Unofficial Police Hearing about what you do in Thailand

dennis123

Dennis buddy, you seem to be taking things very lightly.

Let me explain to you, not as expert, as i am far from it, but as someone who has been through Thai legal system and the very same cells.

All these innocent questions are NOT innocent. Roiwen(pardon the spelling),he is something like a detective/inspector.

He makes the case which he then forwards to court and immigration.

Depending on what he writes and how, the outcomes vary,

Thai police work different to our home police, here they are sweet, smiley and helpful, thats how they get what they want out of you.

If you recall i told you on your other thread, a report WAS or IS or WILL be faxed to immigration.

What happens next, you do not know as no one tells you until you hit the checkpoints.

Just be aware, somethings are not as "easy" as they appear.

From personal experience, my case is over, yet i am still unable to extend my visa and still have to go out to get a new one, NON B, i have been living on extentions of stay for 17 years, well no more and why?

Because computer has a record of my legal troubles and immigration refused to do extensions.even though all is over, have letters from court saying all is over and a letter from judge NOT objecting my visa renewal and still no luck.

Immigration wants a letter from prosecutor saying all over and prosecutors do not issue such letters.

I hope you do not find yourself in the same predicament, but be aware and like i said, police does not ask innocent questions. 

i dont know why guys like this spin these

BS tales about getting money from website?

It do not a thing to help when talk to police and just the way for more questions.

Easy just tell them you have 2 house

back home, and you rent out for good money.

simple, they can get it and no more questions needed

On 12/27/2018 at 7:43 PM, 473geo said:

Speaking to a policeman at our local bank, I figured he was just taking the opportunity to speak a little English. From nowhere came (for a Thai) a very direct question.........

What do you think of the (current) government?

My response....."They will try their best, I don't have any interest in politics, countries are controlled by money not politicians"

Seemed to accept my response and changed the topic......but I did wonder of the outcome had my response had been negative and critical

Over the years I have been asked my view of the government of the day on a number of occasions but never I recall by the police.

My stock answer is I am not Thai and cannot vote so not interested in politics, seems to do the job.