Unique Income Verification Situation

Hi. I just read the warning that my embassy will not give the affidavit of income needed for extension of my Thai marriage visa. I do not work. I am on government pension. It is not a retirement visa, so I think if I am reading this right, monthly deposits to my Thai account is not proof. I do not have 400k THB in my account.

UMMMM... What do I do, please?

16 minutes ago, elviajero said:

It could be a short term fix until this embassy letter situation is resolved.

Don't think the 4 embassies which don't issue l.o.I. anymore, will change their mind.

Don't think that  T.I. consider there is a situation with the L.o.I..

Will see.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, elviajero said:

As it stands monthly deposits to a Thai account are not generally accepted as proof by immigration. There have been exceptions reported. You would need to ask at your local office if it is acceptable to them.

If not and you don’t have 400K in your bank you could go to the Thai consulate in Savannahket, Laos and get a Multiple Entry Non ‘O’ visa (5,000 baht). That would allow you to stay nearly 17 months, but you’d need to exit/re-enter every 90/150 days. No financials required.

It could be a short term fix until this embassy letter situation is resolved.

Not a bad idea but there is no reason to have any confidence that it will ever be resolved. There is the bank method and that is unchanged.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not a bad idea but there is no reason to have any confidence that it will ever be resolved. There is the bank method and that is unchanged.

Yes, just do it the KISS method. Put the money in the bank and forget about it. 

Edited by Boon Mee

This is a bit off topic. I plan on putting 800,000 TMB in an account and leaving it there. does need to be solely in my name or can I have someone else as well? I want them to have access in case of a emergency , etc.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Jeffkp said:

This is a bit off topic. I plan on putting 800,000 TMB in an account and leaving it there. does need to be solely in my name or can I have someone else as well? I want them to have access in case of a emergency , etc.

Thanks.

It must be in your name only.

2 minutes ago, Jeffkp said:

Thanks.

Sole name.

Don't hold your breath for any future change in the amount of money that needs to be in the Thai Bank for a retirement Visa.  Response to my email to British Consul was, "it's your problem to sort it out with your local Immigration Office".  I presume that with this vast reduction in work in the Consul Department, that there will be a considerable down sizing of that Department........starting with the Consul Him/Herself!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not knowing when your current extension expires it is hard to give any advise except that if your current extension expires before the end of July 2019 then get your fanny down to your embassy before the end of December and get your income affidavit which is good for 6 months from date of issue plus you can apply for your new extension 30 days early which will give you until the end of June to renew if your extension expires before the end of July

• Like 2

The Danish embassy in Bangkok stopped earlier this month issuing income verification letters without any warning. They said, that the embassy cannot guarantee the income for the coming year, based on income statements from a previous year, and that the Thai authorities wish an income gurantee for the year to come.

However, and the might be of interest for others, the Danish embassy yesterday stated, that if a Danish citizen has a steady income in form of a for example governmental retirement pension, and the department paying that pension would send a verification letter for the coming years retirement pension directly to the embassy, then the embassy would translate it to English and verify the translation.

Perhaps that might be a possibility for other nationals with a steady governmental retirement pension also, i.e. that their national embassy would do a similar thing.

The question is if the various Thai immigrations will accept such a letter. A Dane today posted in a Danish language forum, that he had checked with immigration in Udon Thani, and they had said that they would accept a letter like that as proof of income – however, no guaranitie if that is official, and that other immigrations might have similar view – but it might help people having a steady retirement pension of 40k baht a month, for extension of stay based on marriage, or as part of a total of 800k baht with mixed funds for extension of stay based on retirement, if that would be the case.

Could be worth checking by other nationals and report back on Thaivisa forum.

????

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jeffkp said:

Thanks.

Obtain a card that from your bank that allows the account to be accessed from an ATM then give the card to the person concerned, that’s what I have done,

• Like 1

22 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Don't hold your breath for any future change in the amount of money that needs to be in the Thai Bank for a retirement Visa.  Response to my email to British Consul was, "it's your problem to sort it out with your local Immigration Office".  I presume that with this vast reduction in work in the Consul Department, that there will be a considerable down sizing of that Department........starting with the Consul Him/Herself!

The downsizing has already occurred, the visa staff moved to India earlier in the year. I suspect that the majority of the staff left in Consular Services are Thai nationals that may be unable to deal with UK financial paperwork.