Cabinet reveals new year ‘gifts'

snoop1130

Cabinet reveals new year ‘gifts'

By The Nation

8b64014931fa57ce5df6233580127bb3.jpeg

Government spokeswoman Col Thaksada Saengkachan.

A free internet connection, a free tour of 10 Bangkok temples, Bt40,000 funeral assistance and free emergency medical treatment for 72 hours at all hospitals are among the “new year gifts" that the cabinet has approved this week, said government spokeswoman Col Thaksada Saengkachan.

With an election looming, the Digital Economy and Society Ministry also unveiled eight projects, including a TOT PCL free internet connection for three months for those registered for the Pracharath Network by January 15. 

The Culture Ministry's seven projects including a free one-day tour from 8am-4.30pm from December 30 - January 1 using Bangkok Mass Transit Authority's air-conditioned buses to visit 10 temples from the Chakkri Dynasty. 

The Labour Ministry's five projects include Bt40,000 funeral assistance extending to temporary employees and state staff, the spokeswoman said.

The government also approved a project under Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Department of Consular Affairs to provide translations for 16 state-issued Thai documents, such as birth, marriage, divorce and name-changing certificates into English until January 5 before submission for certifying, she said. 

Three projects from the Public Health Ministry were also approved. These included a mobile medical service project, a project to provide a genetic screening to detect allergy to carbamazepine, to relieve certain types of nerve pain, for 10,000 people. There is also a project to produce smart ID cards for "Aor Sor Mor" health promotion volunteers in 76 provinces so they can withdraw cash via ATMs. 

The cabinet also approved three Agriculture Ministry projects, including free admission to agricultural "attractions".

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30360746

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-19

After all this giving away,they better vote for the PM's

party,which ever it will be,this is just blatant vote 

buying,and I am not happy as I pay for TOT internet

and I expect it will be unusable for the 3 months

that are been provided free,all those extra surfers

checking their Farcebook and LINE pages.

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I assume this will be only for Thai nationals of course, but I'd like to see if the really expensive hospitals accept this, or will they try and discharge ordinary working Thais without treatment, for fear of them 'contaminating' their expensive patients?

The "really expensive hospitals" are usually private so why should they accept this? There are plenty of government hospitals for them to go to. 

No need to have them blocking up the schedule, slowing down the process for those paying for their treatment. 

Edited by djayz

7 hours ago, djayz said:
11 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I assume this will be only for Thai nationals of course, but I'd like to see if the really expensive hospitals accept this, or will they try and discharge ordinary working Thais without treatment, for fear of them 'contaminating' their expensive patients?

The "really expensive hospitals" are usually private so why should they accept this? There are plenty of government hospitals for them to go to. 

No need to have them blocking up the schedule, slowing down the process for those paying for their treatment. 

The point is the "Cabinet reveals new year ‘gifts'" and therefore have decreed it. I put the word 'all' in bold to emphasise they said 'all hospitals', not just government hospitals.

I follow what you ask about 'why should they accept this', but with the government we have right now, 'why' doesn't seem the sort of questioning attitude they would appreciate, hence my interest in wanting to see what happens.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, worgeordie said:

After all this giving away,they better vote for the PM's

party,which ever it will be,this is just blatant vote 

buying,and I am not happy as I pay for TOT internet

and I expect it will be unusable for the 3 months

that are been provided free,all those extra surfers

checking their Farcebook and LINE pages.

regards worgeordie

You spelled faecesbook wrong.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, baboon said:

Does anyone think this is anything other than blatant vote buying? Anyone at all?

I don't but in not naive to think that what the PTP did was any different. Much of the policies have been copied from the PTP. 

So yes its worse as this guy is a hypocrite banning other parties from doing popular policies while himself pulling out stops at the cost of the Thai Treasury. 

22 hours ago, bluesofa said:

If you can't vote you have nothing for the government to buy. No free gifts for you!

• Haha 1

What ?!!!.....no Rolex or Audemars Piguet watches,  as "gifts" ?....very surprising !!

(p.s. that female spokeswoman on the OP pic, should let her hair grow, put some proper make up, wear a tighter t shirt and for sure she would make a fine gift impression :crazy:)

Edited by observer90210