Trump demands wall funding, increasing threat of U.S. government shutdown

webfact

Time for our daily check in!

gofundmewall4.PNG.2a65c11f5659890c20a0e5e597021c25.PNG

Let's see how it's trending:

Day                  Amount            Change       Average Contribution    Est. Days to Goal

Friday:           $10,083,100                                  $60.78                                 298

Saturday:     $13,816,347         +37%                $61.03                                  261

Today:           $15,641,771          +13%                $60.95                                 539

Edited by attrayant
cleaned up code tag
  • Like 1

Day                  Amount            Change       Average Contribution    Est. Days to Goal

Friday:           $10,083,100                                  $60.78                                 298

Saturday:     $13,816,347         +37%                $61.03                                  261

Sunday:         $15,641,771          +13%                $60.95                                539

Today:            $16,365,715        +4.6%                 $60.83                              1,359

Oops; things seem to be slowing down.

Edited by attrayant
trying to clean up code tags
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Day                  Amount            Change       Average Contribution    Est. Days to Goal

Friday:           $10,083,100                                  $60.78                                 298

Saturday:     $13,816,347         +37%                $61.03                                  261

Sunday:         $15,641,771          +13%                $60.95                                539

Today:            $16,365,715        +4.6%                 $60.83                              1,359

Oops; things seem to be slowing down.

On 12/21/2018 at 1:17 PM, Cryingdick said:

$10,686,100 now and that's only four hours after you posted that. I am verifying it is legit and will add $1,000 of my own. Let's see where it's at in a month. Even $10 million is enough to start assembling parts of the wall now, Rome wasn't built in a day.

At the current rate of 2.5 million a day it will take 400 days to raise a billion. Usually these  things pick up steam. I wasn't even aware of this until I saw this thread. It's nice this thread was able to give the gofundme some additional exposure it wouldn't have received typically. 

Maybe it's picking up steam but nowadays cars run mostly on gas(oline) and it seems to be running out of that.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Maybe it's picking up steam but nowadays cars run mostly on gas(oline) and it seems to be running out of that.

It will pick up more steam.   They have to wait for the Disability checks to arrive and then the welfare checks.   Now, if the gov't closes too long and they don't arrive, there will be real problems.    

On 12/22/2018 at 4:31 AM, Cryingdick said:

If walls and fences don't work why does every airport and most freeways in the world have one? 

To keep citizens out of the way of dangerous things...are you suggesting we need to fence Americans in? Or just a fence around the White House to contain the swamp peddler in there? 

Another thought is if Trump wasn’t so p1ssed with the Chinese he could probably do an artful deal to get a cheap well built wall...a GREAT wall.

Apparently reports are suggesting that Poor me Trump is home alone in the WH. But can’t see that as a problem as his greatest fan himself is there with him.

Jeez the Dems don’t take over the house for another nine days and the American President show is already block buster entertainment. I think the producers should script that Trump gets another term and the Dems take over the Senate. Would be awesome Trump melt downs then. Hollywood is still the best shows.

Edited by Roadman
To remove my tongue from in my cheek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Day                             Amount            Change       Average Contribution    Est. Days to Goal

21 Dec 2018:           $10,083,100                                    $60.78                                 298

22 Dec 2018:          $13,816,347           +37%                $61.03                                  261

23 Dec 2018:          $15,641,771            +13%                $60.95                                  539

24 Dec 2018:          $16,365,715          +4.6%               $60.83                               1,359

Today:                     $16,840,194          +2.9%               $60.77                               2,072

Day #8.

I'd say this fund raiser has just about run out of steam.  It's trending a lot like the S&P500 ????

Edited by attrayant
clean up code tag again
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2018 at 8:34 AM, Boon Mee said:

The Wall is going to happen. Whether it comes to fruition thru Congress or a Go Fund Me which btw, is over a billion dollars already. 

why should the US pay for the wall???? is he the guy during his campaign and early days or governance stated loud and clear and read my lips.... MEXICO will pay for the wall

What?

"We the people will pay for the wall?"

Going by the latest stockmarket report,not much left to give to Trump.

Oh Wait,maybe there is some money leftover because they under payed the immigrant workers?

If that is true somehow Mexico is paying for the wall after all,in a different way.

• Like 1

With the current state of remote surveillance, one must really question the cost-effectiveness and utility of a wall.  An army of drones can do a very good job of patrolling the border.  They likely will be used anyway.

The wall won't stop asylum seekers .. they go to the border guard stations.

And then there is the ocean.  How does a wall stop people from landing in the US illegally?

It's a colossal waste of billions of dollars in essentially a symbolic wall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wcaldwell said:

With the current state of remote surveillance, one must really question the cost-effectiveness and utility of a wall.  An army of drones can do a very good job of patrolling the border.  They likely will be used anyway.

The wall won't stop asylum seekers .. they go to the border guard stations.

And then there is the ocean.  How does a wall stop people from landing in the US illegally?

It's a colossal waste of billions of dollars in essentially a symbolic wall.

And then there's that fact that almost half of illegal immigrants arrive on airplanes with legitimate tourist visas or other types of visas. And then overstay.

• Like 2

Day 9:

Day                             Amount            Change       Average Contribution    Est. Days to Goal

21 Dec 2018:           $10,083,100                                    $60.78                                 298

22 Dec 2018:          $13,816,347           +37%                $61.03                                  261

23 Dec 2018:          $15,641,771            +13%                $60.95                                  539

24 Dec 2018:          $16,365,715          +4.6%               $60.83                               1,359

25 Dec 2018:          $16,840,194         +2.9%               $60.77                                2,072

Today:                     $17,150,617           +1.8%                $60.78                                3,166

Not looking good.

• Haha 2

Individual-1 as it always tends to do, has already publicly revealed what this is all about. It doesn't care so much that the great dear leader bigly ego wall of "trump" actually ever gets built though it would like a shiny new section to pose with for it's 2020 campaign ads, it doesn't actually expect to "win" this government shutdown temper tantrum, but rather as far as it's concerned, just the optics of appearing to put up a big stinky destructive divisive fight will be more than good enough to keep it in the graces of his hard core xenophobic base. It and its family and business "empire" is skating on very thin ice now, it's being investigated from every angle including from directions that it doesn't have the power to crush (STATE of New York), so it knows it's only hope now is to hang on to it's base. That's all this is. A propaganda stunt to keep that base.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

On 12/21/2018 at 1:17 PM, Cryingdick said:

$10,686,100 now and that's only four hours after you posted that. I am verifying it is legit and will add $1,000 of my own. Let's see where it's at in a month. Even $10 million is enough to start assembling parts of the wall now, Rome wasn't built in a day.

At the current rate of 2.5 million a day it will take 400 days to raise a billion. Usually these  things pick up steam. I wasn't even aware of this until I saw this thread. It's nice this thread was able to give the gofundme some additional exposure it wouldn't have received typically. 

Thank you for your $1,000 contribution to the Yacht Fund.

SOURCE: Wall GoFundMe sponsor just paid for a ‘nearly’ $1 million yacht (UPDATED II)

A source close to the Florida man who raised over $22 million on GoFundMe in the “We The People Will Build the Wall” campaign just revealed today in their opinion money may be diverted to pay for a ‘million dollar’ yacht and high-flying lifestyle.

https://thesternfacts.com/source-build-the-wall-gofundme-just-paid-for-a-nearly-1-million-yacht-not-a-wall-72958836bd0c

• Thanks 1