutors for not having Flynn plead guilty to a more serious charge.

sure. its also clear the judge asked Flynn 4 times if he wanted to withdraw the guilty plea as it makes no sense. Plus the last minute 302s, deleted fbi phones.

Then he goes on and yaps about treason, to which he clearly states he has no expertise in, misunderstood the dates, and apologies and kicks the can down the road.

something fishy either way you look at it.

My bet is on Flynn being exonerated in the end. 

No treason charges.